General Chat 2011/12

good point 2blue. Although my sources tell me that the captains who voted on the balls after they were given test balls (both Kooka and Platypus) in Rd 11 last season, were actually given specifically made Platypus - not the same quality as was being used throughout the season. Apparently these were specifically made for the vote so were of a far better quality.

As long as Platypus can deliver the same quality throughout the entire season - but unlikely given they hand painted the pink balls for the Pink Weekend!!!!

The VTCA must be supplying Platypus with a heap of business. Surely being a major customer the VTCA would be able get a better deal/product. Try and name 1 club that doesn't expect it!

If you'd been around clubs and once were one of these 'riff raff' than you would know the importance to some players of playing sub district and district cricket even in the 3s and 4s.

Agreed most players in the 3s and 4s subbies level are not that great however it gives a lot of young 14-16 yr olds the chance to play in the arvo on turf (many clubs only have 1s and 2s on turf maybe 3s) which is great and defiantly the most important part in their development as local club 1s and 2s cricketers in years to come.

3s and 4s district level is exactly the same, opportunity for some to play on turf (although most 3s and 4s district young kids would play 1s and 2s at their local clubs) and whilst sometimes there is bullshit promises it is not all lies because unless you are an exceptional talent, no district club would walk you into their 1s or 2s so I think you will find that if you perform in the 3s and 4s you will be given opportunities.

Unfortunately people like you and dingo jones need to be able to let kids go because they all have dreams and some may take longer to realise it but they will. A fantastic strength in a cricket club is the ability to push kids forward and give them opportunities. Its going to get a kid far further in their cricket ability as well as a chance to play high levels by pushing them forward to district level even in the 3s and 4s because they can always play higher and higher. In the VTCA there is only so far you can go. You may only lose kids for 1-3 years anyway and by the time they are able to let go of playing higher and dreams they should be capable 1st X1 cricketers in the VTCA.

A very astute series of comments! I have never heard of a player coming back the same or worse after being in the Premier Cricket environment. Let them go, let them grow and reap the rewards down the track.

A very astute series of comments! I have never heard of a player coming back the same or worse after being in the Premier Cricket environment. Let them go, let them grow and reap the rewards down the track.

Yes, players will always come back if you've pushed them to higher levels, whether its 1 or 5 years

If you'd been around clubs and once were one of these 'riff raff' than you would know the importance to some players of playing sub district and district cricket even in the 3s and 4s.

Agreed most players in the 3s and 4s subbies level are not that great however it gives a lot of young 14-16 yr olds the chance to play in the arvo on turf (many clubs only have 1s and 2s on turf maybe 3s) which is great and defiantly the most important part in their development as local club 1s and 2s cricketers in years to come.

3s and 4s district level is exactly the same, opportunity for some to play on turf (although most 3s and 4s district young kids would play 1s and 2s at their local clubs) and whilst sometimes there is bullshit promises it is not all lies because unless you are an exceptional talent, no district club would walk you into their 1s or 2s so I think you will find that if you perform in the 3s and 4s you will be given opportunities.

Unfortunately people like you and dingo jones need to be able to let kids go because they all have dreams and some may take longer to realise it but they will. A fantastic strength in a cricket club is the ability to push kids forward and give them opportunities. Its going to get a kid far further in their cricket ability as well as a chance to play high levels by pushing them forward to district level even in the 3s and 4s because they can always play higher and higher. In the VTCA there is only so far you can go. You may only lose kids for 1-3 years anyway and by the time they are able to let go of playing higher and dreams they should be capable 1st X1 cricketers in the VTCA.

only bloke to make sence in the last 10 posts........

hussler your a dill!!!

only bloke to make sence in the last 10 posts........

hussler your a dill!!!

Guys in their early 20s get used by district clubs.......they promise them games in the 1 & 2s just so they can fill their 3s & 4s & that hurts local cricket, its FACT.

As for subbies 3s & 4s, well they are playing a pathetic standard, the better kids who play there would be better off playing local cricket (1s or 2s if good enough) which is a lot better standard than they play in subbies 3s & 4s...............by the way, use spellcheck you tiprat.......:p

Guys in their early 20s get used by district clubs.......they promise them games in the 1 & 2s just so they can fill their 3s & 4s & that hurts local cricket, its FACT.

