Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for Cricket, but didn't Take Much Interest

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Re: IPL Verdict

good tournament: probably went a bit too long. playing home and away is what ruined it i think. play each other once, then have finals. or have a group stage, then quarter-finals, semi's etc.

but it was a good tournament, good cricket, good youngsters coming through (and not just Indian players). Still not sure what kind of impact it will have next year. It'll still be on. But will it be a one hit wonder? we'll have to wait and see.

out of 10 i would rate it 7.

good to see it on FTA in Australia too, albeit at a dumb hour (Ch10 should have shown highlights during the day of the previous nights game).

I thought it was okay. It was great at first but it dragged on for too long, there were quite a few dead games toward the end of the tournament. The novelty effect of the whole idea probably wore as it progressed.

It unearthed some good players though. India and Australia were the big winners I thought in that sort of aspect.

^^Pretty much agree with that. After the first few games it got a bit boring, especially when some of the stars left. Maybe they need to look at shortening the comp in case they overkill it.

enjoyed it for the start. but by 10 games in I would watch maybe 3 or 4 overs get the drift of what was going to happen and flick it off. Check the scorecard in the morning and wouldn't be suprised at what I missed.

Won't be as big next year over here. Wouldn't suprise me if Channel 10 didnt show as many games next year, but we will wait and see

Well I would usually only watch the early game, or if there was a 10:30 start, I would watch the 1st innings- but that would be about it.

I'm getting too old to stay up these days regularly! :D

join the club el-capitano! :)

Channel Ten have bought the rights to it for 4 or 5 years: so basically they have to show every game...Foxtel may buy some rights to it though, i thought they would have to begin with, but Ch10 got them.

so it's agreed by BigCricket: shorten the comp!

The jury is still out for me. I didn't watch too much because of the awkward times it was on. They definitely have to shorten it so it doesn't, as some people have said, drag on and go for too long. Shorter is better. It has potential though.
And I'd take international cricket anyday ahead of this.

i enjoyed the IPL if i actually could stay awake to watch the match lol mainly because all the Australian players where in unreasonable form

Back