HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ Yallah, Hanz Lowman, Jika One Edinburgh has a number of reasons for not joining the new NECA (which won't go ahead as Banyule are tipped to follow ECC and EISCC to Eastern). These have been spelled out to the HDCA executive for the past 6 months. Anyone who was at the last meeting of HDCA clubs would be well aware that Edinburgh would not be apart of NECA, it was made very very clear.

The reasons for choosing ECA over NECA are as follows and in no particular order:
the standard of facilities/grounds is far superior in ECA
the amount and standard of umpires is signifigantly higher in ECA
the level of behaviour is signifigantly higher in ECA
ECA have a firm 'no dickheads' policy. Simply put if you mess up you are out.
ECA have 6 senior 2 day grades and many one day grades on Synthetic as well as Turf grades allowing for continued growth of ECC which wouldn't fit in NECA
In meetings between ECA and ECC it has been made very clear that ECA want to get away from the perception they are a turf competition. They are investing heavily in their synthetic grades at the current time
Yarra Council has opened discussions with Edinburgh re possibly taking over a turf ground that is currently unused
ECA have expressed a very strong desire to support Edinburgh's women's team
Edinburgh feel putting two failing competitions together does not make a good competition. NECA is simply a stop gap hoping to last until an overall NCL is formed.

I sit on Edinburgh's exec and the above reasons are why it is our firm belief that Eastern Cricket Association is a better fit for us. I'm sure plenty of you will be happy to say our reasons are all rubbish but we're pretty comfortable with our position.
I aggree to a certain degree in what you are saying that the ECA is a good move (grounds, investing in synthetic comp) I can't aggree with the rest of your points becuase i think they are contradicting. If you are part of the ECC exec im sure you would have read the documentation regarding the whole NECA proposal.
The proposal clearly stated that umpiring, clubs's ethical standards and the amount of teams per grade are paramount in the NECA's interest.

The whole idea of the merger was to merge to failing comps together, identify each respective comps weaknesses and strengths and try to create a new leauge in which these weaknesses become strengths.

I can't argue the grounds quality, and i am no having a dig at Eastern, but all your above reasons are what the NECA was set out to create and if ECC and co. where open to discussions on how to create this leauge we all wouldn't be in this situation.

so where does this leave the comp merger?? dead?? the hdca is obviously gone, the merger would be the nmca plus rosebank and heidelberg?? i keep hearing west and north heidelberg are finished, viewbank are unsure, west ivanhoe to the eca is another rumuor floating around...who else is left?
Look the points about ECC are valid and in the best interest of the club not the rest of the comp and everyone will object with the points made there. Yet i'm getting a good feel that if it was every club for itself why didn't anyone give the ultimatum that it was every club for itself. Instead everyone was given a couple of weeks and in that time the former comp representatives had come up with a proposal to merge the comps together. That proposal was received to all clubs roughly 9-10 days ago. In that time up until this weekend no one had any objections. Even in the last meeting apart from banyule and Edinburgh everyone seemed comfortable as to what options were left for the rest of the HDCA clubs and elected to stick together. Now if ECC were so firm against the NECA why wasn't there a decision made straight after the proposal had been announced to all HDCA clubs why did it take ECC and EISCC up until 72 hours of a Comp meeting to voice what they had decided. Why couldn't there be more notice to say that these 2 clubs would officially not take part in this competitions instead of being in favour of ECA but still leading the HDCA executives on. Why didn't any of these 2 clubs clearly state to them as soon as they had caught a glimpse of the brochure or before the Merger had been discussed intensely over the 2 week period.

DJ Yallah, Hanz Lowman, Jika One Edinburgh has a number of reasons for not joining the new NECA (which won't go ahead as Banyule are tipped to follow ECC and EISCC to Eastern). These have been spelled out to the HDCA executive for the past 6 months. Anyone who was at the last meeting of HDCA clubs would be well aware that Edinburgh would not be apart of NECA, it was made very very clear.

The reasons for choosing ECA over NECA are as follows and in no particular order:
ECA have 6 senior 2 day grades and many one day grades on Synthetic as well as Turf grades allowing for continued growth of ECC which wouldn't fit in NECA
In meetings between ECA and ECC it has been made very clear that ECA want to get away from the perception they are a turf competition. They are investing heavily in their synthetic grades at the current time
Yarra Council has opened discussions with Edinburgh re possibly taking over a turf ground that is currently unused
Edinburgh feel putting two failing competitions together does not make a good competition. NECA is simply a stop gap hoping to last until an overall NCL is formed.

