HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

tracey bartram;333098 said:
rebuilding year?? isnt it funny how wen sides start to struggle towards the end of a year n cant make finals they use that old chesnut "oh we are rebuilding this year".....if you were genuinley rebuilding you wouldnt have gone out n paid 15k on pavey n another 5k on some random bloke playin 3s who is supposedly your assistant coach. im good mates with a bloke at the slime and he was very open about the fact of numerous players geting payed inc kelsey, butters, paves etc etc.......so dont menstruate on me and tell me its sauce

you saying that is worth the yellow card tracey.

HUMMTB;333500 said:
No worries champ you obviously know more than me or believe everything you hear, pavey was paid to coach the club and develop the kids, have a look at the age of the blokes who played most of the year in the ones if you can see past the end of you nose

yeh sweet call mate well done thats funny i like that.....and if your goin on kids then i think u should mayb have a better look and see the teams that west, banyule and heidelberg fielded during the year and you will find the kids that played fair chunks of the year outweighed the amount greensborough did. that is until the christmas break where greensborough were sitting outside the 4 after being premiership favourites at the beggining of the year

tracey bartram;333715 said:
yeh sweet call mate well done thats funny i like that.....and if your goin on kids then i think u should mayb have a better look and see the teams that west, banyule and heidelberg fielded during the year and you will find the kids that played fair chunks of the year outweighed the amount greensborough did. that is until the christmas break where greensborough were sitting outside the 4 after being premiership favourites at the beggining of the year

Your 110% right there trace. Im pretty sure before christmas greensborough had your parnells, ya harveys, ect playing, and in there last couple of games of the year even pulled darren pybus out of the retirement village, at the tender age of 40 something to make his a grade debut. Must have a case of the benjamin buttons down at the slime.

Crumba#3;333799 said:
Your 110% right there trace. Im pretty sure before christmas greensborough had your parnells, ya harveys, ect playing, and in there last couple of games of the year even pulled darren pybus out of the retirement village, at the tender age of 40 something to make his a grade debut. Must have a case of the benjamin buttons down at the slime.
You boys are good, get to bed you have a final tomorrow!!!

HUMMTB;333500 said:
No worries champ you obviously know more than me or believe everything you hear, pavey was paid to coach the club and develop the kids, have a look at the age of the blokes who played most of the year in the ones if you can see past the end of you nose
i wonder how ure juniors will go .... wait there all gonna live so they can play u/17s with the hdca

Hey All Fellow HDCA Cricketers

I have never bothered to create a profile to comment previously, but some of the bulls**t you guys have been talking of late shows the mentality of some.

So I want to discuss an importantly issues and want your thoughts, educated thoughts and discussion.

I have been a respected player of HDCA for a number of years.

I wanted to discuss the future of HDCA and the current Executive.

1, The current HDCA Executive - I was luck or unlucky enought to attend the HDCA crisis meeting the other week called by Rosanna CC.
GCC come prepared, but certain members of the executive represented HDCA poorly. GCC had notes prepared and written information from some of there members. The chairman disgraced himself by trying to turn the affair into a s**t fight, he was not prepared or organised. I have had full respect for this man previous but lost me the other night. I would have thought instead of trying to discredit GCC it would have been far better to ask what vision GCC saw and what could be done to maybe see them stay. Another member asked stupid questions with no evidence and discredited his own self. A highly creditable fellow who lowered his own colours. Another ridiculous solution provided by many executive was for GCC to remove side and loss members, but that is a stupid solution what club is going to agree to that.
The HDCA executive did not represent the clubs well that night. The executive to now had done a good job trying to better the competition, and I had enormous respect for the blokes who have tried over the last couple of years to changed the HDCA. But in that meeting they showed there bias to there own clubs and not the overall progress of the comp. Now I hear the executive is going to the VMCU to stop GCC from going, that is so hypocritical and ridiculous, it is like saying we need you don't want you to go but we hate you. Just be happy for them and let them go on good terms, they are doing it for responsible reasons and there members, looking out for there own clubs. Every other club would do the same things. Another ridiculous thing I heard this week, GCC not invited to presentation night, serious what is worng with these people. Other strong comps in this area have full time administrators to ensure clubs do and receive the right information and that the comp runs smoothly and without the preception of bias.
This has been a great comp, that has produced great cricket and some great players, and that will continue with or without GCC or any other club, if the comp focuses and the important issues and remains focused for the sides that want to be apart of this great comp.

