Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

gca_ipl;351260 said:
from My Cricket he is a guy that plays 3rd XI and Under 17 for Lara must bowl poo and score slowly though !!

i play under 15s for newcomb district and 2nds/3rds.
must admit i do score pretty slowly though:p

cow-corner;351265 said:

ive played against 3 of them.. none were too flash ones from lara,newcomb & anakie common name around 1993 hahah

gca_ipl;351260 said:
from My Cricket he is a guy that plays 3rd XI and Under 17 for Lara must bowl poo and score slowly though !!

cow-corner;351265 said:

ive played against 3 of them.. none were too flash ones from lara,newcomb & anakie common name around 1993 hahah

cow-corner;351271 said:
i was born in 1995 boof:D

shut up Josh, if you average out the years of birth from the 3 it comes to 1993, .... one in 1991 one in 1993 and you in 95, please dont correct me until you are correct yourself. from our situation you may be playing 1sts next year,, all while i enjoy Division 2 4th XI :)

daniel_son_91;351272 said:
shut up Josh, if you average out the years of birth from the 3 it comes to 1993, .... one in 1991 one in 1993 and you in 95, please dont correct me until you are correct yourself. from our situation you may be playing 1sts next year,, all while i enjoy Division 2 4th XI :)

lol, that would be quite sad for the club if that happens,
any news on where josh janssen going?

cow-corner;351271 said:
i was born in 1995 boof:D

I never feel comfortable forecasting a side's tough times but unfortunatley, i see them ahead for NDCC. Lads, my club was in the same position four years ago. Belted from pillar to post in Div 1 and then relegated. You just need to get your off-field structures right, get the juniors going strong and everything on field will slowly but surely come together. Last year we had a tough season again with several players missing for the season but it gave us a good chance to promote and play several of the under 17s with 4 of them making their 1st XI debut and one even tying down a regular opening spot. Players will want to leave, fight a little to keep them but if they want to go and not be part of it; you'll soon find out who is prepared to roll up the sleeves and do the hard yards. It is these people who savour the good times more than anyone else.

daniel_son_91;351272 said:

lol, that would be quite sad for the club if that happens,
any news on where josh janssen going?

Renny24;351436 said:
I never feel comfortable forecasting a side's tough times but unfortunatley, i see them ahead for NDCC. Lads, my club was in the same position four years ago. Belted from pillar to post in Div 1 and then relegated. You just need to get your off-field structures right, get the juniors going strong and everything on field will slowly but surely come together. Last year we had a tough season again with several players missing for the season but it gave us a good chance to promote and play several of the under 17s with 4 of them making their 1st XI debut and one even tying down a regular opening spot. Players will want to leave, fight a little to keep them but if they want to go and not be part of it; you'll soon find out who is prepared to roll up the sleeves and do the hard yards. It is these people who savour the good times more than anyone else.

No Doubt we are coming into some tough times. Our lower grades have been out of it in Div 1, but the firsts, well last year was the first time they missed the finals for number of years and we didn't finish bottom, so I wouldn't go as far as saying we were belted from pillar to post. The players leaving, well that's there choice with a couple that were disruptive and behaved like 5 year olds when they didn't get what they wanted. Great players but new clubs can have them.

Newcomb have always had a strong core of members that will still be around and like all clubs, recruits will come and go.

Last season was a shame with the ground out for the year which meant Sunday every other week and other clubs will feel the pinch when there grounds get done. (has a Hugh impact on the playing group)
So don't right the Dino's off just yet, I think we will be pretty competitive in Divy 2 and might just surprise a few.

Anyway Renny thanks for your words. Geelong Cricket needs every club, every Division to be strong as we are the best comp around. Love us or Hate us at Dino land, you will know you have played a game against us as we will never lay down. Good luck to all

Hard Hitter;351521 said:
No Doubt we are coming into some tough times. Our lower grades have been out of it in Div 1, but the firsts, well last year was the first time they missed the finals for number of years and we didn't finish bottom, so I wouldn't go as far as saying we were belted from pillar to post. The players leaving, well that's there choice with a couple that were disruptive and behaved like 5 year olds when they didn't get what they wanted. Great players but new clubs can have them.

