IPL Player Auctions

Re: IPL Player Auctions

Not quite sure what Jaipur was thinking. I was expecting that they would bag the likes of Misbah and Ross Taylor. It was Bangalore that bought them instead.

I just saw this article.
For a total of US$ 3.35 million - just half a million over what Chennai and Hyderabad spent for MS Dhoni and Andrew Symonds in the first auction - Jaipur's Rajasthan Royals are looking quite formidable: Shane Warne, Graeme Smith, Younis Khan, Shane Watson, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Kamran Akmal, Yusuf Pathan, Mohammad Kaif, Munaf Patel, Morne Morkel and Sohail Tanvir.
It says that Jaipur has done a great job but frankly I cant understand what the heck they have done.
In Kamaran Akmal they have the worst wicketkeeper around these days. Munaf Patel is just a medium pacer these days and hardly threatening. Yusuf Pathan is untested in international cricket and Mohammad Kaif hasnt even played international cricket for about 2 years.
Shane Warne, Graeme Smith are the best picks but not the best of friends. I can see a lot of problems with the team.

the jaipur team sucks....i will support kolkata knight riders....kolkata have the best team and under dada we will become the champions....i saw the team logo and song today...its awsome.

I think that was just for overseas players. They are allowed to sign local players until March 18th.

rajan said:
the jaipur team sucks....i will support kolkata knight riders....kolkata have the best team and under dada we will become the champions....i saw the team logo and song today...its awsome.
srk has surely done everything in grand style. i think a lot of people will support kolkata because he owns the team.

the good news for ipl is that australian players will play but the bad news is that they can only play for the first two weeks. its good for indian cricket as we might get some youngsters to play but it might decrease the entertainment value.

Back