HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

i heard bryce smout and reece walker from "the heidelberg club" do the same.
can someone tell me if this is true?

Colonel Sanders;325717 said:
when are heidelberg going to drop players like smout and walker who have done absolutley nothing for the past 2 years, yet still playing A Grade?

Do your homework nuffie, smout played in the 2's on the weekend along with M Favrin, Walker hasnt been setting the world on fire but he'll come good when it counts

You were right. rhett walker 6/58 of 14 bloody well bowled.

brett smout also bowled an inspirational spell in the 2's.
0/15 off 1, including one being hit into the grand stand at edinburgh

ari gold;331788 said:
brett smout also bowled an inspirational spell in the 2's.
0/15 off 1, including one being hit into the grand stand at edinburgh

smouty you junior pelican. getting a bit of a beer gut.

The time of the year that we all wait for has arrived, with plenty of q's to be answered.

What are peoples thoughts on the upcoming finals action?

For mine, I think the Sannas might just cause a surprise and get over the Bears.

The clash between the Heidelberg and West will be a lot tighter than most on here would think - with west having won the last time the two met.

For the comps sake it would be great to see the two underdogs, Rosanna and West play off for the big one.

The rumour going around the traps is that the A grade GF is at Banyule and B grade is at Heidelberg - both on shocking wickets. Surely this can't be good for the comp.

I haven't seen the full draw for the finals so can someone please help me out - who are our most powerful club from War Memorial playing in the A grade semis?:

Blue Blood;332398 said:
The time of the year that we all wait for has arrived, with plenty of q's to be answered.

What are peoples thoughts on the upcoming finals action?

For mine, I think the Sannas might just cause a surprise and get over the Bears.

The clash between the Heidelberg and West will be a lot tighter than most on here would think - with west having won the last time the two met.

For the comps sake it would be great to see the two underdogs, Rosanna and West play off for the big one.

The rumour going around the traps is that the A grade GF is at Banyule and B grade is at Heidelberg - both on shocking wickets. Surely this can't be good for the comp.

I haven't seen the full draw for the finals so can someone please help me out - who are our most powerful club from War Memorial playing in the A grade semis?:
I am only having a stab but you arent JR himself are you?????
Having said that i think it will be a great weekend of cricket with The Berg's & The Crazy Bears to play off in the big one! (I hope)
Just can't see Rosanna getting over Banyule, their bowling attack has been weakened this year but somehow have managed to sneak into the finals, although you never know on THOSE pitches ey John!!!

Fezz;332419 said:
I am only having a stab but you arent JR himself are you?????
Having said that i think it will be a great weekend of cricket with The Berg's & The Crazy Bears to play off in the big one! (I hope)
Just can't see Rosanna getting over Banyule, their bowling attack has been weakened this year but somehow have managed to sneak into the finals, although you never know on THOSE pitches ey John!!!

Wat a big week in cricket hey fezzant?? We have the mighty greensbourgh goats leaving our great comp so there 3rd's and 4th's dont have to play against each other, im pretty sure there the ones that get all there cash flow going so they can pay there $30,000 a year to finish 5th hahaha!!!
On to the main reason were here and thats 4 the semis we have the banyule boobcats club vs the rosanna reptiles club and the heidelberg horses club vs the west heidelberg hornets club.
My tips 4 the week are the boobcats to roll johnny and his boys. Cant really see the reptiles handeling the sheik of tweak D.K Barnes.
The horses to give the hornets a big welcome back to finals with a big victory. I wonder weather big brid grindal has grown the extra leg that seems to grow every time march comes around!!
And dont forget super saturday at flemington. Ohh wat a day!!!
Happy punting!!!

the_boobcat;330216 said:
I really hope greensborough have put some consideration into the move over the the dvca and not just made a quickfire decision.
did they take into account-
2002, Macleod CC moves over to the dvca with a similar vote tally to what gboros was, they depleted from 9 strong sides down to having 4 sides with them desperately struggling to fill in their 4s.
They had a strong 8 junior sides, now they only have 5
No umpires from C grade down and maybe occasionally getting one.
Back to saturday morning cricket for juniors which will restrict your bowlers in the afternoon, with only 18 overs in a day good future cricketers like james love could be bowling 10 in the morning and only allowed to bowl 8 in the afternoon..........
The loss of the one day comp and the good structure that the hdca has now with the 7 2dayers and 7 one dayers.
And to top it off as the fezz mentioned your going to be playing with kindergarten 2 piece balls. Add in the trips to whittlesea, panton hill, hurstbride and in the lower grades, arthurs creek, doreen ect its guaranteed to make people think if the decision was really right and if its worth it??

Macleod Cricket Club have never had 9 senior sides. The most that they ever fielded was 7 in the HDCA which included 2 one day sides and 5 two day sides. Never had more than 6 junior sides either. Don't know where you got your facts from. We have never struggled to field all sides and in fact, usually have a number of people miss out weekly. We could have fielded 5 senior sides but decided to ease the pressure of a lot of juniors .