As for subbies 3s & 4s, well they are playing a pathetic standard, the better kids who play there would be better off playing local cricket (1s or 2s if good enough) which is a lot better standard than they play in subbies 3s & 4s...............by the way, use spellcheck you tiprat.......:p

haha get a clue buddy.

first of all, cricketers never get used at a district clubs. if they make runs in the 3s and 4s they progress simple.

Local cricket clubs should be pushing their juniors to play higher. After all this is what junior cricket is for not to progress kids to your seniors in every case but to give those a chance to achieve bigger and better things to those who can achieve them!

If clubs do this they will get their juniors back down the track!!! you get out of kids what you put in so if you support them they almost always will remain loyal!!!

I'm not for subbies however playing at a local club as a 14 yr old it is difficult to break into 1sts and 2nds at a local club as they push the older juniors through first so sometimes 3s and 4s subbies give these young guys a chance for 1 year then they can return home.

still not making sence mudsucker!!!!

if subbies 3's n 4's standard is pathetic the kids in no shape or form will get a go at local 1's n 2's.....they will be playing on mats......making a heap of runs and not learning on the real stuff.......which is what subbies is all about......if they are good enough and want to go the next step then district is the next level......only kids who love and cherish the game for what it is through their teenage years will progress......17/18/19 are the key ages for natural progression the KEY is if they love the game......if not nightclubs/piss/girls take over and they end up at local cricket......because of lack of COMMITMENT.....

evan gulbis started in willy subby 4ths.......now thats a FACT.....where is he now......????

bzzzzzzzzzzz

haha get a clue buddy.

first of all, cricketers never get used at a district clubs. if they make runs in the 3s and 4s they progress simple.

Local cricket clubs should be pushing their juniors to play higher. After all this is what junior cricket is for not to progress kids to your seniors in every case but to give those a chance to achieve bigger and better things to those who can achieve them!

If clubs do this they will get their juniors back down the track!!! you get out of kids what you put in so if you support them they almost always will remain loyal!!!

I'm not for subbies however playing at a local club as a 14 yr old it is difficult to break into 1sts and 2nds at a local club as they push the older juniors through first so sometimes 3s and 4s subbies give these young guys a chance for 1 year then they can return home.

Your missing my point, Im saying that they blow wind up young blokes(18yo+) arses & tell them they are in the mix for the 2s when they know dam well they are not, then give them a game or two in the 2s when the state players are playing for vics, if they dont perform(which most wont) theyre straight back to the 3s?????

still not making sence mudsucker!!!!

if subbies 3's n 4's standard is pathetic the kids in no shape or form will get a go at local 1's n 2's.....they will be playing on mats......making a heap of runs and not learning on the real stuff.......which is what subbies is all about......if they are good enough and want to go the next step then district is the next level......only kids who love and cherish the game for what it is through their teenage years will progress......17/18/19 are the key ages for natural progression the KEY is if they love the game......if not nightclubs/piss/girls take over and they end up at local cricket......because of lack of COMMITMENT.....

evan gulbis started in willy subby 4ths.......now thats a FACT.....where is he now......????

bzzzzzzzzzzz

I said the BETTER kids would play local 1s & 2s moron.............evan gulbis was probably 13 when he played in the 4ths, dont give me that crap, subbies 1s standard aint what everyone thinks it is either??? Your a great example of this hahahaha:D

I said the BETTER kids would play local 1s & 2s moron.............evan gulbis was probably 13 when he played in the 4ths, dont give me that crap, subbies 1s standard aint what everyone thinks it is either??? Your a great example of this hahahaha:D

your an idiot.

the point we have been making on here is that 3s and 4s subbies is great for 13 and 14 and 15 yr olds as it gives turf cricket oppourtunity.

and if you've ever had anything to do with a district cricket club that fact is most kids playing 3s and 4s are probably no different to most of the guys in the 2s when they were of the same age. Every kid, and this is the truth, that plays 3s and 4s at a district club if they make runs or take wickets will always progress! If they continue to progress depends on how they perform. That is what is so great about district cricket. Once you are there, there is equal opportunity to push up the grades for all. If your stats are good as a young kid in the 3s and 4s most district clubs will give the chance to play 2s and continue to move through the grades.

then give them a game or two in the 2s when the state players are playing for vics, if they dont perform(which most wont) theyre straight back to the 3s?????

