N/A

Fri Feb 14 - Tue Feb 18
22:00 GMT
(prev day) | 11:00 local
11:00 NZDT
2nd Test - New Zealand v India
Basin Reserve, Wellington
N/A

A decent total by New Zealand. Not sure it'll be enough on this tiny ground...

If we bowl and field well however.. Should be good watching either way.

Great win. Especially because I thought our fielding and bowling was a bit sloppy!

By sloppy bowling you mean McClenaghan? By sloppy fielding you mean one missed catch? The bowling was the same as it always, saved a lot of runs in the field and took some exceptional catches our only issue at the moment is getting one of Ryder or Guptill to fire.

By sloppy bowling you mean McClenaghan? By sloppy fielding you mean one missed catch? The bowling was the same as it always, saved a lot of runs in the field and took some exceptional catches our only issue at the moment is getting one of Ryder or Guptill to fire.

McClenaghan is always sloppy it seems haha. It's lucky he takes wickets because he's very expensive. Southee really deserved that last wicket. He bowled beautifully all night and deserved more accolades for creating pressure.

And McCullum's dropped catch. It is being a bit harsh though as the high balls are always tricky under lights.

Awesome to get another victory. Anderson is turning into quite a player!

Me and my mates were estimating how much he'll get at the IPL auction.

Awesome to get another victory. Anderson is turning into quite a player!

Me and my mates were estimating how much he'll get at the IPL auction.

He'd be ideal wouldn't he? Mind you the chances are he'll be ignored like a lot of NZ players are so some Aussie 'superstar' like Maxwell gets $1M.

I fear his imperfect bowling might knock a few dollars off his price-tag. If he was a great death bowler, he'll certainly be rolling in the Benjamins.

What a game! Edge of the seat stuff in front of a big crowd! Shame we couldn't get the win but that's entertainment at it's best. Glad I chose to watch it live. :D

Going only by text commentary and reactions on Twitter, I get the feeling that the tied ODI was NZ's for the taking, but let it slip with substandard death bowling. Fair assessment?

Going only by text commentary and reactions on Twitter, I get the feeling that the tied ODI was NZ's for the taking, but let it slip with substandard death bowling. Fair assessment?

Yeah that's fair. Bennet and Anderson were outstanding but McClenaghan and Southee came back poor in their second spells and gave India back the momentum.

The biggest problem was we didn't bowl any yorkers and bowled too many short balls.

Yeah that's fair. Bennet and Anderson were outstanding but McClenaghan and Southee came back poor in their second spells and gave India back the momentum.

The biggest problem was we didn't bowl any yorkers and bowled too many short balls.

Who can consistently bowl yorkers in NZ though? Southee used to but for some reason he's using mixed lengths now instead.

Who can consistently bowl yorkers in NZ though? Southee used to but for some reason he's using mixed lengths now instead.

Southee still can it's just he wasn't bowling at the death...he was bowling in the 40 over block. If anyone needs to learn...it's McClenaghan. My gosh...he should never be used as a death bowler!

Southee still can it's just he wasn't bowling at the death...he was bowling in the 40 over block. If anyone needs to learn...it's McClenaghan. My gosh...he should never be used as a death bowler!

McClenaghan will never learn and at the end of the day he's not quick enough and too inaccurate to worry anyone at the death, he does get wickets though and he's not worried about going for runs which is refreshing with all the negative thinking that goes on. Southee wasn't bowling well against the Indian onslaught and I don't think he would've done any better that night and I see he's been bowled out early again, more to do with the NZ brains trust than Southee?

Back