Grenville Cricket Association

Re: Grenville Cricket Association

butters;180869 said:
morning all,
well the 2007-08 cricket season is almost upon us, and the crocs look to be the favourite with ease.

the likely captain for 07-08 anton wilson is likely to step up anothet notch this year adding alot of firepower to both the bowling and batting line ups, and with the speed and bounce of young left armer nick obrien, and the accuracy and swing of nippy medium pacer marshall cain, the crocs bowling attack looks formidable.

a mix of youth and experience could be the key to the batting line up, with rexy drinkwater,mick cain, trev dummet and ol silver, to guide young guns anton wilson and marshall cain there batting line up could be a killer if let loose this year.

the wildcard this year is marshall cain. with both skills in batting and bowling, is there anything this kid cant do?
improving his skills tremendously at bathurst over the past 6 months, averaging over 30 runs per game and taking 16 wickets, in just 9 games, is a fair effort. also winning there best anf fairest.

so is anyone going to step up and match the might crocs this year?
In my profesional opinion, i suggest not.

CROCS FOR PREMIERS 07-08!

Not sure if that's entirely correct butters. I know a couple of the young blokes out snake valley way and they reckon that Sharni Cain is the only one in that family with any real cricket tallent

Butters self praise is no recommendation.
better off letting the bat and ball do the talking
mate. and besides we all know Linton Blue is the measuring stick
of the league after winning the last 2 premierships and
boasting 6 Ballarat league first 11 players.
We are all looking forward to this years cricket season as it
shapes up to be one of the best in years with Linton Gold
doing some major recruiting in the off sesaon. word is Illabrook
won the Grenville Leagues Chris Judd like bidding war for the
services of one Muscles Humphreys. Can anyone confirm this?

hey boys....
i hear tho, through carngham rumours.... that they r getting a upcoming good defensive blocker that can stay in ther all day... im not sure but i think the name is couchy... maybe an uprising star to keep ur eys on

I wouldn't be bagging any of our carngham recruits... because when ya look at your big gun recruit of laurie and dave parker(DRUGS & FOOD) i wouldnt be saying anything..

who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
and yes, justa s suspected, dave parker.
linton gold, that pick up was just about as bad as essendon picking up camporeale.
may as well pick up shani cain. at least ya will get a sandwich o two at the lunch break.

butters;181037 said:
who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
and yes, justa s suspected, dave parker.
linton gold, that pick up was just about as bad as essendon picking up camporeale.
may as well pick up shani cain. at least ya will get a sandwich o two at the lunch break.

So true butters and at least she can bowl a ball within 2 metres of the pitch nd can actually chase after a ball and not stop for a burger or 2 on the way... carngham wont lose a game this yr cos the only reason they lost last yr was cos of the hands behind the stumps...

The gold diggers have done a little more than poach a couple of endangered crocs. you know what they say never smile at a crocodile
you just cant trust them. the recruiting of sharni cain would rob
carngham of any player named cain that was worth their salt.
yes dave parker shows guts but thats more than what can be said
for most crocs.
can gold digger 4 life confirm trying to undermine newtown by
trying to poach their no1 batsman/bowler? The bended elbow
is a dynamite trade ground with many deals being entered into
by numerous clubs in the last few weeks just lookout for
officer mcgriff the crime fighting dog while doing these deals in
the lavatories boys.
with all this talk of the crocs and LINTON BLUE id hate to think
that rokewood are flying under the radar will they be strong
again but fall at the penultimate hurdle? time will tell

look nob heads, linton blue have won 3 of the last 4 premierships. Chokewood blow and the valley are the most overrated pack of hasbeens and wannabees seen in years. If the valley are so good y dont they win anything?? And all this bagging of the gold diggers is at least half brave to bag a team that finished 2nd last and will most likely knock the valley off anyway. Idiots.

Truer words were never spoken. at least there
is someone else in this forum that isnt a
skinner croc! housie have u heard anything
about where muscles is going you being
his closest ally and friend?

i believe he is in the developement squad 4 australia who want him in the next world cup side. these are very strong and well founded rumours.

