swifty_147;310006 said:
i cant agree with you there 333
i think ivanhoe will do well
the coaches at preston have changed the bowling and batting orders around

and i think its out of bundoora op's coburg and preston

atm coburg are looking like the strongest team

i think you guys are forgetting the teams from the south,
Ormond won the whole thing last year and atm are 3-0
very good side with Walker and Stait opening the bowling.
Arvind Krishnamoorthy has been batting real well against the new ball
Josh Manning and Tim Snape at 3 & 4 today put on 110 for the 3rd wicket manning ended with 70 and snape got 60,
Cameron and Forato haven't had much of a bat yet in the tournament but both can get big scores.

I think ormond will go through from South
Oakleigh from East
Preston or Coburg from North
not sure on the west really

cheers

Re: Hatch Shield 2009

ivanhoe did play at there best today and i was very impressed with there efforts,
preston played the last 10 overs and still managed to win, domini did get a bad decision but the preston boys were on fire in the last 10 overs, and in my opinion they still would've won the game even without the run out. i don't think the preston openers should be batting there. powick and dalvean should be opening. dalvean is a good bat who didn't play today. in my opinion if powick had opened against thompson and sam "pitcher" brisbane he would've torn them apart. also, it wasn't good when daniel young went out 'lbw thrown brisbane' for 1.
preston to go 6-0 after next week.

I dunno The Ball Thompson Bowled was an absolute pearler and even the great J Powick mightve had trouble with it.

But Again who noes what wouldve happend, Domini is a class batsman so game on it wouldve been.

Coburg v Preston Should be great tho
Good luck Anyway

yeah the batsman have to start doing there jobs, the bowlers cannot do everything.
with the bowling attack that preston has, if we make any score close to 200, we won't be beaten.
they need to reshuffle the batting order aswell
i should look something more like this:
1. Young
2. Dalvean
3. Howorth
4. Powick
5. Weeks
6. Smith
7: Denier
8. Brady
9. Kelly
10. Simmonds
11. Staples
that should be the order in my opinion

ari gold;310877 said:
yeah the batsman have to start doing there jobs, the bowlers cannot do everything.
with the bowling attack that preston has, if we make any score close to 200, we won't be beaten.
they need to reshuffle the batting order aswell
i should look something more like this:
1. Young
2. Dalvean
3. Howorth
4. Powick
5. Weeks
6. Smith
7: Denier
8. Brady
9. Kelly
10. Simmonds
11. Staples
that should be the order in my opinion

i think that is very good

you forgot hunt
he would probably be 8 or 9
i dont think his technique is good enough for him to be opening

1.dalvean
2.powick
3.howorth
4.weeks
5.young
6.bear
7.brady
8.denier
9.kelly
10.staples
11.simmons
i think it should be abit like that

luke1993;310903 said:
1.dalvean
2.powick
3.howorth
4.weeks
5.young
6.bear
7.brady
8.denier
9.kelly
10.staples
11.simmons
i think it should be abit like that

Hopefully your knee heals so you can start smashing some boundaries eh luke.

I think Croydon would consider themselves a fair chance this year. I know all you people in the other divisions think your pretty good but they've hit around 200 in all three games. They also have the best opening batmen it the comp in Gottleibsen who has 31, 67 and 70 to his name in his 3 hits.

everyone is forgetting last year champions ormond, they have an unbelievable top 4, arvind Krishnamorthy has dominated making a 75 odd and 6O odd and josh manning also knocking up to very good 5O's, tim snape is batting at 4 and he has only really had one bat and made 66 so the top order is very very strong and they bat very deep aswell.

Also imo they have a great pace attack led by probably the best bowler in the tournament pat walker the other bowlers are bowling very well including sam stait. the only problem being they have no spinner they will be a very hard team to beat and will go very deep into the finals.

they smashed malvern who were undefeated when they came up against ormond 3 and zip.

I think that coydon and broadmeadows are proabably the strongest teams in it.
Along with coburg, preston, ormond and melton

Back