HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is true North Heidelberg players were shocked and appalled by this incident (how couldn't they be?) don't make it seem like they called the game off. The HDCA called the game off in conjunction with their umpires and both teams as soon as they heard about the incident. Gawn is right I certainly can't see Edinburgh ever agreeing to play against North Heidelberg again, and as the competitions biggest club that carries some weight.

While it is true North Heidelberg players were shocked and appalled by this incident (how couldn't they be?) don't make it seem like they called the game off. The HDCA called the game off in conjunction with their umpires and both teams as soon as they heard about the incident. Gawn is right I certainly can't see Edinburgh ever agreeing to play against North Heidelberg again, and as the competitions biggest club that carries some weight.
i think u will find out that you are wrong here the umpires were more than happy to continue the nth heid lads called the game off ;)

It's grand final weekend and while the finalists in the Second Grade are certainly a surprise, the First Grade finalists were probably pencilled in for a good part of the season.
HDCA. First Grade. Grand Final. March 19th,20th,26th,27th 2011. Selection Bolded.
Rosanna vs. Banyule at Chelsworth Park, East Ivanhoe.

Rd. 01. Rosanna 6/175 cc (O'Neill 48, Barnes 3/27) def Banyule 75 (McMurray 37, Macauley 3/12).
Rd. 08. Banyule 76 (Hartnett 17, Shelton 4/12) and 4/56 (O'Connor 26no, Skeggs 1/6) def Rosanna 41 (Donegan 8, McMurray 5/20).

HDCA. Second Grade. Grand Final. March 19th, 20th & 26th 2011. Selection Bolded.
North Brunswick Rosebank vs. Edinburgh at Beverley Rd. Oval, Banyule.

Rd. 04. North Brunswick Rosebank 132 (Paleodimos 23, Acker 23, Viola 4/25) def Edinburgh 124 (Keating 37no, De Cata 5/16).
Rd. 10. Edinburgh 9/168 (Garoni 90, Paleodimos 3/26) def North Brunswick Rosebank 165 (Acker 54, Lorkin 6/79).

Good luck to all players.

i think u will find out that you are wrong here the umpires were more than happy to continue the nth heid lads called the game off ;)

I think you'll find that ECC captain spoke to umpires said we're not going back on ground also spoke to HDCA Secretary and said same thing, both umpires and Secretary agreed with ECC skipper. There was no way that game was continuing just like there is no way Nth Heidelberg will be continuing

I think you'll find that ECC captain spoke to umpires said we're not going back on ground also spoke to HDCA Secretary and said same thing, both umpires and Secretary agreed with ECC skipper. There was no way that game was continuing just like there is no way Nth Heidelberg will be continuing
well done to the edinburgh lads on pulling the flag off well deserved

g'day all just wondering if any body can tell me who won the batting bowling and comp medal fron divvy 1 and 2 cheers;)

g'day all just wondering if any body can tell me who won the batting bowling and comp medal fron divvy 1 and 2 cheers;)

Plumpton won the batting in A Grade, Occa won the bowling and Steve Favrin won the Brady Trophy.

In divvy 2, can't quite remember but NHCC won them all. I think Shane Harvey won the batting, John Green got the bowling and I'm pretty sure Green got the Don RIchmond Trophy as well

Probably time the Exec unlocked all the averages.

Plumpton won the batting in A Grade, Occa won the bowling and Steve Favrin won the Brady Trophy.

In divvy 2, can't quite remember but NHCC won them all. I think Shane Harvey won the batting, John Green got the bowling and I'm pretty sure Green got the Don RIchmond Trophy as well

Probably time the Exec unlocked all the averages.
just also wondering if there is any news who is going up to A GRADE next season and who is coming down as edinburgh already are in A GRADE

Macleod%20CC%20logo.jpg

Macleod Cricket Club Inc.
Affiliated with the D.V.C.A.
Invite applications for the position of
Club Senior Coach (Playing/Non Playing)

Currently playing in the Barclay Sheild Competition (A grade),
It is now time to move up the ladder and your appointment
is the first step in doing so.
Suitable candidates must have a minimum Level 1 coaching
accreditation and be prepared to invest in the youth of the
area coming through the ranks.
These opportunities do not come up often and the club is
looking long term with this appointment.
Remuneration is open.
Please forward resumes/applications including the last
10 years of playing/coaching history to Macleod Cricket Club's
Secretary Jacques Chaperon at macleod@club.cricketvictoria.com.au
or phone 0412-507-609.

has it been confirmed that North will not be going up (if they haven't been banned that is)
don't think that they could mix it with the top clubs in A grade anyway

nth heid would beat at least half of the sides and would make a big play to finish top 4

Run me through your logic kennel?

In a SEMI final, North got beaten by a team who's 1's didn't even make the finals? The stars for Edinburgh in that semi final were no players who had played multiple 1's games during that season.

Green, Harvey and Scannel are definitely 1's players at all clubs, but the rest are somewhere between 2's and 3's. I'd imagine that if you weren't bullying teams every week like you have for two years, then players would drop off rapidly and the club would be embarrassed.

In summary, North are no better than West Ivanhoe, and that went well this past season didn't it?

Run me through your logic kennel?

In a SEMI final, North got beaten by a team who's 1's didn't even make the finals? The stars for Edinburgh in that semi final were no players who had played multiple 1's games during that season.

Green, Harvey and Scannel are definitely 1's players at all clubs, but the rest are somewhere between 2's and 3's. I'd imagine that if you weren't bullying teams every week like you have for two years, then players would drop off rapidly and the club would be embarrassed.

In summary, North are no better than West Ivanhoe, and that went well this past season didn't it?
spot on

nth heid would beat at least half of the sides and would make a big play to finish top 4
they were never good enough in the past (YCW, Banksia) & had some decent players back then but could never win the big dance. I couldn't see nothing changing now especially with no depth at the club....just a bunch of flat track bullies!

saints.JPG
St Albans Breakwater cc (Geelong Cricket Association) is seeking a playing senior batting coach & 1st XI captain for the 2011/12 season.
Applicants must have level 1 accreditation or be willing to undergo training.
The successful applicant will have last season’s premiership winning captain/coach Justin Miller to remain as bowling coach and player.
Remuneration will be negotiable.
Please forward interest and/or resume to jayaa2012@hotmail.com or contact John Irvine 0433634099

GOLD jerry, Gold!!!!
From DVCA website, what a joke!!!

Was an absolute farce. The DVCA currently does not have a President.
How can a room full of 'determined' minds decide to oust a President and then not have the balls to run for the position. Where was the big men who declared that the comp would be better off without these blokes if they were not prepared to stand up and put their names on the line??
The 'power' clubs are only interested in making themselves stronger, not the betterment of the competition as a whole.

These blokes are kidding themsleves!!!!

has it been confirmed that North will not be going up (if they haven't been banned that is)
don't think that they could mix it with the top clubs in A grade anyway

Is it true that that the the reported player from North Heidelberg that king hit the kid from Edinburgh only got 5 matches???
If this is true, what a farce..... Should rename the HDCA, the Pentridge comp!!!!!

Is it true that that the the reported player from North Heidelberg that king hit the kid from Edinburgh only got 5 matches???
If this is true, what a farce..... Should rename the HDCA, the Pentridge comp!!!!!

The thing that confounds me is that assault is assault whether it is on a sports field, a footpath, in the home or anywhere else, yet it seems to some how be considered differently when it occurs on the sports field. I can't remember hearing of any legal action in the past in such circumstances. Maybe I am somewhat naive or ignorant of all the potential factors involved.

What are the thoughts of others from that perspective? Would like to hear other's perspectives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back