This brings me to 2. HDCA Comp.
We only have 8 sides A grade division. GCC now gone. Heidelberg, Rossana, banyule and Edinburgh are the only clubs in the comp fielding 4 side in each division. These clubs also have good junior development programs going. The other clubs have 3 or 2 sides with no junior programs, the comp needs to address this and assist club form furture plans to help retain them or reform them with other small clubs to form stronger clubs. They need to develop a plan for the future of HDCA.
My opinion is sadly there HDCA will die, the comp is to small and will find it hard to attract clubs to make it successful.

For the rumours going around NWCA is lossing there biggest club to another turf competition, so the time is right, not to be stubborn, but open minded in forming a strong comp to compete with DVCA. Form strong administrative practises, and develop a power house comp to be successful in the future.
This has to be done, before more comps investigate moving to other comps.
Lets be honest sides from both comps now are going to be looking out for the clubs future. Another strong rumour Rosanna rang DVCA during the week, unofficial enquire about what would be need to be considered for the DVCA in the future. They were told that Dec 31 is the cutoff for applications to play the next season. They were also told that C grade is were you would go, but consideration would be given to Money shield like Macleod and GCC if you comply with a list of 4 or 5 conditions.
Clubs will be considering there futures and the comps need to act quickly and responsibly, to compiling a porposal to better the comp and all its clubs and there members.

Otherwise players will look for another home or club that offers a stable comp and quality cricket and competition.

Both DVCA and NWCA have been dominated by 3 or 4 sides and that will continue to happen.

No offence to the smaller clubs like Heid West, terrific effort from them this season, I am a fan, of there club, they have worked hard with there young list the last couple of years and they got the reward last year. but they still have the problems every other club has and that is attracting player to there club. Heid West is only one example, but there futures will be tough as they only have 3 sides and no real junior programs.

We as players of clubs need our clubs to speak up to make sure the current executive is pulling it weight to ensure our best interests are taken care of.

Like said before the executive have worked hard past couple of years, but this year they have dropped the ball, they contributed to the loss of GCC. This year there has not been a presidents meeting and or a clubs committee meeting. How can the clubs speak up if things like this are overlooked.

Interested in thoughts?

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

I have never bothered to create a profile to comment previously, but some of the bulls**t you guys have been talking of late shows the mentality of some.

So I want to discuss an importantly issues and want your thoughts, educated thoughts and discussion.

1, The current HDCA Executive - I was luck or unlucky enought to attend the HDCA crisis meeting the other week called by Rosanna CC.
GCC come prepared, but certain members of the executive represented HDCA poorly. GCC had notes prepared and written information from some of there members. The chairman disgraced himself by trying to turn the affair into a s**t fight, he was not prepared or organised. I have had full respect for this man previous but lost me the other night. I would have thought instead of trying to discredit GCC it would have been far better to ask what vision GCC saw and what could be done to maybe see them stay. Another member asked stupid questions with no evidence and discredited his own self. A highly creditable fellow who lowered his own colours. Another ridiculous solution provided by many executive was for GCC to remove side and loss members, but that is a stupid solution what club is going to agree to that.
The HDCA executive did not represent the clubs well that night. The executive to now had done a good job trying to better the competition, and I had enormous respect for the blokes who have tried over the last couple of years to changed the HDCA. But in that meeting they showed there bias to there own clubs and not the overall progress of the comp. Now I hear the executive is going to the VMCU to stop GCC from going, that is so hypocritical and ridiculous, it is like saying we need you don't want you to go but we hate you. Just be happy for them and let them go on good terms, they are doing it for responsible reasons and there members, looking out for there own clubs. Every other club would do the same things. Another ridiculous thing I heard this week, GCC not invited to presentation night, serious what is worng with these people. Other strong comps in this area have full time administrators to ensure clubs do and receive the right information and that the comp runs smoothly and without the preception of bias.
This has been a great comp, that has produced great cricket and some great players, and that will continue with or without GCC or any other club, if the comp focuses and the important issues and remains focused for the sides that want to be apart of this great comp.