As an observer, if Greensborough are accepted into Money Shield DVCA next year, they are going to find it very tough to win games.

serg fernandez;332636 said:
Macleod Cricket Club have never had 9 senior sides. The most that they ever fielded was 7 in the HDCA which included 2 one day sides and 5 two day sides. Never had more than 6 junior sides either. Don't know where you got your facts from. We have never struggled to field all sides and in fact, usually have a number of people miss out weekly. We could have fielded 5 senior sides but decided to ease the pressure of a lot of juniors .

As an observer, if Greensborough are accepted into Money Shield DVCA next year, they are going to find it very tough to win games.

quiet serg

Fezz;330067 said:
I didn't mean justifying it by the amount of people who voted for it, it was the way it was trying to that they are too good for the HDCA.
Anyway, why don't you and HUMMTB get over to the DVCA forum and discuss things there! Use the C Grade thread cause they are the guys you will be playing against!!

quit the personal attack. At no stage did anyone think that we are are too good for HDCA, all im pointing out (and its only 1 reason) is that we have too many sides, how does that mean we are better than everyone else?
All was doing is reponding to a legitimate question raised in a previous post. And i was not bagging the comp in anyway or those that run it. Unfortunaly, people have been hearing second hand information and to be honest amount the of lies and rumours that were going around in the last month were a joke.
I can only put forward the facts of why a decision was made, if people refuse to aknowledge them then so be it.

Crumba#3;332481 said:
Wat a big week in cricket hey fezzant?? We have the mighty greensbourgh goats leaving our great comp so there 3rd's and 4th's dont have to play against each other, im pretty sure there the ones that get all there cash flow going so they can pay there $30,000 a year to finish 5th hahaha!!!
On to the main reason were here and thats 4 the semis we have the banyule boobcats club vs the rosanna reptiles club and the heidelberg horses club vs the west heidelberg hornets club.
My tips 4 the week are the boobcats to roll johnny and his boys. Cant really see the reptiles handeling the sheik of tweak D.K Barnes.
The horses to give the hornets a big welcome back to finals with a big victory. I wonder weather big brid grindal has grown the extra leg that seems to grow every time march comes around!!
And dont forget super saturday at flemington. Ohh wat a day!!!
Happy punting!!!

i wouldnt be taking the piss out of 3rds playing against each other, yours might be doing so next year. Gee 30k paves must be building an extention to his house as him and his assistant are the only paid members, 5th in a rebuilding year hmmm, you just keep relying on occa to win your games, until he breaks his back from carrying everyone

HUMMTB;333031 said:
i wouldnt be taking the piss out of 3rds playing against each other, yours might be doing so next year. Gee 30k paves must be building an extention to his house as him and his assistant are the only paid members, 5th in a rebuilding year hmmm, you just keep relying on occa to win your games, until he breaks his back from carrying everyone

Well you did pay that clown butera $10,000 to coach last year and paves is 3 times better bloke and captain then him so i just did the maths and i did get that figure of one of your members. Surely your not telling me kelsey and butters go around for the love of the club. Come on mate dont piss on me and tell me its raining.

Crumba#3;333063 said:
Well you did pay that clown butera $10,000 to coach last year and paves is 3 times better bloke and captain then him so i just did the maths and i did get that figure of one of your members. Surely your not telling me kelsey and butters go around for the love of the club. Come on mate dont piss on me and tell me its raining.

wish you were doing my payroll, given big Ray knocks back numerous offers every year i would argue that he does love the club or he would be long gone.

rebuilding year?? isnt it funny how wen sides start to struggle towards the end of a year n cant make finals they use that old chesnut "oh we are rebuilding this year".....if you were genuinley rebuilding you wouldnt have gone out n paid 15k on pavey n another 5k on some random bloke playin 3s who is supposedly your assistant coach. im good mates with a bloke at the slime and he was very open about the fact of numerous players geting payed inc kelsey, butters, paves etc etc.......so dont menstruate on me and tell me its sauce

tracey bartram;333098 said:
rebuilding year?? isnt it funny how wen sides start to struggle towards the end of a year n cant make finals they use that old chesnut "oh we are rebuilding this year".....if you were genuinley rebuilding you wouldnt have gone out n paid 15k on pavey n another 5k on some random bloke playin 3s who is supposedly your assistant coach. im good mates with a bloke at the slime and he was very open about the fact of numerous players geting payed inc kelsey, butters, paves etc etc.......so dont menstruate on me and tell me its sauce

good stuff kenny

tracey bartram;333098 said:

No worries champ you obviously know more than me or believe everything you hear, pavey was paid to coach the club and develop the kids, have a look at the age of the blokes who played most of the year in the ones if you can see past the end of you nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back