And this is what playing high competitive levels of cricket are all about. If you deserve the chance you'll get it. If you don't take that chance you go down and try again.

your an idiot.

the point we have been making on here is that 3s and 4s subbies is great for 13 and 14 and 15 yr olds as it gives turf cricket oppourtunity.

and if you've ever had anything to do with a district cricket club that fact is most kids playing 3s and 4s are probably no different to most of the guys in the 2s when they were of the same age. Every kid, and this is the truth, that plays 3s and 4s at a district club if they make runs or take wickets will always progress! If they continue to progress depends on how they perform. That is what is so great about district cricket. Once you are there, there is equal opportunity to push up the grades for all. If your stats are good as a young kid in the 3s and 4s most district clubs will give the chance to play 2s and continue to move through the grades.

then give them a game or two in the 2s when the state players are playing for vics, if they dont perform(which most wont) theyre straight back to the 3s?????

And this is what playing high competitive levels of cricket are all about. If you deserve the chance you'll get it. If you don't take that chance you go down and try again.

in my original post i never said anything about 13,14 or 15ys kids getting used, it was kids in their early 20s then i changed it to 18yo+ you dickhead...........:rolleyes:

thats right i was never any good but i worked my arse off to get the 2 subby champ final medals on the mantle piece and that says i was apart of a good team.....better kids will be playing subbies/then distict.....enough said.....

fact gulbis was 15/16 playing 4ths......

ps....i won club champ at the club im at now at age 17/18.....so in your terms im a good player......hahahaha spud!!!

in my original post i never said anything about 13,14 or 15ys kids getting used, it was kids in their early 20s then i changed it to 18yo+ you dickhead...........:rolleyes:

you are an absolute idiot you must be getting your club no where.

Yes you never said anything in your original post about 13-15 yr olds but I did in my first few posts and you argued with those.

Get a clue mate I hope you have nothing to do with the young kids at your local club

you are an absolute idiot you must be getting your club no where.

Yes you never said anything in your original post about 13-15 yr olds but I did in my first few posts and you argued with those.

Get a clue mate I hope you have nothing to do with the young kids at your local club

You need to read the posts again moron, I never quoted you originally??????

Now who needs a clue.......:eek:

p.s im getting my club nowhere hahaaha........you should talk to weapons about that, the goat herders are going nowhere in a hurry hahahahaha................shittrucks!!!!!!!!!

thats right i was never any good but i worked my arse off to get the 2 subby champ final medals on the mantle piece and that says i was apart of a good team.....better kids will be playing subbies/then distict.....enough said.....

fact gulbis was 15/16 playing 4ths......

ps....i won club champ at the club im at now at age 17/18.....so in your terms im a good player......hahahaha spud!!!

spruiking about yourself again hey......my point exactly, subbies championship to b-turf in willy comp & done NOTHING!!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly Hussler. I also agree with 2 bluesboss's comments. It appears weapons and nelsonpee wouldn't know shit from clay judging by their remarks. Anyway this is supposed to be a turf club site. I'll let those two into a little secret, their is such a thing as technique and if a kid has got it, he'll have it by age 15. That kid should go to a premier club where if he's any good he'll have a couple of games in the 4th's, play 3rd's for a season then into the two's.

Now the secret. If a kid hasn't got it by age 18, he's a dud as far as getting to premier 1st's and will be used as a hack in thirds and fourths to fill the sides if he keeps paying his money. Ask any premier club coach worth his salt if they haven't got it by 18 they'll never have it. Why the hell any parent would encourage their child to go to subbies from a local turf club is beyond me. It's a step sideways not upwards. If subbies are pulling 13,14 and 15 year olds out of local comps to fill their 3rd's and 4th's, that supports our argument.

The VTCA must be supplying Platypus with a heap of business. Surely being a major customer the VTCA would be able get a better deal/product. Try and name 1 club that doesn't expect it!
I don't think Kooka is any better, having used it in the past. Far too many bowlers rely too heavily on cut off the pitch. When the seam flattens out and the wicket is hard(because we play on covered wickets) all of a sudden most bowlers are straight up and down. So they become cannon fodder. Bowlers should be able to swing the ball in any condition whether it's one over old or 79. These days if their's no cut bowlers tend to lose heart and pack it in.

Back