General Chat 12/13

Nothing to do today after our hit out on our centre wicket, so thought I would read the new rules again. The leg side wide/no ball rule is for a ball passing outside leg stump. So it can effectively pass between stumps and batsman and be an illegal delivery!!!!! Time to put the in swinging yorker away

Nothing to do today after our hit out on our centre wicket, so thought I would read the new rules again. The leg side wide/no ball rule is for a ball passing outside leg stump. So it can effectively pass between stumps and batsman and be an illegal delivery!!!!! Time to put the in swinging yorker away
But only after the first two, IIRC, so it's still on for two balls an over.

Should there be a reserve day this season
I think there should be a reserve day every season - perhaps even two, one before and one after Christmas.

I guess the problem being the need to play on a Sunday. But in principle, I think we should be doing everything we can to ensure that every round is played.

have they scrapped it? was on the fixture last year but not this time...
The reserve day last season was on sunday 11th Dec for 1st elevens only. I think it caused too much disruption to the sunday sides. Especially to those clubs that only have one turf table at their disposal.

I notice in this seasons fixture the north D1-1 day sunday comp begins after the xmas break on sunday 20/01/2013.
I presume sunday 13th would be available for a catch up match.
I haven't seen a fixture for a sunday 2 day comp as yet. Nor sure if there is one, or if there is when it starts after xmas.

2nd sunday before xmas may impact on christmas functions especially for clubs with juniors. By then work functions are starting to amp up and any spare work/cricket free day is usually spent xmas shopping. Maybe a date in the new year would be more appropriate??

Well you just proved your before Xmas is worse as there are under 21s scheduled then. I'm sure if the kids good enough to make the side he will be playing in 1st 11 so after Xmas would be more appropriate.

judging by some of the incongruous comments on this subject and all it's complexities it would appear that Jan 13th would be preferable. Can the exec be bribed?

It will be report to grounds unless it buckets down. I know we got a heap of rain down south. Not sure there is going to be enough sun to dry the wicket out by sat

Glen Eira Council sent an email out tonight to all clubs and associations that they have no grounds available this weekend, so that rules out at least three senior division clubs and a good handful of lower division clubs. Not looking promosing for a Round 1 start.

Glen Eira Council sent an email out tonight to all clubs and associations that they have no grounds available this weekend, so that rules out at least three senior division clubs and a good handful of lower division clubs. Not looking promosing for a Round 1 start.
Should the VTCA consider bring in a wet weather decision for each division eg 1 for Senior right down to West A. Rather than
a blanket decision for everyone.

Back