mitchell johnson

Re: mitchell johnson

rumblah;114387 said:
hasnt clark been regarded as the next mcgrath? it youre after variety, well we havent really seen a 'legend killer' like Johnson for a bit.

If you believe everything you read in the papers he has. But if you ask him he doesn't believe that at all.
Mitchell Johnson has already been dubbed "little Pigeon" because he plays just as many pranks on people as what the Pigeon did.

pidgeon fan;127626 said:
If you believe everything you read in the papers he has. But if you ask him he doesn't believe that at all.

Suzi, it is pretty obvious that Clark is similar to McGrath. The media and also the commentators from the recent Ashes series have all commented and tend to agree that Clark is like McGrath in terms of his line and length and his ability to bowl in the same areas, time and time again.

Clark has the ability to bowl that nagging line outside off stump which McGrath has done for many, many years.

pidgeon fan said:
Mitchell Johnson has already been dubbed "little Pigeon" because he plays just as many pranks on people as what the Pigeon did.

That doesn't make him the next McGrath.

Ljp86;127639 said:
Suzi, it is pretty obvious that Clark is similar to McGrath. The media and also the commentators from the recent Ashes series have all commented and tend to agree that Clark is like McGrath in terms of his line and length and his ability to bowl in the same areas, time and time again.

Clark has the ability to bowl that nagging line outside off stump which McGrath has done for many, many years.

That doesn't make him the next McGrath.
No it doesn't but he is just as good as McGrath was.

With Stu Clark he actually hates being compared to McGrath. I know all the media and the commentators have made that comment but you don't have to believe every single thing that they say. Most of it is their own made up stuff anyway.

pidgeon fan;127669 said:
No it doesn't but he is just as good as McGrath was.

With Stu Clark he actually hates being compared to McGrath. I know all the media and the commentators have made that comment but you don't have to believe every single thing that they say. Most of it is their own made up stuff anyway.

It's something he's going to have to get used to though. Clark is the perfect replacement for McGrath in test team and has similar characteristics to what McGrath showed throughout his career (nagging lines, accurate bowling, good line and length).

Clark is a godsend for the Australian team and although he'll never reach the heights of McGrath he is still a very good bowler and will be very serviceable to the Australian team for a few years yet.

Johnson is more a project player. The guy has speed and at the moment will become Australia's frontline bowler when the likes of Lee and Clark aren't around anymore. Cricket Australia will want to develop that pace (currently around 140km/hr) and convert Johnson into a strike bowler who has pace, the ability to intimidate batsmen and who is able to take wickets.

Alright, enough you two. I'm sick of having to read you both constantly bickering in each and every thread on this site. I and a few others have had enough of the arguments that you have both had over various threads and it's time it stopped.

Either sort out your differences via PM or leave each other alone. There is no need for constant fighting. Stick to the topic at hand.

SouthSwans, you have already been warned and infracted by Guru about your interaction with Suzi previously. If this keeps up, you will be receiving more infractions. If you want to talk to Suzi, reply to her posts about the topic at hand and debate the post not the person behind the post.

Same goes for you Suzi, leave SouthSwans alone. Don't respond to abuse with more abuse as it just escalates the situation.

This is both your final warning.

Fine by me.
I am sick of the negative stuff that he posts about me all the time. So maybe a ban or a suspension might be the best thing for him.

pidgeon fan;127882 said:
Fine by me.
I am sick of the negative stuff that he posts about me all the time. So maybe a ban or a suspension might be the best thing for him.
Shut. The. F**k. Up.

Mods can tell me what to do, you stay out of it.

Here is a suggestion, how about you both put each other on ignore then you wouldnt have to worry about seeing each other posts.

Wingers.

Johnson is a gun. Two very good performances in the opening two matches.

pidgeon fan;129677 said:
Nah just ban SS because he is a real pain in the arse.
Look, Suzi, you think it is one way street with SS don't you? South should not be stirring so much ******** but Suzi you retaliate too easily and believe you know what's best for the site all the time with your constant belief that everyone does the wrong bar you. I've had enough of you two bickering so much as well, so calm it down please.

BTW, South, I was pretty impressed with Hilfy, bowls a good speed with good movement and pretty hard to play, may well be a selection for next year's tests especially against the Lankans on his home soil. Johnson is raw but he looks like quality, left arm quick who can move the ball and is different to the rest of the attack. Tait has been in good touch for South Australia (probably the only one :eek:) and I doubt that the Indians would play him well if he bowled well due to their lack of experience with searing quick pace bowlers (although mind you, the damage they did to Brett Lee in India's last tour of Australia was rather disturbing.

Armageddon*;129682 said:
Look, Suzi, you think it is one way street with SS don't you? South should not be stirring so much ******** but Suzi you retaliate too easily and believe you know what's best for the site all the time with your constant belief that everyone does the wrong bar you. I've had enough of you two bickering so much as well, so calm it down please.

BTW, South, I was pretty impressed with Hilfy, bowls a good speed with good movement and pretty hard to play, may well be a selection for next year's tests especially against the Lankans on his home soil. Johnson is raw but he looks like quality, left arm quick who can move the ball and is different to the rest of the attack. Tait has been in good touch for South Australia (probably the only one :eek:) and I doubt that the Indians would play him well if he bowled well due to their lack of experience with searing quick pace bowlers (although mind you, the damage they did to Brett Lee in India's last tour of Australia was rather disturbing.
I really can't wait to see Hilfy against the other world class teams at the WC, he's going to cause havoc. Seems to bowl that nagging length but mixes it up which is different to Clark and Johnson who - albeit has bowled well so far this series - can be predictable. Hilfy I would hope to see play a few more in this VB series (VB sounds better than CommBank) we can really get a good look into whats ahead in the future. Gotta feel a bit sorry for Shaun Tait though. Injuries and bad timing has put him back midway in the pecking order which is incredibly stiff considering IMO he would be my first choice behind Lee, Bracken and McGrath (who has a form cloud hovering). Will be an interesting period coming up in Australian cricket.

EDIT: And Suzi, post reported. Arse is a bad word. Naughty, naughty Suzi.

Could we see a test bowling attack of

- Mitchell Johnsen
- Stu Clark
- Shane Tait
- Ben Hilfenhaus
- Dan Cullen

Back