I sit on Edinburgh's exec and the above reasons are why it is our firm belief that Eastern Cricket Association is a better fit for us. I'm sure plenty of you will be happy to say our reasons are all rubbish but we're pretty comfortable with our position.

"the level of behaviour is signifigantly higher in ECA"- Does this make Edinburgh ineligible? The manner in which Brad Shadbolt handled himself in front of Tony Tenuta in reference to Rick was nothing but disgusting

I disagree Yallah, I think ECC put as firmly as we could that we would be highly unlikely to be part of a merger with NMCA. That was also expressed to the HDCA management committee. After the proposal came out we did our due diligence and studied it, including speaking to numerous people involved in both competitions. Your assertion that our position was not known until 72 hours prior to the meeting is also a fallacy as it had been communicated to HDCA MC earlier than that.I understand that it puts some clubs in a difficult position and that is upsetting for us as we have loved playing in the HDCA, but this is a decision about what is best for our club in the long term looking 5, 10, 20 years down the track.

I disagree Yallah, I think ECC put as firmly as we could that we would be highly unlikely to be part of a merger with NMCA. That was also expressed to the HDCA management committee. After the proposal came out we did our due diligence and studied it, including speaking to numerous people involved in both competitions. Your assertion that our position was not known until 72 hours prior to the meeting is also a fallacy as it had been communicated to HDCA MC earlier than that.I understand that it puts some clubs in a difficult position and that is upsetting for us as we have loved playing in the HDCA, but this is a decision about what is best for our club in the long term looking 5, 10, 20 years down the track.
Well let me ask you this what would be the difference between ECC going to ECA 10-20 yrs down the track compared to merging up and joining NECA proposal in terms of on field performances numbers at the club. What was the major concern for ECC when they heard about the MERGER.

Well let me ask you this what would be the difference between ECC going to ECA 10-20 yrs down the track compared to merging up and joining NECA proposal in terms of on field performances numbers at the club. What was the major concern for ECC when they heard about the MERGER.

Yallah straight from my earlier post (I've put in bold the ones re growth) :

I would also add that the reduction of teams in both HDCA and NMCA doesn't give us great hope that NECA would exist in 10-20 years.

Yallah straight from my earlier post (I've put in bold the ones re growth) :

I would also add that the reduction of teams in both HDCA and NMCA doesn't give us great hope that NECA would exist in 10-20 years.
Well if you think that's the direction for your club to be a turf club in the future well then good luck to that operation. In terms of reduction in HDCa and NMCA teams as HANZ LOWMAN pointed out that this competition was meant to be the rejuvination of 2 broken comps coming together to form a comp that suited everyone's likings and could rebuild Cricket in the North Eastern Metropolitan Melbourne Area. Unfortunantely that has come to a halt at this stage.

Let me put it in simple terms, HDCA are a bunch of self centered, clueless losers!!
We will pick and choose who we want! Stick your mearger up your Ar........e!!
What a pack of dimwits. what did fatso say re Tenuta?? he might end up with a real problem!

"the level of behaviour is signifigantly higher in ECA"- Does this make Edinburgh ineligible? The manner in which Brad Shadbolt handled himself in front of Tony Tenuta in reference to Rick was nothing but disgusting
I heard that Fatbolt was far from gracious with his comments. Im very surprised that that situation didnt escalate, maybe common sense prevailed on that occasion. Just on a side note, Why does Fatbolt shoot his mouth off unecessarily. He has a history of this. Surprised he hasnt been sorted out with this type of behaviour. Anyway he is a Weak as Piss cricketer!!!!

Tony Tenuta is one of the better blokes going round in the HDCA, but also plays cricket as hard as anyone. I was of the understanding that Brad said something to him when he faced up, and that Tony then had a few words to say when Brad went out to bat later in the day. Both teams had a beer together after the game and it was never mentioned as far as I know. I think you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, mate.

Heard two decent rumors that rick tenuta had a meeting with west heidelberg about merging and possibly recruiting juniors from the west berg area..and calling the juniors roseberg radiators..any truth to the rumor ?

and also heard along the grapevine that john green has taken a package to become the newest member of erinsburgh 2nd eleven?