Newcomb have always had a strong core of members that will still be around and like all clubs, recruits will come and go.

Last season was a shame with the ground out for the year which meant Sunday every other week and other clubs will feel the pinch when there grounds get done. (has a Hugh impact on the playing group)
So don't right the Dino's off just yet, I think we will be pretty competitive in Divy 2 and might just surprise a few.

Anyway Renny thanks for your words. Geelong Cricket needs every club, every Division to be strong as we are the best comp around. Love us or Hate us at Dino land, you will know you have played a game against us as we will never lay down. Good luck to all

The club only has itself to blame. To few want to do anything and a couple of one's that did put there hand up either never turned up or the old leave it to someone else. Interesting times i agree that the dino's face but sooner they get rid of the firing squad the better. I do believe that there is a few players that needed to go but if a club doesn't use its senior comittee to make decisions then whats the point of having one. Coaches going left, right and centre and players exiting quicker than a Air France flight bound for Paris.

Well said though Renny if players don't want to be there then let them go, after all we are playing local cricket not trying to qualify for the World Cup. . . .

Is it true that 3rds and 4ths players going to Leopold???

Renny24;351436 said:

The piece in today's GA about Blue West's cricket section folding was a surprise. Seems there are still blokes wanting to play cricket, but no-one wants to take responsibility for running the show. Evidently the move to BPCA last season was not helpful to them. Why on earth did they leave GCA3?

So will any clubs in the area be keen to secure Bakers Oval as a home ground?!?!?

Hard Hitter;351521 said:

The club only has itself to blame. To few want to do anything and a couple of one's that did put there hand up either never turned up or the old leave it to someone else. Interesting times i agree that the dino's face but sooner they get rid of the firing squad the better. I do believe that there is a few players that needed to go but if a club doesn't use its senior comittee to make decisions then whats the point of having one. Coaches going left, right and centre and players exiting quicker than a Air France flight bound for Paris.

Well said though Renny if players don't want to be there then let them go, after all we are playing local cricket not trying to qualify for the World Cup. . . .

Is it true that 3rds and 4ths players going to Leopold???

Newcomb and District may still be strong in Divvy 2 as they are under no obligation to clear any players as they have a 1 year hold on all players except anyone who is leaving to be a professional player at another club. So if the commitee of NDCC play hard ball (ie. no clearances) and convince the players that are wanting to leave to stay, and they get their shit together off field and on, they may be able to get straight back up. All the clubs (Sth Barwon, City) that are pilfering all their players also need to have a good look at themselves, I bet if they were going down they wouldn't be to impressed with all the poaching!!! Finally NDCC need to look at the people that they are bringing into their club who have now left them high and dry, I will name a few D.Koliba, B.Smiljanic, J.Miller, J.Murray, D.Kiddle, C.Jones, J.Babb, C.Ford, K.Ford to name a few. You are only as good as the people you have in your club so the question has to be asked are these guys quality people and if so where are they now that you need them?

The piece in today's GA about Blue West's cricket section folding was a surprise. Seems there are still blokes wanting to play cricket, but no-one wants to take responsibility for running the show. Evidently the move to BPCA last season was not helpful to them. Why on earth did they leave GCA3?

So will any clubs in the area be keen to secure Bakers Oval as a home ground?!?!?

Look here;351653 said:

Maybe your clubs second's ground Rick?. Played a little footy at west, seem like good people, surprised they can't get five or six people to put there hands up.

Newcomb and District may still be strong in Divvy 2 as they are under no obligation to clear any players as they have a 1 year hold on all players except anyone who is leaving to be a professional player at another club. So if the commitee of NDCC play hard ball (ie. no clearances) and convince the players that are wanting to leave to stay, and they get their shit together off field and on, they may be able to get straight back up. All the clubs (Sth Barwon, City) that are pilfering all their players also need to have a good look at themselves, I bet if they were going down they wouldn't be to impressed with all the poaching!!! Finally NDCC need to look at the people that they are bringing into their club who have now left them high and dry, I will name a few D.Koliba, B.Smiljanic, J.Miller, J.Murray, D.Kiddle, C.Jones, J.Babb, C.Ford, K.Ford to name a few. You are only as good as the people you have in your club so the question has to be asked are these guys quality people and if so where are they now that you need them?

obser;351663 said:

Mate your obviously my mum, and don't know any of these blokes named so get behind your computer and stay anonymous you goose.

