HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

freak_show;404494 said:
any other side apart from rosanna picked up recruits in A grade

mateeee...rosanna have lost a few others too dont you worry about that, they wont be as strong as every one is saying

viewbank have picked up a opening bowler from glen waverly, a all rounder from rivergum, brad howell and a decent spinner..they will be on contenders for the 4 this year..wont still wont go close to rosebank..nor will anyone else

rosebank picked up allery from rosanna and anand

just to name a few moves,

what do we think ?

Can anyone give me an update of heidelberg who they have picked up or even if they are strong anymore?

renwickranch;405356 said:
mateeee...rosanna have lost a few others too dont you worry about that, they wont be as strong as every one is saying

viewbank have picked up a opening bowler from glen waverly, a all rounder from rivergum, brad howell and a decent spinner..they will be on contenders for the 4 this year..wont still wont go close to rosebank..nor will anyone else

what do we think ?

i think rosanna will improve, will need to a fair bit to get anywhere near rosebank though, viewbank will still struggle even with those inclusions i would imagine, rosebank still to dominate, not that anand or allery will have to much to do with that

i think heidelberg have lost quite a few (favrins? anand,? smith? noonan?) but im sure they would be replacing them, going a bit under the radar

bayule still to do well, and always will whilst o;connor,joffa and mcmurry are there

what do we think ?

Rosanna have picked up plenty, lost Ando which is unfortunate but picked up more than enough to finish top two and challenge heavily, Who's the all rounder from Rivergum? can't be from thier ones i wouldn't have thought?

what do we think ?
Didn't Allery play 2nd's & 3rd's at Rosanna???? Wouldn't think he will trouble the 1st XI at Cotchin.
As for Viewbank being contenders for the 4, that is a big call but who knows and with big Plugga at the helm i wish them all the best and hope they all get behind him.

Rumour around the traps is that a couple of grey ghosts down HCC way are making a comeback this year????

Fezz;405581 said:
Didn't Allery play 2nd's & 3rd's at Rosanna???? Wouldn't think he will trouble the 1st XI at Cotchin.
As for Viewbank being contenders for the 4, that is a big call but who knows and with big Plugga at the helm i wish them all the best and hope they all get behind him.

Rumour around the traps is that a couple of grey ghosts down HCC way are making a comeback this year????

All due respect to plugger, but he was playing 3rds cricket for macleod not so long ago, and wasn't exactly dominating

serg fernandez;405582 said:
All due respect to plugger, but he was playing 3rds cricket for macleod not so long ago, and wasn't exactly dominating

the doggies have picked up a few handy recruits in shane harvey and marty hopkins and also kane massey shall be in for a good season again the doggies

Fezz;405581 said:

From what I have seen Allery isn't great, he'll probably play 2's at Rosebank due to there lack of spinners, no other reason. Still then we all know that Rosebank love bowling defensive to 7-2 fields and the like, and Allery goes for a few, so we will just wait and see.

Viewbank aren't contenders, they are a beer drinking club who play a bit of cricket... not the other way around.

Fezz;405581 said:

Yes he did and didnt do to much, definately thinks a bit highly of himself and probably why he never completely fitted in down at rosanna, doubt he will even play much two's let alone one;s at rosebank and tbh i dont even think he is a loss for rcc as far as im concerned. Enough good up and coming juniors who want to play at rosanna coming through to focus on.

Wouldnt surprize me with that rumour fezz, it is the youth policy they have down there isnt it? :rolleyes:

Big Papa Smurf;405817 said:
Yes he did and didnt do to much, definately thinks a bit highly of himself and probably why he never completely fitted in down at rosanna, doubt he will even play much two's let alone one;s at rosebank and tbh i dont even think he is a loss for rcc as far as im concerned. Enough good up and coming juniors who want to play at rosanna coming through to focus on.

Wouldnt surprize me with that rumour fezz, it is the youth policy they have down there isnt it? :rolleyes:

no no no, rosanna arnt going to be the force everyone is saying!
rosanna are a very anti social club, i dont know how there doing all this recruiting, must be some money in the kitty down at de winton park! cuz no one would volentarily leave a club to play with big johny "i am rosanna" raywood
yeah allery isnt very good, ive only seen him batt twice and both times he had his stumps uprooted my some absolute mongaloid..wata lemon.
he will play 70% in the 2's and a short stint in the 3's to get some form.

renwickranch;406155 said:
no no no, rosanna arnt going to be the force everyone is saying!
rosanna are a very anti social club, i dont know how there doing all this recruiting, must be some money in the kitty down at de winton park! cuz no one would volentarily leave a club to play with big johny "i am rosanna" raywood
yeah allery isnt very good, ive only seen him batt twice and both times he had his stumps uprooted my some absolute mongaloid..wata lemon.
he will play 70% in the 2's and a short stint in the 3's to get some form.

