IPL Player Auctions

Re: IPL Player Auctions

manee said:
Sony Entertainment TV Asia airs in England and Sony are also known to sometimes sell their rights to Sky Sports (IIRC).

That's all good then.Watching it live on tv beats waiting a few days for a good copy!.

So far it looks like IPL is going to be a huge success. The only thing that can go wrong is if the players don't play like a team or without any passion. In that case the level of excitement will not be the same as in international matches.

MasterBlaster said:
So far it looks like IPL is going to be a huge success. The only thing that can go wrong is if the players don't play like a team or without any passion. In that case the level of excitement will not be the same as in international matches.

It could go awfully wrong if Australia tour Pakistan.

Not really. There are still a lot of good players in the league. Plus Adam Gilchrist, David Hussey, Cameron White, Shane Warne, Glenn Mcgrath will still be available.

MasterBlaster said:
Not really. There are still a lot of good players in the league. Plus Adam Gilchrist, David Hussey, Cameron White, Shane Warne, Glenn Mcgrath will still be available.
Missing Symonds, Ponting, Hayden and Hussey would be a huge loss.

Its good that Channel 10 are showing every match during prime time, and it should be interesting to have players from different countries playing in the same team. But its quite surprising that a few Aussie players are pulling out, instead putting their allegance to their states/counties. But Justin Langer couldnt put it any better:-
"When you go to your grave, people will remember what you did with your life rather than how much money you made."

jimmy33 said:
Its good that Channel 10 are showing every match during prime time, and it should be interesting to have players from different countries playing in the same team. But its quite surprising that a few Aussie players are pulling out, instead putting their allegance to their states/counties. But Justin Langer couldnt put it any better:-
"When you go to your grave, people will remember what you did with your life rather than how much money you made."

why did he sign up if he wasnt going to play? did the county schedule changed suddenly and interfered with ipl? i think he wouldnt have declined the offer had he gotten a higher bid.

He decided to remain loyal to his county. And besides they would've sued him if he hadn't have played for them. Thats what might be happening to David Hussey. But I'm not too sure why he signed up in the first place, maybe if he could play. Truthfully I'm not sure. But heres the link to the story

I think a few more may drop out between now and the actual tournament. In one way it's good as it sends a message out that the BCCI isn't the be all and end of cricket but I fear that it'll cause more problems long term.

its their loss if players leave...i dont think bcci will like if the players cancel....why join first if you dont want to play?

Yeah players some of the players like Peitersen, Mascheranes(sp?) would be in demand. They'll be busy playing New Zealand anyway and probably their counties would prefer they play for them rather than the IPL.

As far as I'm aware, they are contractually obliged to play for their counties instead of the IPL but I've heard that next year it will be earlier to allow English players to take part.

There is going to be another player auction today. With $2.05 million of money left, Jaipur seems to be in an advantageous position. Most other franchises have hardly any money left so most players are likely to be bought for their base price.

Do you guys know whos gonna be in which team? Its on in a little while and I have to be able to support one team. I was think Hyderabad, but I'm not too sure whos in that side

Thanks mate, I owe you one :D. I think I might go for Mohali, they got Jimmy Hopes and Luke Pomersbach. Here is the results of the second round of auctions here

EDIT:Looking at those teams I'm not too sure anymore, maybe I should just hope that they all have fun...

Back