HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosanna made their intentions clear before the meeting that they will be seeking a DV application. The meeting was never to set up the comp or to see if a proposal has been made it was to establish each clubs intentions and to see how each club thought about creating a new leauge with JIKA. As soon as clubs caught wind of Rosanna leaving they all went back to each other because the formation of a new league without a strong club in Rosanna threw a lot of clubs.

How could a merger/new comp be established and printed on paper without any body knowing any clubs intentions? Stupid statement

What is frustrating is Rosanna jumped before any primary discussions could be made which and what is even more frustrating is even when the NECA proposal was put to paper and published to clubs Edinburgh and Banyule decide to pull out.
With the stupid statement if the Comp had brought some sort of Hand Out to that meeting with what could eventuate if a MERGER had been formed and all HDCA Clubs could have complied it might have caught the eye of the big clubs that HDCA and NMCA had been in discussion and that both Parties would fully commit to a merger if it was to happen. In that case it could have made the clubs who were unsure about the decision have a better understanding of what the merger would have been all about. Finally Clubs could have gone away including Rosanna to contemplate whether this Competition was worthwhile pursuing. Doesn't mean if Rosanna had put in an Application to the DV that they could have reconsidered the decision of which path to pursue. It was a matter of just getting the certain details towards them which they might have anticiapted could have been forthcoming to them at that meeting.

With the stupid statement if the Comp had brought some sort of Hand Out to that meeting with what could eventuate if a MERGER had been formed and all HDCA Clubs could have complied it might have caught the eye of the big clubs that HDCA and NMCA had been in discussion and that both Parties would fully commit to a merger if it was to happen. In that case it could have made the clubs who were unsure about the decision have a better understanding of what the merger would have been all about. Finally Clubs could have gone away including Rosanna to contemplate whether this Competition was worthwhile pursuing. Doesn't mean if Rosanna had put in an Application to the DV that they could have reconsidered the decision of which path to pursue. It was a matter of just getting the certain details towards them which they might have anticiapted could have been forthcoming to them at that meeting.
I aggree with you that if something had been put forward in regards to merger then Rosanna may have changed their mind but from what i gathered by them not saying a word at the meeting they had made their decision.

With you been a delegate of the HDCA it is disappointing that you know are sitting back and pointing your finger and saying what would/should/could have been done.
End of the day, what has happened has happened and an exciting prospect to form a new comp. has been cut down before it was even given a chance and each club now has to move onto different competitions and decades of rivalries and tradition has sadly come to an end.

East Ivanhoe and Edinburgh will be the clubs laughing at the end of this mess. They will become the strongest clubs in the reigion and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players from other HDCA clubs knock on their doors to join them in the ECA. It is sad to see the HDCA fold but I'm sure we will all survive, anyone heard of any player movements?

Truth hurts Blender? If you want to join us in DVCA, apply!!! As for East craphoe and Brunswick street boy's
you must be joking! I think there will be a lot of retierments from this, what a pity!!

I aggree with you that if something had been put forward in regards to merger then Rosanna may have changed their mind but from what i gathered by them not saying a word at the meeting they had made their decision.

With you been a delegate of the HDCA it is disappointing that you know are sitting back and pointing your finger and saying what would/should/could have been done.
End of the day, what has happened has happened and an exciting prospect to form a new comp. has been cut down before it was even given a chance and each club now has to move onto different competitions and decades of rivalries and tradition has sadly come to an end.
I can explain the not saying a word policy for that meeting from Rosanna. They didn't want to mention anything about what the HDCA was about in the future as they were waiting to hear it from the Execs as i can only speak as a delegate not the men in charge. Unfortunately the period at which the meeting was setup was not of the best time frame as a lot of organising was being done for finals with getting grounds ready.

I can explain the not saying a word policy for that meeting from Rosanna. They didn't want to mention anything about what the HDCA was about in the future as they were waiting to hear it from the Execs as i can only speak as a delegate not the men in charge. Unfortunately the period at which the meeting was setup was not of the best time frame as a lot of organising was being done for finals with getting grounds ready.
prior to the meeting include the setup of presentation night to that to

what are rbank, hberg & banyule doing next year. eca nmca or dvca?

banyule are looking at playing indoor cricket whilst heidelberg and rosebank are in talks about becoming heidelberg-rosebank-north brunswick and becoming the best beach cricket club the world has ever seen.

banyule are looking at playing indoor cricket whilst heidelberg and rosebank are in talks about becoming heidelberg-rosebank-north brunswick and becoming the best beach cricket club the world has ever seen.
I can't see this happening chins. Heidelberg-Rosebank-North brunswick is pretty unlikely, but who knows?

Welcome to another edition of who chubs Mcwayman has been snagging this week. We had a week off but we're back for another edition. This time the chubs had to give a helping hand to someone who needed help watering the garden. Take a look

Biscontin and White are mates and have decided to have a crack at disrict and Murray knew some people at RCC, my source shall remain unamed. In regards to Wilson i heard heard he wanted to challenge himself and give the best level a crack
These guys should all join the league called the MHCA. Its stands for Melbourne Hacks Cricket Association. there looking for some players these 3 plus that Matt Walsh would fit in pretty well down there. they can play for the Melbourne University of Hacks. They'd be right at home.

These guys should all join the league called the MHCA. Its stands for Melbourne Hacks Cricket Association. there looking for some players these 3 plus that Matt Walsh would fit in pretty well down there. they can play for the Melbourne University of Hacks. They'd be right at home.
Walshy could join the the team which already consists of Anand, Vissar and Taylor.. To name a few

Unfortunately HDCA is now dead. The plan was to create the NECA which looked very promising. It was going to be what many believed to be a strong rival to DVCA. A joint venture between HDCA & NMCA would have reinvigorated cricket in the zone with growth at all levels & most of all with Juniors.
All the stakeholders gave undertakings that they would commit to this structure, however in the last week Banyule, Edinburgh & EISCC did an about face & put and end to what was agreed to.
This is really disappointing as the above mentioned clubs were not acting in good faith & ran separate agenda's which was unknown to most.
The irony is that 2 of the 3 clubs that have decided to defect at the last minute, are conflicted with their interests.
Question: Who is the GM of HDCA. Question: who is the Treasurer of HDCA. Did these office bearers know something that the rest of the HDCA clubs were unaware of.
It is my understanding that the mentioned clubs have been negotiating with ECA & DVCA in the last few months in a clandestine fashion without disclosing their position to the relevant stakeholders.
To me this is an act of treachery and double dealing & unfortunately wont be brought to account as the comp is now dead. Shame on all that have been party to this betrayal, which have only seeked to serve the best interest of their own backyard.

Give it a spell mate, it's not the United Nations. When a comp is in disarray, clubs are going to look after number 1. Fairly ignorant to think otherwise.
I completely agree with that provided everyone at the top state their intentions up front. What is unfortunate it that people have told conflicting stories. Of course everyone looks after their clubs but I cant accept when they stand up at a meeting and say one thing & then in private they turn around and then do the complete opposite.
Hey five80, your right, its not the united nations it something more important called honesty and maintaining your word.

I completely agree with that provided everyone at the top state their intentions up front. What is unfortunate it that people have told conflicting stories. Of course everyone looks after their clubs but I cant accept when they stand up at a meeting and say one thing & then in private they turn around and then do the complete opposite.
Hey five80, your right, its not the united nations it something more important called honesty and maintaining your word.
Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back