what do u think liz?

mmm, I like goose :eek:

AUSSIE_BOY said:
when i go 2 school... i take..

a banana
pack on nuts and dried fruit (35g)
sanga (white bread and usually veggie)

thats about all... and 2 bottles of water... it does me

Sounds good to me. Pack lunches are difficult at the best of time but in the heat...
...tuna fish is definitely out :D

Of course, I would prefer the 'sarnie' to be made with wholemeal or seeded bread but hey!

Some raw carrots and/or grapes halfway through the morning and half way though the afternoon would be good to

Re: headspins

is the choice or wholemeal or seeded bread over white bread a big change from a nutritious point of view???? or is it just the GI levels that change??

i was thinking about taking something else small 2 have in between.... now i kno ;) thanks

ah ok... this may be a stupid Q? but i have been told that brown bread make u feel "full" for longer.... any truth in this????

Not a stupid question at all ;)

'Wholemeal' rather than 'brown' bread, contains insoluble fibre which travels all the way to the colon [extremely important in combatting many diseases and illnesses e.g. constipation, haemorrhoids and diverticlitis]. Insoluble fibre holds water in the gut so increases bulk. This gives the muscles of the digestive tract something to work on so that they keep healthy. Providing bulk to the diet can play a role in weight management by helping you 'feel' full.

Liz, while we have you here and talking about food, how important is milk, and how often should you have it, at the least? Because I'm not much of a milk drinker. I Only drink it when I'm craving some milo (not often and there is none left usually cos my sister is a hog of it).

Milk is a very important food; it contains all necessary nutrients other than fibre.

You should be drinking half a litre of semi skimmed a day, however, this can be included in tea, coffee, cereal, sauces, puddings etc.

For those who do not like milk, yogurt, cheese etc can be substituted.

I find goats milk much easier on the digestion.

I am glad to hear your sister is a milk hog, it will protect her from osteoporosis when she is older and help to protect her vital organs [go girl! :D]

Nah she's a milo hog, 10 spoons of milo and 5 drops of milk :p Nah a bit exaggerated but soemthign like 1/4 of it is milk only :laugh:

Yeh I drink 2 cups approx per day of tea, and I like it with quite a bit of milk but I should try to have more, yeh thanks for the clarification, I'll have some now haha.

ah milk thats the stuff i always drink i have a 2 litre bottle of milk in the fridge jus for me (cuz me parents drink lite milk) and i drink that 2 litres in 2 days so its around 1 litre a day
and i eat wholemeal bread,i also eat

Jonesy said:
Nah she's a milo hog, 10 spoons of milo and 5 drops of milk :p Nah a bit exaggerated but soemthign like 1/4 of it is milk only :laugh:

Oooh! all that sugar... tell her it will all end up on her hips when she's older; she may then save some for you ;)

hey liz this is a bit of topic... but that wont hurt ;)

how long does it take 4 your metabolic rate to slow down....
i have just started back at school and the sleep pattern is gettin the better of me.... so i am toning training back a bit just for a week to get into rhythem...

Not too sure what you mean so please forgive me if I grabbed hold of the wrong end ;)

Reversibility:
If we are talking about 'reversibility', since the body is 'adaptive'*, any gains made will be lost if the programme of exercise is stopped, the body cannot 'store' fitness. This happens quite quickly but is different for different people.

*Adaptation:
The body is adaptive. This means that when you ask it to perform a more difficult task, 'overload'**, it will adapt to become stronger or faster or able to continue for longer depending upon the exercise involved.

**Overload:
This is when the body is asked to perform a task that is more difficult than it is accustomed to and cannot therefore do easily.

Sleep is extremely important; the more strict you are with yourself the quicker it will be sorted.

eating regular meals now.... also eating plenty of fruit and veg and including alot of water.....

never felt better... no longer get headspins...

also eating wholemeal bread now... tastes the same as white lol....

thanks for everyones help :D

Back