Look here;351653 said:

Maybe your clubs second's ground Rick?. Played a little footy at west, seem like good people, surprised they can't get five or six people to put there hands up.

obser;351663 said:

You are obviously one of the older players or ex players at NDCC and don't like your toes troden on. If these so called blokes were so called 'High and Dry cricketers' why are they all still seen driking together on a regular basis???? Have seen these blokes wondering town together enjoying a night on the juice yet one thing they all have in common. 'THEY LEFT NDCC' maybe it may be a club that they are joining together but from a outsider all i see is something is up at NDCC. I think it is great that they have gone and cracked the Division 1 gig, but in the same time they have lost some quality cricketers to other clubs.

THE QUESTION IS WHY??????

obser;351663 said:

Mate your obviously my mum, and don't know any of these blokes named so get behind your computer and stay anonymous you goose.

Buddy23#;351672 said:

I would be the first in line to suggest to Murghe to secure Bakers Oval as their 3rds & 4ths ground. Sorry Look Here but King Lloyd #2 is a disgrace.

obser;351663 said:

You are obviously one of the older players or ex players at NDCC and don't like your toes troden on. If these so called blokes were so called 'High and Dry cricketers' why are they all still seen driking together on a regular basis???? Have seen these blokes wondering town together enjoying a night on the juice yet one thing they all have in common. 'THEY LEFT NDCC' maybe it may be a club that they are joining together but from a outsider all i see is something is up at NDCC. I think it is great that they have gone and cracked the Division 1 gig, but in the same time they have lost some quality cricketers to other clubs.

obser;351663 said:

Not sure what you are referring to Obser when you mention about the clubs that need to have a good look at themselves that are pilfering Newcomb's players ? I do not think we have gone out and chased any of these guys prior to them speaking with us about the possibility of playing next season. We have been down to division two in the past so we know about doing the hard yards. It is funny when 5 or 6 years ago no player would be looking to go to South but now after the club has build itself up from not much people like to take aim when players rumour they want to come to South Barwon. And at this stage of the season all player movements are pretty much just that, rumours. I reckon when you start taking aim at certain clubs and also mention certain players names then you should not really be doing that under an alias. And if you are who I think you are then your club has taken it's share of players from other clubs over the last decade, including a few from Leopold, St Peters just to name a few.

Buddy23#;351672 said:

I would be the first in line to suggest to Murghe to secure Bakers Oval as their 3rds & 4ths ground. Sorry Look Here but King Lloyd #2 is a disgrace.

gca_ipl;351751 said:
Not sure what you are referring to Obser when you mention about the clubs that need to have a good look at themselves that are pilfering Newcomb's players ? I do not think we have gone out and chased any of these guys prior to them speaking with us about the possibility of playing next season. We have been down to division two in the past so we know about doing the hard yards. It is funny when 5 or 6 years ago no player would be looking to go to South but now after the club has build itself up from not much people like to take aim when players rumour they want to come to South Barwon. And at this stage of the season all player movements are pretty much just that, rumours. I reckon when you start taking aim at certain clubs and also mention certain players names then you should not really be doing that under an alias. And if you are who I think you are then your club has taken it's share of players from other clubs over the last decade, including a few from Leopold, St Peters just to name a few.