We only have 8 sides A grade division. GCC now gone. Heidelberg, Rossana, banyule and Edinburgh are the only clubs in the comp fielding 4 side in each division. These clubs also have good junior development programs going. The other clubs have 3 or 2 sides with no junior programs, the comp needs to address this and assist club form furture plans to help retain them or reform them with other small clubs to form stronger clubs. They need to develop a plan for the future of HDCA.
My opinion is sadly there HDCA will die, the comp is to small and will find it hard to attract clubs to make it successful.

For the rumours going around NWCA is lossing there biggest club to another turf competition, so the time is right, not to be stubborn, but open minded in forming a strong comp to compete with DVCA. Form strong administrative practises, and develop a power house comp to be successful in the future.
Lets be honest sides from both comps now are going to be looking out for the clubs future. Another strong rumour Rosanna rang DVCA during the week, unofficial enquire about what would be need to be considered for the DVCA in the future. They were told that Dec 31 is the cutoff for applications to play the next season. They were also told that C grade is were you would go, but consideration would be given to Money shield like Macleod and GCC if you comply with a list of 4 or 5 conditions.
Clubs will be considering there futures and the comps need to act quickly and responsibly, to compiling a porposal to better the comp and all its clubs and there members.

Otherwise players will look for another home or club that offers a stable comp and quality cricket and competition.

Both DVCA and NWCA have been dominated by 3 or 4 sides and that will continue to happen.

No offence to the smaller clubs like Heid West, terrific effort from them this season, I am a fan, of there club, they have worked hard with there young list the last couple of years and they got the reward last year. but they still have the problems every other club has and that is attracting player to there club. Heid West is only one example, but there futures will be tough as they only have 3 sides and no real junior programs.

We as players of clubs need our clubs to speak up to make sure the current executive is pulling it weight to ensure our best interests are taken care of.

Like said before the executive have worked hard past couple of years, but this year they have dropped the ball, they contributed to the loss of GCC. This year there has not been a presidents meeting and or a clubs committee meeting. How can the clubs speak up if things like this are overlooked.

Interested in thoughts?

thats the longest post i have ever seen

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?

HDCA has been a strong comp for many years, but with GCC leaving and lack of numbers in the lower grades a merge surely could be on the table. No body would want more clubs leaving to other comps in future years and if that happens inevitably the comp will fold. HDCA should start making plans to ensure the stability of the comp and make sure everything doesnt go into jeopardy if one club leaves in future years

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?

i see where you are coming from champ..
but i really do think in the near future we will get some clubs from jika and there are rumours that even monty might make the jump across
my opinion is
the HDCA is here to say

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?
Hdca aren't in jeopardy just because greensborough think about how many players will leave them and have u looked at some of the kookaburras i know west have got about 16 kookaburras and look at all the kids that'll play for west because of the milo competition on staurday mornings when i get to our ground there's about 35 milo kids playin so think about the amount that'll play their junior cricket with stop panicking and watch the juniors from the bottom come up and in 5 years time u won't be complaining when u see west have an u/15 side and a u/17 side for the first time

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?
Interesting post........feel free to PM me with your details and maybe then it may hold some credibility!
To get on this forum and discourage work done by mainly volunteers instead of putting up your hand and doing something to help yourself is pitiful!
As far as "a respected HDCA player for a number of years".......well we will wait and see!!!

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?

Dr HDCA - welcome to the forum.

