Last person to post on this thread wins 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Last person to post on this thread wins 7

At first I really didn't believe it but I am know you are telling the truth.

I wish I seen that match. Run rate of 13 or so. Plus the bowling would have been spectacular with a score of only about 100.

The perfect game.

We were playing at Wattle Glen that day, I remember getting a phone call(we were batting) saying he just made 100. When he got to 250 the word spread like wild flies they said by the end of he's innings there were 100 people there watching. He was scoring over 80 runs every half hour. Not a bad effort.

If someone made a score like that during a game I think the other two games on the grounds there would stop temporarily to watch him bat, then restart and declare the day not long enough and not wanting to bat at night.

He did not give 1 chance, it was 1 of them games where he could do no wrong.

Not one chance in a score of 450... I'm a little hesitant to believe that. But considering he made 450, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Remember this was on a small ground, so if he miss hit a few they still went for six or four. On a bigger ground the fieldsman may have been deeper so
the miss hits may have been caught out.

Surprisingly for as scepticle a person as I am I believe you fully.

Funny things happen at local games. Like my 9/28 where I got 8 of my wickets in my last two of eight overs.

No, I was in the field... Of the 7 wickets, I would say about 5 or 6 of the wickets came out of the middle of the bat. The other couple, from memory were top edges straight up (with maybe a bowled, maybe).

In our club we've had quite a few 7,8 and even a few 9 wicket hauls.

Our batting talents are spread out and the rest are good but not that good. So if you get one wicket you usually can get two. And if you are lucky and good enough you can keep the ball rolling and get 3 or 4 in a few overs.

I bowled 6 overs without too much success, about 4 runs an over, then came back on over 31 (of a 40 over match, our one dayers are now 50 though) for my last two overs and got 8 wickets out of nowhere and restricted the total from what was to be huge, to average.

That was back a few years ago in my time of only being able to be picked on the limited overs team of A Grade. Now I'm in both sides, as almost everyone is, and if it wasn't for this darned shoulder injury I would be close to going one step further with nearly a callup for the Sunshine Coast Scorchers Grade side.

That's just how good The Boris is.. hahahaha :p

Anything over 6 wickets is phenominal I've found, while 5-wicket hauls aren't that an uncommon occurrence (heck, even I've taken one! ;)), a 6-wicket haul equates very similarly to a hundred...

P.S. In future, could you please refrain from referring to yourself as 'The Boris'. :p

Hahaha sorry I really like bragging now. Never did before but this thread has really taught me to be.

Well in the three C grade games I watched yesterday and today there were two five wicket hauls.

The last one that was higher was last season. They happen about one in every ten games. Usually though, if someone gets six wickets they usually get more. This is in unlimited overs, limited it is rare.

Well, I can't say that I know of any competitions that play unlimited overs these days. I know our competition used to... Even District-level cricket is limited to 100-over games I think.

Rampant;373291 said:
Well, I can't say that I know of any competitions that play unlimited overs these days. I know our competition used to... Even District-level cricket is limited to 100-over games I think.

I think we are limited in the end but we rarely get there. A two day timed game where you have time for play and time for stoppage with negotiations can be made with the umpires by both captains to continue play if light permits. One innings each. If a team bats out more then a day (say about 80-90 overs) then they don't want to go very long into the next innings or the bowlers won't have time to do their work with all the teams incredibly close in talent. We pretty much have to declare at stumps day 1 if we make it there.

The longest I have had my team bat for is 141 overs, about a day and a half, and the umpires just kinda nudged me and said we should declare to give the other guys a go.

We also have our one dayers and 4 innings games depending on the grade you are in. The four innings games are over 2 days where we are limited to 100 overs but if you bat for that long you are crazy because the game will just be a draw.

That sounds like a pretty interesting way of doing things, as most teams in our league also struggle to face out their full 80 overs. Generally we score too quickly and inevitably teams are bowled out for low 200's in just over 60 overs. It's probably a good thing though, I prefer the good old two-dayers.

141 overs?! That's impressive, I'm assuming there were a few big scores in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back