Johan Botha - Does he chuck?

Re: Johan Botha - Does he chuck?

Keep Wandering;319139 said:
Really the ICC changed the rule of the angle of the arm so they didnt have to test every spinner in countries like India and Pakistan.
The rule is something like 15 degrees but is someone is inbetween 1 degree and 15 degrees, it is still a chuck whether its the rules or not. The arm must be almost perfectly straight when the ball is delivered.

Yes Botha is a chucker but he is the best economical and bowling at the death spinner in the game. The way he uses his doosra and overspinner u just cant pick it.

It's not a chuck if the elbow doesn't straighten from the bent position. The point of the chucking rule is to prevent players from getting extra pace or extra spin by straightening the elbow during the bowling action. Murali doesn't do that. According to the testers, Botha doesn't either.

He does not chuck. We all got it? He did. He changed it. He no longer does. He is a quality bowler.

Mousey;319410 said:
He does not chuck. We all got it? He did. He changed it. He no longer does. He is a quality bowler.

Totally agreed and it is very weak how people can not acknowledge that he and Murali are both good bowlers that have legal actions no matter how dodgy the actions look.

Looks can be deceiving.

Although Botha is a world class bowler, IMO I don't think his captaincy is up to it just yet.
Does anyone know the reasoning for the split captaincy between Test and ODI?

fmr_13;322758 said:
Looks can be deceiving.

Although Botha is a world class bowler, IMO I don't think his captaincy is up to it just yet.
Does anyone know the reasoning for the split captaincy between Test and ODI?

I believe Smith is still the ODI captain however due to his injury he was forced home after the test series.

Mousey;319410 said:

Watch a proper spinner like Vettori that bowls with a good action and doesn't cheat. Don't tell me you can't see the difference?

The ICC are a disgrace to not crack down on this rubbish.

namdarb;322777 said:
I believe Smith is still the ODI captain however due to his injury he was forced home after the test series.

Oh, I was under the impression that Smith just did the Tests.

Kram81;322906 said:
Watch a proper spinner like Vettori that bowls with a good action and doesn't cheat. Don't tell me you can't see the difference?

The ICC are a disgrace to not crack down on this rubbish.

He bowls differently, but he doesn't chuck imo.

Back