Thanks for putting time and effort and providing your thoughts into the running of our competition - supposedly after the horse has bolted - for that reason I can only assume that you are from Greensborough.

I wasn't at the meeting but people from my club were - and no I am not from Banyule or Heidelberg.

I've highlighted a few points in your post that I'll address.

You claim that the MC was responsible for GCC leaving the competition and that they are biaised towards their own clubs - which I presume you mean Banyule and Heidelberg. I find this absurd. I'll admit I haven't always agreed with everything the current MC has done however I would never accuse them of being bias. As for your point about the MC contributing towards GCC leaving and not asking what could be done to make them stay - surely you jest! Are you seriously saying that anything the MC said at the meeting was going to change the mind of the GCC - i think not. By the way, is it true that the president of the GCC acknowledged that GCC were probably guilty of not contributing enough to the running of the competition and providing input wheer necessary? As you were present at the meeting I assume that you are in a position to confirm this.

You claim that the GCC has not been invited to the presentation night - obviously this is GCC propaganda. I've been told that GCC in fact had the HDCA presentation night until they informed the MC that they were leaving. The MC made informal contact with the remaining clubs to canvas their attitude in relation to attendance at greensborough. The overwhelming response was that the remaining clubs would boycott the night - why give money to an already flush club that is leaving the comp. I hear the same rationale was considered when the decision was made not to award the A grade GF to war memorial. In my opinion very sound judgement by the MC.

You make reference to the DVCA on a number of occasions. I've been involved in this competition for over 25 years and never have we marketed ourselves as competing with the DVCA (apart from comp games!) - for a long time we have been comfortable with our position in the area as a smaller 'boutique' competition. I have heard that GCC is moving for more competition yet in your post you say that the DVCA has been dominated by 3 or 4 sides for a long time(IMO this used to be the case but is no longer) - dosen't this refute what Greensborough are saying.

You mention that Rosanna CC has approached the DVCA - I would love to know where you get your info from - a nice bit of poetic licence there and I'll leave it at that!

The last point you say is that there have been no President's meeting this season and that basiccally clubs have been left out of the loop. Firstly, didn't the Presidents' meet early in the season and who is this Philip Barnes character that keeps sending us all these e-mails? In todays electronic society we are kept in tough at the touch of a keyboard.

Finally, you will deny that you are from the GCC - just like I keep denying that I'm from Rosanna. Time for everyone to move on. Good luck to GCC in the future. Congratulations and good luck to all those in the GF's and thanks to those that who put their hand up to run our competition - for very little reward or recognition - except to be condemned by some who are looking for excuses for their own club's poor performances!

freak_show;335038 said:
i wonder how ure juniors will go .... wait there all gonna live so they can play u/17s with the hdca
Maybe they will play with your juniors. Oh hang on a minute the blowies dont have any.

Doctor_HDCA;335056 said:

Interested in thoughts?

Do you mean NMCA (North Metro CA) formerly JIKA CA or NWCA (North West CA)?????

for mine i say terrific work to the Borough well played out manouver and its just a shame it didnt happen 20 years earlier it would have saved us all from playing against some real ordinary folk!!!

BBBBBeeerrrnie and the jets!

Blue Blood;335358 said:
Dr HDCA - welcome to the forum.

Thanks for putting time and effort and providing your thoughts into the running of our competition - supposedly after the horse has bolted - for that reason I can only assume that you are from Greensborough.

I wasn't at the meeting but people from my club were - and no I am not from Banyule or Heidelberg.

I've highlighted a few points in your post that I'll address.

You claim that the MC was responsible for GCC leaving the competition and that they are biaised towards their own clubs - which I presume you mean Banyule and Heidelberg. I find this absurd. I'll admit I haven't always agreed with everything the current MC has done however I would never accuse them of being bias. As for your point about the MC contributing towards GCC leaving and not asking what could be done to make them stay - surely you jest! Are you seriously saying that anything the MC said at the meeting was going to change the mind of the GCC - i think not. By the way, is it true that the president of the GCC acknowledged that GCC were probably guilty of not contributing enough to the running of the competition and providing input wheer necessary? As you were present at the meeting I assume that you are in a position to confirm this.

