Mickey Arthur Sacked!

I know this may sound strange but I have a feeling while there will be short term pain for Australian cricket if Arthur does head to the courts but it could well be a good thing as it will finally expose the gross mismanagement within the organisation and the team and it could well be the catalyst of dragging Cricket Australia kicking and screaming into the real world.

I know this may sound strange but I have a feeling while there will be short term pain for Australian cricket if Arthur does head to the courts but it could well be a good thing as it will finally expose the gross mismanagement within the organisation and the team and it could well be the catalyst of dragging Cricket Australia kicking and screaming into the real world.

completely agree

Arthur brought potential but was clearly no good when it mattered, I'm glad he was given his marching orders. He is now coming off as bitter which only further justifies the decision in my opinion.

Must have had a few phone calls with Brad Hodge now that all the tears are flowing in the media.

BRAD HODGE :D:D:D It would appear that Arthur has a point. What has happened? nothing, the team is still getting worse. The problem is the Captain people! As for suing, well he is hardly going to get another job is he.

He should just get on with his life, thats all i can say. The quality of Australian cricket has dropped and we cant just blame the retirement of Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden, McGrath, Langer and other star players on the drop in quality. It is the responsibility of the Coaches to ensure that the quality of test cricket is still at a high level, especially for such an advanced and talented country like ours. What we now need is a quality spinner, and some batsmen who can step up to constantly get their job done.

He reckons he was 'racially discriminated' against for being South African..

Nobody holds any discriminative emotion towards his history. It was rather his policies that got him removed from his job. You can't bring a "rotation policy" into play, as you are preventing a squad from using their best side. Players train in order to get their bodies used to the large amounts of time they face on the field. If they aren't in form, they aren't in form, but if your player is performing with results and he does not need rest, why create a chance for them to lose the rhythm they are coping so well by?

BRAD HODGE :D:D:D It would appear that Arthur has a point. What has happened? nothing, the team is still getting worse. The problem is the Captain people! As for suing, well he is hardly going to get another job is he.
Clarke seems too focused on other parts of the game, and he should focus more on trying to create a side which contains quality players, looking at his own performance, and playing the game at the quality it deserves. He should not be getting caught up in all these insignificant affairs...

Australia will not look back after sacking Arthur. The behaviour & performance of the players whilst under him showed what little respect they had for him.

Back