headspins

AUSSIE_BOY

headspins

i have been gettin headspins when i train hard and stick 2 a sorta strict diet....

i have asked liz wat things could cause this and i now believe it is something 2 do with my diet....

i counted my KJ and b4 dinner i had only consumed 2800 (liz it was my KJ i re checked)

counting my dinner i prob. ate about 5000Kjs (rice and chicken 4 dinner... with a dohnut after it :))

throughout the day i feel like im eating enough......

but these headspins r becoming annoying.....

Re: headspins

Maybe you are getting dehydrated, try drinking more water next time you go for a hard training session, before, during and after

Did you calculate with respect to weight of food or portion size?

If your calculations are correct, your consumption is far too low [especially with the inclusion of a dohnut!] and this would certainly explain your dizzy spells.

Write yourself a food diary; list everything you eat and drink and total the Kj at the end of each day.

Personally, I would not like to see you consume less than 8000 Kj/day, my preference would be 10000 Kj/day [for you] but good food; lots of veggies and good protein. If you are falling low, get yourself some baked beans on toast, poached egg on toast etc.

Start eating between meals; nuts, seeds, raw veggies, fruit etc.

I've been getting kind of dizzy and almost fainting lately in the heat. I get up from where I have been lying down doing whatever, then when I enter a different room it goes party black for half a second and I can't really see where I am going. But then it goes quickly and everything is fine. But a few times I have nearly fainted, and one time I think I might of passed out for a second (is that possible?). I've been told it might be due to low blood pressure plus the heat maybe? I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary either and my diet hasn't changed drastically.

thats exactly wat mine is.... i havnt passed out.. but have been pretty close 2 it... it happens when i stand up (no matter how fast)...

There are many reasons why this can happen and yes, blood pressure is one but very unlikely [not impossible] for guys your age.

Its very hot in your part of the World at the moment, have you been replacing your fluid, more importantly, your mineral loss?

hmm the temp hasnt been 2 hot up my way... fair bit of rain....
ive been drinkin about 2-3 litres a day.... im not sure wat u mean when u say replacing minerals??

Sorry A_B, that post was meant for Jonesy.

We discussed hydration and I think your problem is lack of energy from your diet.

Although the two of you are experiencing the same symptoms, I think the causes are different.

Continue with the diary and let me know how you get on after [say] five days.

As for 'minerals', take a look at my recipe for an isotonic drink in the 'fizzy drinks' thread.

yeh i get head spins but iv never fainted
i think i need to drink more water
how much water should i be drinking a day at the age of 14?

The amount of water you need is based on your weight rather than your age, however, you should be drinking between 2.5-3lt of water per day.

You should never feel thirsty; if you are the slightest bit thirsty, you are probably 2% dehydrated. This equates to approximately 20% loss in performance; mental as well as physical.

1% dehydration has negative effects on the brain and CNS.

5% dehydration can be fatal!

Out of curiosity, do you guys think you are getting enough iron?

The early symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia include tiredness, headache, poor performance and sometimes light-headedness.

Those most a at risk include teenagers and well trained performers.

Well, dehydration can cause headaches too. Next time you have one, don't reach for the pills, reach for half a litre of water. The side effect of a lot of pain killers is... wait for it... headaches [well I never!]

hmmm i heard a rumour that if u have low iron the inside of your eye lids are a real light pink rather then a darkish pink... is this true???

Iron is needed for the formation of haemoglobin in blood, which carries oxygen around the body. Haemoglobin is the molecule that make red blood cells.

Iron deficiency anaemia is a low level of circulating haemoglobin so your 'rumour' has some foundation.

However, different people are very different ;) if one person's eye lids are lighter than another's, it does not mean they are anaemic, though its a possible :D

Back