You claim that the GCC has not been invited to the presentation night - obviously this is GCC propaganda. I've been told that GCC in fact had the HDCA presentation night until they informed the MC that they were leaving. The MC made informal contact with the remaining clubs to canvas their attitude in relation to attendance at greensborough. The overwhelming response was that the remaining clubs would boycott the night - why give money to an already flush club that is leaving the comp. I hear the same rationale was considered when the decision was made not to award the A grade GF to war memorial. In my opinion very sound judgement by the MC.

You make reference to the DVCA on a number of occasions. I've been involved in this competition for over 25 years and never have we marketed ourselves as competing with the DVCA (apart from comp games!) - for a long time we have been comfortable with our position in the area as a smaller 'boutique' competition. I have heard that GCC is moving for more competition yet in your post you say that the DVCA has been dominated by 3 or 4 sides for a long time(IMO this used to be the case but is no longer) - dosen't this refute what Greensborough are saying.

You mention that Rosanna CC has approached the DVCA - I would love to know where you get your info from - a nice bit of poetic licence there and I'll leave it at that!

The last point you say is that there have been no President's meeting this season and that basiccally clubs have been left out of the loop. Firstly, didn't the Presidents' meet early in the season and who is this Philip Barnes character that keeps sending us all these e-mails? In todays electronic society we are kept in tough at the touch of a keyboard.

Finally, you will deny that you are from the GCC - just like I keep denying that I'm from Rosanna. Time for everyone to move on. Good luck to GCC in the future. Congratulations and good luck to all those in the GF's and thanks to those that who put their hand up to run our competition - for very little reward or recognition - except to be condemned by some who are looking for excuses for their own club's poor performances!

Fezz - you are a Heidelberg man through and through and your skin rolls up because they are all your mates. As I said in my post they put there hand and they have done a great job in the past couple of years. My point was that this year the executive have ignored some important things, president meeting and delegate meeting, a meeting where clubs get to view there views and opinions on the competition. At the crisis meeting a couple of peoples behaviour was poor in front of it clubs and members, this does not represent the competition well, you are a clubman. You are at a club that performs well because it is run by good people. This is not a personal attack. But how can a competition be run well and look after the interests of it clubs if the people running the show are involved in similar position at there own clubs, we both know it is a hard enough job looking after one club let alone two. I am not saying there bias, but there is no doubt they always have there club at heart. Other comps in our area are run better because the have full time administrators maintain the best interests of the comp. If a full time administrator was involved with no ties these preceptions can never occur. Good luck to you on the weekend captain Heidelberg.

Blue Blood, believe what you like, but this is about the competition, not dishes clubs and people like alot of these posts. DVCA has always been look at by most people as the premier North west competition, because they have systems and processes that are organised and an independant administrator Frank mash has had alot to do with that. HDCA can survive but I am suggesting that the more sides the merry makes it a more exciting competition. I don't care where you are from, I have loved playing cricket in HDCA and may continue too but there is less competition now that GCC have left, and that is certainly going to effect the competition. It is going to hurt the clubs, with GCC leaving and lets assume they cannot attract a another competitive side to the comp, then one side needs to go into A Grade, West Ivanhoe and/or Old Ivanhoe both didn't make the 4 in second grade. That means another side like Bellfield needs to go from thirds grade to second grade. That takes a side out 3rd grade. Now GCC had 2 sides in 4th grade.
So next year there will be 3 full grades and a 4th grade with only 4 sides. That will hurt the depth of HDCA, and that will hurt the depth of of clubs, because players will get sick of playing the same side every few weeks, just like the one day comp this year. The quicker HDCA clubs push to merge with NMCA (Jika) not NWCA the better, I know clubs have been stubborn and want HDCA to stay in its real form, but is that possible? I hope so but really can it happen???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back