IPL, just a question....Your recruitment has perhaps been the envy of many GCA clubs and you guys are doing a fine job in re-building (or make that read continuing to build your club).Did all of these players over the past three season just knock on Sth Barwon's door? : B Anderton, A Ford, D Hester, J Babb, P Hunt, D Koliba, C Ford, K Ford . Don't get too defensive, NDCC is dropping down a division. Under GCA rules, they don't have to clear anyone. If players want to stay up and continue to play Div 1 rather than stick with the club going down, then that's their choice. Club should try and keep them but if they stay up, then they are playing a higher standard of cricket, shouldn't be anything wrong with that. Whether these blokes knocked on your door; which i doubt they all did; or you went out and recruited everyone one of them, shouldn't even be an issue.
Anyone reckon no one called any Thomson, Mano, Highton, Torquay or St Peters players when they were relegated?!

obser;351663 said:

Renny24;351754 said:
IPL, just a question....Your recruitment has perhaps been the envy of many GCA clubs and you guys are doing a fine job in re-building (or make that read continuing to build your club).Did all of these players over the past three season just knock on Sth Barwon's door? : B Anderton, A Ford, D Hester, J Babb, P Hunt, D Koliba, C Ford, K Ford . Don't get too defensive, NDCC is dropping down a division. Under GCA rules, they don't have to clear anyone. If players want to stay up and continue to play Div 1 rather than stick with the club going down, then that's their choice. Club should try and keep them but if they stay up, then they are playing a higher standard of cricket, shouldn't be anything wrong with that. Whether these blokes knocked on your door; which i doubt they all did; or you went out and recruited everyone one of them, shouldn't even be an issue.
Anyone reckon no one called any Thomson, Mano, Highton, Torquay or St Peters players when they were relegated?!

I suppose we have just been patient, we started slowly by just building up the whole club to be a certain division one club and once you have that and start to be competitive you do get guys wanting to come and play for your club. It did not hurt when you have the Hornet as our coach who plays cricket with a lot of the better players in Geelong and was good mates with Ando of the Brett variety, then who has been mates since childhood with our old Grovey Uniting Team mate Anthony Ford. You can then see how is all just gains momentum from there, you start winning in the 1st XI and have a good club and you do get people interested in playing for you. I suppose it is what East, Joey's, Nth Geelong have had for years. Phil Hunt was really the only one out of the box and he just happened to move into the area and was working with one of our players. Same with our latest recruit from Ballarat, someone involved in the club knew he moved to the area and it went from there. Alot is luck but over the years I were involved in the club we had many failed recruitment attempts, so I suppose you take the run of the green when it is your time.

gca_ipl;351751 said:

my last posts here were pretty ordinay i had my back up with a few issues, so i hope the slate gets wiped clear.

anyway theres alot going on in the world of local cricket, as ive been
reading. ive played at ndcc for 16 years. the club has had quite alot spoken about it in recent times, alot of it is missinformed. if anyone has anything they want cleared up about the club or possible departures or arrivals, not that i think there will be many of the latter go ahead and ask i will try to clear it up for you.

Renny24;351754 said:

I suppose we have just been patient, we started slowly by just building up the whole club to be a certain division one club and once you have that and start to be competitive you do get guys wanting to come and play for your club. It did not hurt when you have the Hornet as our coach who plays cricket with a lot of the better players in Geelong and was good mates with Ando of the Brett variety, then who has been mates since childhood with our old Grovey Uniting Team mate Anthony Ford. You can then see how is all just gains momentum from there, you start winning in the 1st XI and have a good club and you do get people interested in playing for you. I suppose it is what East, Joey's, Nth Geelong have had for years. Phil Hunt was really the only one out of the box and he just happened to move into the area and was working with one of our players. Same with our latest recruit from Ballarat, someone involved in the club knew he moved to the area and it went from there. Alot is luck but over the years I were involved in the club we had many failed recruitment attempts, so I suppose you take the run of the green when it is your time.

The Truth 18;351771 said:
my last posts here were pretty ordinay i had my back up with a few issues, so i hope the slate gets wiped clear.

reading. ive played at ndcc for 16 years. the club has had quite alot spoken about it in recent times, alot of it is missinformed. if anyone has anything they want cleared up about the club or possible departures or arrivals, not that i think there will be many of the latter go ahead and ask i will try to clear it up for you.

Who is leaving NDCC? Whats the club saying????

Watching Closely;351709 said:

ive never played at NDCC so i might be wrong, but the one common theme ive heard over the years from those that have played there is the Harrisons seem to have run of the place, and if ya dont like it you put up with it or leave. and before all you die hard dinos get on my case, im just telling you what i have heard from those that have played there over the years. i never had any beef with NDCC when i played against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back