General Chat 12/13

Middle Park, that's no surprise. Doesn't the golf club do their table anyway?

By the way, if your Kingston Council club & your in desperate need of Merry Creek soil like us then there will hopefully be some available this week. Don;t expect it to be delivered but hit up Trent in Sport & Rec & Matt in Parks. Cheers

all yarraville club grounds to be ready this week , they say there's a gun groundsman who works at arden st helping them out . they say hes like the london fog " hey will not lift '
Well breaking news Buckets Bronca has gone in for knee op and will not bowl till after Xmas .Apparently it happened after he ate the baby calf that was on the spit,then tried to throw his leg over my prized bull. :D :cool:

Well breaking news Buckets Bronca has gone in for knee op and will not bowl till after Xmas .Apparently it happened after he ate the baby calf that was on the spit,then tried to throw his leg over my prized bull. :D :cool:
that will teach the lunch cutter what was he doin on my mrs farm anyways. cant take your eyes of him for a second when your mrs are around

all yarraville club grounds to be ready this week , they say there's a gun groundsman who works at arden st helping them out . they say hes like the london fog " hey will not lift '
his a good frend of mine but i wouldnt bat on anything he prepares been there done that - the wicket was as lively as mr warriguls daughter after a few cruisers

not true about bucket broncas knee apparantly hes having lap band surgery because aftertnoon teas have got the better of him , maybe pies pacholli and him can get a two for one deal . pacholli69 you dont have friends and are to tight to buycruisers anyway .

Managed to get together 5 teams for the weekend, and had a couple of kids who were also keen to play. Unfortunately we have already received 2 forfeits, so 20 odd blokes will miss for the 3rd time this year. Hopefully the rest of us get on

Managed to get together 5 teams for the weekend, and had a couple of kids who were also keen to play. Unfortunately we have already received 2 forfeits, so 20 odd blokes will miss for the 3rd time this year. Hopefully the rest of us get on
Just got the call - we can make that 3 forfeits out of 5 games. Pretty disappointing, particularly when two of those sides are playing in the same grade!!!

1st time forum poster, long time VTCA player/curator.

Three things that become apparent at this time of the year is that

1. Clubs need to find a way to take control of preparing their own wickets. Many clubs in the South are used to preparing their own & I dare say that the majority of those pitches that were ready to be played on Saturday would have been Southern clubs. There is no vested interest from Councils & I can't imagine more than the bare minimum being done on wickets. As a curator myself, the time needed to prepare wickets early in the season is massive & these council workers (or sub contractors) just don't have the time (or enthusiasm).

2. Make it division specific with regards to calling matches off or not. A quick call around to clubs in your division will quickly find out whether you get a ground up for play. If all can get on then play. If all can't get up pitches then don't play. We pay enough money to these councils every year to use them & I'm yet to see a deduction in rent from my council if we don't get on so lets play as many scheduled matches as possible.

3. Start the season at least one week later. Any ground used for footy needs a minimum 6 weeks to get decent grass on the wicket at this time of the year.
Interesting comment there DH. Around twenty five years ago, Maribyrnong Council and Sunshine council because of inconsistent performance by their own curators agreed to hand over the preparation of turf wickets to the clubs themselves. Located at each ground was a wicket roller and a reel mower which was given to the clubs free of charge. On the condition the clubs carried out maintenance and repairs at there own expense. Last I heard Maribyrnong council still top dressed the table. Where as Moonee Valley does not.

Those clubs that have there wickets prepared by council Sub contractors, do they have the machinery housed at there grounds or do the sub contractors cart them around from ground to ground?

you are kidding yourself drongo jones , i would hate to see what they could do if they were not " mongrel dogs ". is that true your club keeps getting relegated while the club keeps winning flags ooooooohhhhhh poor drongo .sounds like ANOTHER case of jealousy . enjoy c2
Phew. Another mental case. Whats in the water over there?

Have Moonee Valley in North A2 put themselves in the record book with their score yesterday of 6, all out, from 17.2 overs. Anyone know of a lower score in VTCA?

In 1954/55 Hampton 2nds (I think) were dismissed for 3 by Murrumbeena. This of course was not the VTCA, but the VJCA before the name was changed.

Severe shortages due to Cox Plate next week perhaps?
They had quantity, eleven players as bowling figures were: 5 for 4 & 5 for 2, obviously not quality. It's not often a side would be able to enforce a follow on after only making 126.
I remember a couple of similar scores from my day. Spotswood all out 6 vs OEG, North D, 1985-86 & Youlden Parkville all out 7 vs Altona North, North A, 1972-73.

Back