Linton Blue and Linton Gold have both had great
numbers at training with talk of possibly a Linton
Green side being entered into the league. watch
out crocs just another linton side to break your hearts.
Rumour has it that after being spotted together at the
LPFL grand final together and talking closely with Linton
cricketers that the drinkwater brothers were spotted at Linton
training in this past week.
On a different note money has already been plunged on
housie to hit at least 1 bowler this year for 3 consecutive 6s.
someone needs to open a book on this forum so certain people
can put their money where their mouths are

Hopper Cougher;181109 said:
The gold diggers have done a little more than poach a couple of endangered crocs. you know what they say never smile at a crocodile
you just cant trust them. the recruiting of sharni cain would rob
carngham of any player named cain that was worth their salt.
yes dave parker shows guts but thats more than what can be said
for most crocs.
can gold digger 4 life confirm trying to undermine newtown by
trying to poach their no1 batsman/bowler?
The bended elbow
is a dynamite trade ground with many deals being entered into
by numerous clubs in the last few weeks just lookout for
officer mcgriff the crime fighting dog while doing these deals in
the lavatories boys.
with all this talk of the crocs and LINTON BLUE id hate to think
that rokewood are flying under the radar will they be strong
again but fall at the penultimate hurdle? time will tell

Yes i can confirm that there has been discussions of a possible move up the highway by a highly rated newtown player. (No prises for guessing who that is.)

The player actually approached our hierarchy and is very keen, however the move may not transpire, as Linton Gold are only interested in attracting people who are good blokes first and good cricketers second. Unfortunetly he only ticks one of those boxes.

It seems that people are trying to jump on the bandwagon quicker than closet Geelong supporters, but there are only 12 spots in a team and a Linton Green side looks like the only answer at this stage. Scotty Dunne has put up his hand to coach, because as he himself put it "I love anything Green"

hello there grenville
big money so far is for linton blue to go back to back to back this year at 2.80
rokewood at 8 bucks but better money for them to choke again at 1.20.
losing cressy is bad cos they would be bout 6 so if the dont move they will be back in
linton gold is 19 dollars but will surely firm after hearin the recriuting going on.
illabarook are 11 dollars. $25 if wilko plays again
col mackenzie is at 2.50 to say he has retired but plays anyway
carngham is at 10 dollars
but money for the first carngham player to recieve the pension is landin plenty of money a pity no 1 knows there actual age of any1 in the valley.
smythes is in at 15 dollars with newtown at 26 dollars.
as response to hopper cougher on the housie betting housie actually hittin a six this year is at 1.20 with 2 in a row at 3.50 and 3 is at 6. 6 in a row $51

10 bucks on me hittin six in a row at $51. Nominated bowler is Sam "im too cool 4 school and all u ********ers who think ur better than me but im really the hottest and coolest best cricketer in the world" Goold. This is surely the hottest tip this side if the cressy ground

Hopper Cougher;181157 said:
Linton Blue and Linton Gold have both had great
numbers at training with talk of possibly a Linton
Green side being entered into the league. watch
out crocs just another linton side to break your hearts.
Rumour has it that after being spotted together at the
LPFL grand final together and talking closely with Linton
cricketers that the drinkwater brothers were spotted at Linton
training in this past week.
On a different note money has already been plunged on
housie to hit at least 1 bowler this year for 3 consecutive 6s.
someone needs to open a book on this forum so certain people
can put their money where their mouths are
sorry to crash your party mate, but i dont think i recall any linton team beating the crocs last year, with the crocs beating blue both times they met in close games, and gold i dont think even made over 80 against the crocs. crocs were a strong side but failed to overcome crssy in the finals, as they were the strongest side in the league but massive chokers in theb grand final for 2 years running.

what are the odds for swoop to quit smoking, and the odds for swoop to be diagnosed with lung or motuh cancer? because id like to place $50 on him being diagnosed with a smoking related cancer.

u must be retarded butters. 3 of the last 4 premierships! as the saying goes "look at the scoreboard"

mate im not sayin yas arent the best team in the league, coz yas are, im just sayin that we did beat you twice, and we arent half as bad as that other nobhead was tryin to make us out to be. how can ya even class gold in the same lague as the rest of us. carrumballack are better than them.

Im with you housie the home and away
season means nothin come finals time and
as usual carngham couldnt cut it. i dont
take kindly to the smear campaign against
swooper for shame!
what are the odds of you being diagnosed
a little red headed skinner who thinks he
is alot better than what he is and thinks he
is big because he can get 9 year olds out in
junior grand finals. you are out of your league
up here in the big boys!:cool: