Kiwis Insinuate the Tait Chucks

el-capitano

Kiwis Insinuate the Tait Chucks

A SHOCKED and angry Shaun Tait last night volunteered to have his action biomechanically tested after finding himself at the centre of a throwing controversy sparked by New Zealand in the aftermath of the Australian's destructive fast-bowling performance against the Black Caps.

Tait said it was a "disgrace" that his action was a topic of discussion after New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori said bowling actions that generated such extreme pace would be queried, and repeatedly referred questions about it to New Zealand's antagonistic coach, John Bracewell.

"They can question me and I can go and do the tests but I can't see a problem with my action at all," the 24-year-old South Australian said when informed of the scrutiny. "Maybe they should watch the ball more."

University of WA biomechanist Bruce Elliott was unwilling to say whether Tait's action was suspect without closely examining it but said it was "more difficult" to chuck with a round-arm, slinging action of the sort made famous by Jeff Thomson and practised in modern cricket by Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga and Tait.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/tait-ready-to-take-action/2007/12/13/1197135656178.html

Idiots............ :rolleyes:

Re: Kiwis Insinuate the Tait Chucks

I did seem to recall glancing at a delivery in slow-mo that did look a little suspect. But if the Kiwis did had any queries they should go though the proper channels not make it public.

I'm sure his action is fine.

New Zealand are nothing but whingers. They should just shut up and learn to move on instead of looking at accusing our bowlers of chucking.

Kram81;197537 said:
I did seem to recall glancing at a delivery in slow-mo that did look a little suspect. But if the Kiwis did had any queries they should go though the proper channels not make it public.

I'm sure his action is fine.

Tait isn't a chucker. If we all thought that he was he wouldn't be selected for Australia.
You will find that he has got loose wrists whilst his arm is straight.

Back