India In New Zealand

Just turned on the tv, wow what's happening with this game. NZ should win but they have left the door open with this batting.

lol it's funny to see the frustration when the tail wags like this, handy runs for New Zealand.

And he's out. India set 407 for victory.

He definitely hit that, brushed across the face of the bat. What a joke that India can just choose to not have drs, should have zero say in how a Test match is officiated. I guess we can't let them lose the ability to bully umpires into making crap decisions in their favour at home :rolleyes:

7 down still requiring 78, it's all up to Dhoni to get India home wonder if he will go on the attack. This might go down to the wire..

And New Zealand knock them over, not without some controversy though Wagner's foot right next to the line to get Dhoni's wicket.

I love how some (and I mean only a minority really) are blaming the umpiring, if this was against Aus the BCCI would have the plane warmed up on the tarmac and would be threatening a walk out unless some poor umpire didn't have his career cut short.

The good news for them is that in the cricket cartel that has been created India can choose when and if they play NZ in the future.

The funniest thing about blaming the umpiring is the fact that 1) India are the reason why they couldn't reverse those decisions and 2) we had two bad calls against us in our second innings which were crucial (Anderson shouldn't have been given LBW as the ball was high and going down leg and BJ Watling shouldn't have been given out on a no ball).

I'd also like to point out that Steve Davis made most of the errors, if not all. He's far from a good umpire.

The funniest thing about blaming the umpiring is the fact that 1) India are the reason why they couldn't reverse those decisions and 2) we had two bad calls against us in our second innings which were crucial (Anderson shouldn't have been given LBW as the ball was high and going down leg and BJ Watling shouldn't have been given out on a no ball).

I'd also like to point out that Steve Davis made most of the errors, if not all. He's far from a good umpire.
My view on this is that if you believe that introducing DRS is wrong then don't complain about the decisions, force umpires into retirement or start the plane up on the tarmac and threaten to abandon a tour (and yes, this is directed at India). I completely understand the frustration with poor decisions but I think people forget that there's an entire system out there that rates and rewards umpires based on performance. The likes of Taufel didn't become the best umpire in the world due to crowd pressure, he got there due to the umpiring body recognizing his ability to rule on things correctly and consistently.

Like you've pointed out there were decisions that were wrong that went the other way but we won't hear much comment about those as 1.5 billion keyboards outnumber 4.5 million.

Any chance of dropping Sodhi and just playing 4 quicks? Didn't seem to trouble the Indians in the slightest from what I seen.
Pragmatically yes but given our lack of spinners Sodhi is one of those 'projects' that teams have every now and then. Walked past the Basin today and it is super green which is not surprising given how miserable the summer in Wellington has been so far, personally I'd go in with 2 quicks, 1 wicketkeeper and 8 batsmen.

Back