General Chat 2011/12

Re field and bowling restrictions for the occasional one-day game. It's simply a case of an exasperated bleat from two so called bats who can't bat in Dstrek and Daleshack. Both of whom have an average of less than 20 and haven't made more that 350 in a season ever. They probably won't either as long as their dunga funga's point to the ground. No wonder they want restrictions.

I dont average over 20... correct
I havent made over 350 runs in a season... correct
BUT if you did your research correctly u would find that i bat 8,9,10 and open the bowling, think that would make me a bowler..
if ure going to sledge me at least get ure facts right.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that whether it be Senior Divison or West B, We are all still just playing PARK CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish that people who play suburban cricket were not referred to as "Park Cricketers" as if those that do play Suburban cricket were low life's. Lets not forget where our Grade Cricketers come from, some of whom go on and play State and Test cricket.
To my way of thinking, some radio and television commentators and even some former test players reference to suburban cricketers as "Park Cricketers" is a put down, which makes me angry. They seem to think the fact they have played higher gives them licence to make snide comments. There are a lot of volunteers in suburban cricket. When Ian Chappell made a snide comment about "park Cricketers" I nearly flew to Sydney to give him a good kick in the balls.

Have a listen to the commentary this summer and see how many commentators put down surburban cricketers.

In your first sentence where you included Senior Division, lets not forget that the vtca is an evolving beast. Our Seniors may well rival premiers one day in the not too distant future.

Excellent post Roy G Biv. I couldn't agree with you more. I have witnessed too many games that have finished as early as 3pm on the second day once a 1st innings result was achieved, simply because an outright was deemed unachievable and as a consequence 3 hours of cricket was lost for those that wanted to play on.

Those that advocate closure at 5 or 5.30 pm if captains agree so they can hit the bar totally miss the point of bonus points and minimum requirement of 80 overs per day. We are here to play cricket. So lets do just that every minute we can.

Re field and bowling restrictions for the occasional one-day game. It's simply a case of an exasperated bleat from two so called bats who can't bat in Dstrek and Daleshack. Both of whom have an average of less than 20 and haven't made more that 350 in a season ever. They probably won't either as long as their dunga funga's point to the ground. No wonder they want restrictions.

As for 2blues whom it's claimed bats at 11 agreeing with them, well he's a total disgrace to the bowlers fraternity.

They carry on like they are the majority view. Well they maybe on this thread but beware of the silent majority. The VTCA is about playing serious cricket to the best of ones ability and not about extending a helping hand to retards. There is another competition for that.

I don’t have a problem with bonus points – I have an issue with them being used as part of the definitive points tally. Use them as a tie breaker when points are level – but I want to see games of cricket won or lost, and finals played because of a team’s ability to do that. I don’t want to see a team play finals over a team that won more games, merely because of their ability to smash more runs in 6 overs of junk time at the end of the second day. That goes against everything we play cricket for – in my opinion

As for the finishing early – I am happy to play for as long as possible. However - you win or lose a tight game, and then you have to go out and play for an over or two. That is when cricket gets ugly. Crap cricketers mouth off and it is essentially pointless (apart from the points). I reckon get rid of the bonus points as part of the primary points tally, use them as a tie breaker if points from results are level and make it an option for the captains to agree to finish after 5:00 if they want. If one team wants to stay on they can

And Dingo – should we infer from your comment that anybody who thinks that bowling restrictions should be brought in is a ************. You’re a real class act

I don’t have a problem with bonus points – I have an issue with them being used as part of the definitive points tally. Use them as a tie breaker when points are level – but I want to see games of cricket won or lost, and finals played because of a team’s ability to do that. I don’t want to see a team play finals over a team that won more games, merely because of their ability to smash more runs in 6 overs of junk time at the end of the second day. That goes against everything we play cricket for – in my opinion

Agree totally, but this exact proposal was put up for a rule change last season and was defeated. Maybe you can try again next season - you've got my vote!

For some reason the draw for this season has gone back to a two-dayer last game. I hope we don't get those contrived results again.

{Waits for Sledges reply bagging Brighton District CC...}

Agree totally, but this exact proposal was put up for a rule change last season and was defeated. Maybe you can try again next season - you've got my vote!

For some reason the draw for this season has gone back to a two-dayer last game. I hope we don't get those contrived results again.

{Waits for Sledges reply bagging Brighton District CC...}
The last game this season had to be a two day game to follow the VMCU playing dates (which we must follow to avoid ground clashes). There is only 11 saturdays available before xmas this year due to the afl grand final being in october so the fixtures had to be altered.. For what its worth i think this should be looked at full time as the extra week for wicket prep is golden..

The last game this season had to be a two day game to follow the VMCU playing dates (which we must follow to avoid ground clashes). There is only 11 saturdays available before xmas this year due to the afl grand final being in october so the fixtures had to be altered.. For what its worth i think this should be looked at full time as the extra week for wicket prep is golden..

I reckon a little bit too much energy gets wasted worrying about contrived matches in the last game.

Surely there is far more logic in playing a 2 day game leading into the finals than stopping something – which is actually quite rarely successful

Your point about starting a week later to get pitches ready has merit – although we could reach the same point by councils/curators starting their prep a week early. And then they will think November is a good time to top dress!!

he definatley doesnt get it....... ex district players ive chatted with totally agree that 3s & 4s in premier are a cost that some clubs cant afford, subs wouldnt cover ground rental, balls, umps etc............:oops:

@weapons, if you want to talk about the willy comp go to their thread d1ckhead.......:mad:

boof head your a box hill!!!!

St Andrews (Sunshine) Cricket Club are Looking for Clubs to Participate in a Super 8's Tournament on Sunday 16th of October
all Games Played on Turf , 8 players per team required all balls, umpires etc catered for and Prizemoney for winning team
If interested Please Contact Jake by Email on jakebuttigieg.seda@gmail.com or by Phone 0432598307

Well he had a breakthrough year for Surrey, taking a lot of wickets, so he would be a huge get for them. I'd assumed since he "made it" at County level he'd have no need to play club cricket in Melbourne. Better to rest the body. But a great sign for OEG as they start off in North Division. Some good things happening there with the move to new grounds etc.

Back