Matthew Hayden

Re: Matthew Hayden

BabyBlues;297805 said:
We are far stronger with the bat than with the ball at the moment. Only Johnson is picking himself at the moment. Lee is going on the hope that he returns to form (which is fair enough, he has shown signs, but he's definitely not there yet). Krejza just got replaced by Hauritz in the Test side. The fact that I don't actually think it's too bad a decision is a testament to our spin bowling stocks. And Stuey Clark, probably our best bowler, is injured, and his replacement, Siddle, is one dimensional and not ready for Test cricket yet (though he is quite a good prospect). Bollinger and Hilfenhaus, the other options, have not played a Test, and Hilfy has played just one ODI.

If we were to blood some youth, a batsman like Hughes would be the way to go.
Totally agree with you mate.
Although with Brett Lee it's more of a personal issue that is bothering him at the moment.

Another failure this morning.. might need to consider retiremant before being pushed.

Yeah, the guy is a legend and an amazing player. But even though I'm pretty confident he can get some form back at 37 maybe it's time to retire and move on on? Who knows.. maybe with the speculation taken away he could get a big one next innings or in Sydney and leave on a great note?

Yeah if he gets a big one in the next 3 innings he should retire IMO. Go out on a high.

If he struggles for the rest of the series then maybe it is time for him to get the tap on the shoulder, I hate seeing blokes like him being forced out.

Kram81;299698 said:
Yeah, the guy is a legend and an amazing player. But even though I'm pretty confident he can get some form back at 37 maybe it's time to retire and move on on? Who knows.. maybe with the speculation taken away he could get a big one next innings or in Sydney and leave on a great note?
Maybe he could still play cricket but not at the highest level. He could always play at a club level or just stay at state level.

Time for him to hang up the boots.. or is it bat? or gloves?

Whatever, He's been struggling for form and I'd hope that the selectors will drop him for a more younger player. After that Hayden can concentrate on his cookbook recipes.

Equus;299833 said:
Time for him to hang up the boots.. or is it bat? or gloves?

Whatever, He's been struggling for form and I'd hope that the selectors will drop him for a more younger player. After that Hayden can concentrate on his cookbook recipes.

Haha.
I hope Jaques replaces him eventually as he has unfinished business in the Australian team. Some people think that Phillip Hughes or Tom Cooper should come in but I disagree. If they don't succeed early it will ruin their still developing techniques and they will not be good enough for State cricket.

Hayden's cookbook is pretty good. I got both of it and I am eagerly awaiting his third (If he ever have time to write it)

Edit: His bad form will allow him more free time to write his cookbook at the changeroom! HOORAH!

Equus;299838 said:
Hayden's cookbook is pretty good. I got both of it and I am eagerly awaiting his third (If he ever have time to write it)

Edit: His bad form will allow him more free time to write his cookbook at the changeroom! HOORAH!

Haha won't be long and he will have tome to release many more.:D

grapedo;299836 said:
Haha.
I hope Jaques replaces him eventually as he has unfinished business in the Australian team. Some people think that Phillip Hughes or Tom Cooper should come in but I disagree. If they don't succeed early it will ruin their still developing techniques and they will not be good enough for State cricket.

Yeah I'd say Jaques would be a shoe-in if he recovers from this injury. People are just assuming Jaques will still be injured I think.

grapedo;299836 said:
Haha.

Tom Cooper is an interesting call, I had to look that one up. Too early for him I feel but who knows.

Hughes is an intriguing one, the guy looks good and I reckon he's got to be firmly in the thoughts of the selectors. Think maybe this year (2009) is a little too soon for him, but he may get taken with the Ashes squad or stationed in the UK as back up.

I think that it is a bit harsh to say to Matthew Hayden that his playing days are over all because he is out of form with the bat. He can still catch the ball. Maybe just move him down near the bottom of the batting list and have somebody like Watson or Hughes to open up with Katich.

schwab2clarkson;300124 said:
I think that it is a bit harsh to say to Matthew Hayden that his playing days are over all because he is out of form with the bat. He can still catch the ball. Maybe just move him down near the bottom of the batting list and have somebody like Watson or Hughes to open up with Katich.

If Hayden doesnt open, he doesnt play.

He is finished,nothing harsh about it. @|

schwab2clarkson;300124 said:

He's no Jonty Rhodes. Unless he's got skill anywhere near what he had I don't think the main reason he selected is because of his fielding, although I do hate seeing legends get pushed out.

Biggie;300126 said:
If Hayden doesnt open, he doesnt play.

He is finished,nothing harsh about it. @|
He's not finished. The selectors can give it a try.
It worked with Kumble who used to bat much higher in his early days playing with India. He did finish his career down the bottom of the list.

schwab2clarkson;300156 said:
He's not finished. The selectors can give it a try.
It worked with Kumble who used to bat much higher in his early days playing with India. He did finish his career down the bottom of the list.

Kumble is not in the Indian team for his batting. He is a fairly capable tailender. Any comparison with Hayden is completely idiotic.

Back