Why won't they be strong, they have picked up more than enough to be a very good side!

now who's this alrounder from rivergum viewbank have picked up you were tellin us about, i don't think that's true

i've seen jimmi allrey bowl a couple of times and he is a sub par 3rd grade bowler lets just end the chapter on him and say he'll play 3s and maybe 2s during this season comin up. Big new at west i heard james mclean is gearin up for a massive season lookin at 500 runs+
what was the go with the middle order A grade bat that ando took with him, any truth?

Muppet;406165 said:
Why won't they be strong, they have picked up more than enough to be a very good side!

now who's this alrounder from rivergum viewbank have picked up you were tellin us about, i don't think that's true

Still no answer muppet. Looks like he's been caught out talking shit

interesting thought there "freak show"

How are you boys at west going to go? Any additions to date?
and James mclean 500 runs in A grade? i didnt know that the hdca has fixtured you west boys to play viewbank 12 times this season :p

Rosanna will be a good side this year boys, werent to far off the money last year and have picked up some good players, dont see how you cant be talking them up, as the only side which is known of picking up players.

One boy is set to have a big year now after a very good pre season to date, id suggest a few of you boys go and get some new headgear because benny skeggs is ready to unleash on the hdca with a big season spearheading the rcc attack! :D

also is it true that allery and anand have gone to rosebank for a stubby of carlton per wicket? :eek:

Rosebank picking up Nick Walker is a huge in for them; ex district cricketer and an excellent 'keeper. Strikes the ball as well as anyone in the competition. If Sachin plays 1's for them, he won't get many overs - Dave likes to just play 7-2, and half trackers and full tosses won't allow that to last long.

Rosanna will go close you'd think, with Huss likely to make a truckload of runs - will he have the temperament to last on the new decks though? Dunbar also a good pickup, but his past two seasons have been ruined by shoulder injuries apparently? Although, saw he was running around for the 2's at Macleod over the winter, so presume he is over any issues.

West H will struggle, as will Viewbank. Can talk it up, but how would either recruit genuine class to get them amongst Rosebank or (presumably this season) Rosanna? Keep hearing about the grey brigade making their return to Heidelberg, but even if they do they'll all disappear when they get pantsed a couple of times early in the season and they realise they won't make the finals let alone win a flag.

No idea on West Ivanhoe, but didn't dominate 2's so you'd have to think they'll be mid table at best.

Burra's stars are getting on in age, and Shaddas can't be expected to bat them into the finals again. Ted Sussex got some good runs last season, but can't see anyone besides him getting close to 400 runs, and if they want to compete, they'll probably need more than that.

Banyule are a bit like Burra, with Jeff and Bocca instead of Shaddas. They'll be thereabouts because Bocca is class, provided he plays most weeks because after Christmas last year his work basically prevented him from donning the whites at all.

It's a season between two for mine, and those two will be way ahead of the pack.

Ladder:

Rosebank
Rosanna
Banyule
Edinburgh
Heidelberg
W Heidelberg
W Ivanhoe
Viewbank

freak_show;406338 said:
i've seen jimmi allrey bowl a couple of times and he is a sub par 3rd grade bowler lets just end the chapter on him and say he'll play 3s and maybe 2s during this season comin up. Big new at west i heard james mclean is gearin up for a massive season lookin at 500 runs+
what was the go with the middle order A grade bat that ando took with him, any truth?

been told by a good source that james mclean wants to go and play his cricket down at the kennel where he loves the club and plays footy there:)

Any word from the Edinburgh camp regarding new recruits or are they hoping their current crop will step up? Anybody have any idea on their juniors and whether any are up to 1st grade this season?

kennel;407185 said:
been told by a good source that james mclean wants to go and play his cricket down at the kennel where he loves the club and plays footy there:)

coming from the same bloke that reckons jason mcgann is playing there as well? drop off champ!

I hear Heidelberg is gonna lose a few through retirement.

Gonna have to look to the developing youth. Interesting to see if any of the falcons boys will play seniors.

barbarathepelican;407590 said:
I hear Heidelberg is gonna lose a few through retirement.

Gonna have to look to the developing youth. Interesting to see if any of the falcons boys will play seniors.

A little birdie tells me that the baby falcons are being lured to that new identity at AK Lines ! Better opportunities to grow and progress up the talent tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back