#blenderblog

HDCA gone!!! you wonder why we left? hopeless admin! everyman for himself attitude!!
I don't know who clubs think they are, but I think Brunswick st, Heidelberg and Banyule
should have a real hard look at themselves for leaving in the cloke and dagger way they have gone about this!
And as for East Ivanhoe saints, we now know why you have no idea! dulip must of been killing himself the way he raped you! muppets. Brunswick street, keep looking for a weak comp so you can try and win a final! what a bunch of pea hearts!!
Maybe you should have another meeting to decide if the decision was correct??HHHaaaa!! Joke! DVCA, the stenghth!

Tony Tenuta is one of the better blokes going round in the HDCA, but also plays cricket as hard as anyone. I was of the understanding that Brad said something to him when he faced up, and that Tony then had a few words to say when Brad went out to bat later in the day. Both teams had a beer together after the game and it was never mentioned as far as I know. I think you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, mate.
You "understanding" is clouded my friend i'm all for a bit of sledging and banter but Fatbolt crossed the line that day

HDCA gone!!! you wonder why we left? hopeless admin! everyman for himself attitude!!
I don't know who clubs think they are, but I think Brunswick st, Heidelberg and Banyule
should have a real hard look at themselves for leaving in the cloke and dagger way they have gone about this!
And as for East Ivanhoe saints, we now know why you have no idea! dulip must of been killing himself the way he raped you! muppets. Brunswick street, keep looking for a weak comp so you can try and win a final! what a bunch of pea hearts!!
Maybe you should have another meeting to decide if the decision was correct??HHHaaaa!! Joke! DVCA, the stenghth!

Rosanna was the original club that wanted to form a premier "A grade" competition, once the proposal was put forward they were the first of 3 teams to jump ship and leave the proposed merger/new comp.Prior to last season they insisted that they would not be a part of any form of HDCA cricket unless a merger/formation of a new league was established and then once the work was underway they jumped ship, which subsequently opened the door for Edinburgh and Banyule to follow suit. How can you blame any other club or the admin for having an "everybody for themselves attitude" when Rosanna got exactly what it wanted and then decided to join DV.

exec did nothing until we warned them! they dragged their heels, get it straight! if the new proposal
was put on the table a year ago we would of stayed! when the exeec's arse was on fire they put it together in a week!!!
get your facts straight!

exec did nothing until we warned them! they dragged their heels, get it straight! if the new proposal
was put on the table a year ago we would of stayed! when the exeec's arse was on fire they put it together in a week!!!
get your facts straight!
A new proposal was put forward you ************** moron which was denied by the DV, when that was denied clubs from JIKA, DV and HDCA then had to go back to the drawing board and by this stage the season was already underway and before a meeting of the all the clubs within the HDCA was meant to happen Rosanna stated their intentions of going to the DV. Rosanna jumped ship before a fixed proposal came forward

Look at the end of the day Rosanna were fixed on what they wanted to do. That meeting a month ago was to see wheather the HDCA then had come up with a proposal which could entice them to rethink or give consideration to the proposal that could have been made. Unfortunately there was nothing in print that said a MERGER had been developed as soon as that transpired, Rosanna were not mucking around and had stated their intentions clear. I'm sure if on that night if something had been passed around which was going to be a concrete devolopment as to what's to come there would have been more thought put into Rosanna's think process towards the situation. what else didn't help was that the commotion from the night that rosanna would have witnessed didn't help the cause either as clubs were wondering whether it was every club for its self or everyone was sticking together.

Look at the end of the day Rosanna were fixed on what they wanted to do. That meeting a month ago was to see wheather the HDCA then had come up with a proposal which could entice them to rethink or give consideration to the proposal that could have been made. Unfortunately there was nothing in print that said a MERGER had been developed as soon as that transpired, Rosanna were not mucking around and had stated their intentions clear. I'm sure if on that night if something had been passed around which was going to be a concrete devolopment as to what's to come there would have been more thought put into Rosanna's think process towards the situation. what else didn't help was that the commotion from the night that rosanna would have witnessed didn't help the cause either as clubs were wondering whether it was every club for its self or everyone was sticking together.

Rosanna made their intentions clear before the meeting that they will be seeking a DV application. The meeting was never to set up the comp or to see if a proposal has been made it was to establish each clubs intentions and to see how each club thought about creating a new leauge with JIKA. As soon as clubs caught wind of Rosanna leaving they all went back to each other because the formation of a new league without a strong club in Rosanna threw a lot of clubs.

How could a merger/new comp be established and printed on paper without any body knowing any clubs intentions? Stupid statement

What is frustrating is Rosanna jumped before any primary discussions could be made which and what is even more frustrating is even when the NECA proposal was put to paper and published to clubs Edinburgh and Banyule decide to pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back