Matthew Hayden

Re: Matthew Hayden

I find it funny that before the India series, people were having awful things to say about Katich.

I'm glad hes proving them wrong, and regarding the above post, if Phil Hughes is very aggressive, it will compliment Katich's style.

You can't be given out if the ball has come off the pads and has been caught by the bowler.
I am guessing that those umpires will get dropped because of that and a few other weird/strange decisions. There were a few wides given that weren't and a couple of times the umpires were caught out with the number of balls per over.

schwab2clarkson;296189 said:
You can't be given out if the ball has come off the pads and has been caught by the bowler.
I am guessing that those umpires will get dropped because of that and a few other weird/strange decisions. There were a few wides given that weren't and a couple of times the umpires were caught out with the number of balls per over.

Yes I think we all understand how a catch works in cricket. One incorrect dismissal and a few dubious words are hardly cause for an umpire to be dropped. (Unless they are umpiring an Indian test :p)

a for effort;296190 said:
Yes I think we all understand how a catch works in cricket. One incorrect dismissal and a few dubious words are hardly cause for an umpire to be dropped. (Unless they are umpiring an Indian test :p)
They were both umpires from the sub continent.......

breeno;297369 said:
Klinger's definitely thrown his hand up for the job, how old is he?

28. Definitely not an old-timer by Australian standards. Personally I don't think the Australian team is strong enough with the bat at the moment to be able to let Phil Hughes learn his trade on the run, ala Krezja and Siddle. Hughes is one for the future definitely but surely Klinger is the man for the moment

Well Klinger can open for a few years if he succeeds, and then when Hughes is knocking on the door in 5 or 6 years, he will have learnt his trade by then.

We need a long term opener, I dont think Rogers is the man.

thommy_rissole;297364 said:
Now i can sleep easy at night knowing how the game of cricket works :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Oh look we have got a smartarse in here.

Mate can I suggest that you look at posting worthwhile stuff about cricket and not dumb, and childish answers like what you put up here.

Yes I think we all understand how a catch works in cricket.

Now i can sleep easy at night knowing how the game of cricket works :rolleyes:

schwab2clarkson;297375 said:
Oh look we have got a smartarse in here.
Mate can I suggest that you look at posting worthwhile stuff about cricket and not dumb, and childish answers like what you put up here.

Firstly we're not mates.
Secondly, can I suggest that considering this is a cricket forum, everyone who reads your posts will understand how the ball-on-pad-can-not-be-given-out-caught "rule" works.

a for effort;297372 said:
28. Definitely not an old-timer by Australian standards. Personally I don't think the Australian team is strong enough with the bat at the moment to be able to let Phil Hughes learn his trade on the run, ala Krezja and Siddle. Hughes is one for the future definitely but surely Klinger is the man for the moment

All of a sudden Klinger has 6 months of good cricket and he isn't "learning his trade on the run", Klinger has averaged a mediocre 30 over the last 2 seasons pre-Sth Australia. Hardly call 30 setting the world on fire. He is no more in form then Chris Rogers and Phil Hughes, both of whom are also having stellar seasons.

Rogers, proven in both Hemisphere's, will most likely be the partner to Katich for the future if Hayden is not selected and Jacques back is still not right. Still think Phil Jacques has alot to offer, if he gets back to full fitness.

My order of how Hilditch & the CA see it at the minute:
Hayden
Jacques
Rogers
Hughes
Klinger

Personally Id rather Hughes in the team over Rogers, but Jaques as first choice for sure.

breeno;297446 said:
Personally Id rather Hughes in the team over Rogers, but Jaques as first choice for sure.

Me too, Rogers is the most boring and dare-i-say it most Un-Australian player this decade.
But his stats are pretty good, especially in England where he is highly regarded on the county scene.
If our bowlers could get a wicket, Hughes would be ok to play but because there is so much pressure on the players at the moment they need someone who is somewhat proven. Rogers will get the nod if Jacques doesn't come up.

Still would love to see Hayden smash a big 100 on Day 1 of the Melbourne Test and prove all the doubters wrong.

a for effort;297372 said:

We are far stronger with the bat than with the ball at the moment. Only Johnson is picking himself at the moment. Lee is going on the hope that he returns to form (which is fair enough, he has shown signs, but he's definitely not there yet). Krejza just got replaced by Hauritz in the Test side. The fact that I don't actually think it's too bad a decision is a testament to our spin bowling stocks. And Stuey Clark, probably our best bowler, is injured, and his replacement, Siddle, is one dimensional and not ready for Test cricket yet (though he is quite a good prospect). Bollinger and Hilfenhaus, the other options, have not played a Test, and Hilfy has played just one ODI.

If we were to blood some youth, a batsman like Hughes would be the way to go.

Back