MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

bomber27;379016 said:
There is no player on report, so I will put this down as one of the dumbest quotes ever to hit big cricket. The game was played in great spirit and hard by both clubs, so don't disrespect your own club with comments like this. If the umpire had a problem or heard something he didn't like, then lay the report.
Yes, emotions did hit fever pitch after the game, but thats for the cricket field and not for here.
I'm extremely proud of the way our guys handled themselves in the circumstances. If our club got the ruling wrong then so be it.

Just like to get on here and say that if you aren't passionate about your cricket there is no point playing. I know from a personal perspective that i have said and done numerous things that i have probably regretted later on, and a few of you have probably been on the end of some of my shit. However to the bloke in question, mate you put on a great show for all your team mates, gave it a 150% and when it didnt go your way you were disappointed, nothing wrong with that. However i did notice that he had the decency to apologise to the umpire later on... So lets get off his back. Which ever way the result goes just a great game of cricket with some great blokes and good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can settle it come finals time..;)

My Captain said:
Yes i believe the dispute is over overs and I think the umpire got it right, I believe that a side has to bowl 75 overs in the time of a days cricket, so as we got bowled out early the first day we had to bowl 75 overs at the time we started bowling the first week. Then have to bowl to 6 o'clock the time of the end of play. I think we were 1 short at the time of when we started bowling the week before then there was time wasted arguing about the overs then when the arguing was over we got to bowl two more overs in the time till the end of play. So I believe that St Andrews should still have the win. Also even if the umpire did get it wrong I believe that the comp can not change a games outcome on maybes and the umpire decision should stand anyway. That is only what I think but as I am not on any rules committee I would not know.

I dont think that is entirely correct mate.

As you guys were bowled on the first day, and Merlo faced 6 overs or whatever it was, then they are entitled to ANOTHER 75 overs on the 2nd days play.

I think the umpire got it wrong FWIW.

mmvca;379342 said:
I dont think that is entirely correct mate.

As you guys were bowled on the first day, and Merlo faced 6 overs or whatever it was, then they are entitled to ANOTHER 75 overs on the 2nd days play.

I think the umpire got it wrong FWIW.

Afraid to say it, but i think My Captain My Captian got it right and the umpire for that matter.

My understanding of the rule is that St Andrews had to bowl 75 overs by the same time they started bowling the week before....say 5.30pm and then extra overs to the conclusion of play at 6pm. Problem is if they were "slow" and didnt get 75 overs in by 5.30pm the umpire should of hurried them up or penalise them percentage for slow over rate. Looks like they only bowled 76 overs in the innings.......70 for the second day which is very slow!

Advise to Merlo.....no chance of this getting over turned.......you received at least 75 overs as required, St Andrews though should get a percentage penalty and taken to with long stick!

Just my thoughts gents.

RooBoy;379343 said:
Afraid to say it, but i think My Captain My Captian got it right and the umpire for that matter.

My understanding of the rule is that St Andrews had to bowl 75 overs by the same time they started bowling the week before....say 5.30pm and then extra overs to the conclusion of play at 6pm. Problem is if they were "slow" and didnt get 75 overs in by 5.30pm the umpire should of hurried them up or penalise them percentage for slow over rate. Looks like they only bowled 76 overs in the innings.......70 for the second day which is very slow!

Advise to Merlo.....no chance of this getting over turned.......you received at least 75 overs as required, St Andrews though should get a percentage penalty and taken to with long stick!

Just my thoughts gents.

Sorry guys, i stand corrected.

RooBoy;379343 said:

Just my thoughts gents.

Doesnt help when you have to wait for the batsmen to stop talking crap in between balls. And then the captain was on the ground every over to talk to his batsmen and/or the umpire.They will look back and realise that they were wrong and they only affected there own cause. Cost themselves time and overs and batsmen were told to bat time when they were only 10-15 runs away from winning...

Sainters_3_Peat;379540 said:
Doesnt help when you have to wait for the batsmen to stop talking crap in between balls. And then the captain was on the ground every over to talk to his batsmen and/or the umpire.They will look back and realise that they were wrong and they only affected there own cause. Cost themselves time and overs and batsmen were told to bat time when they were only 10-15 runs away from winning...

Sounds like 1 side nu rules & stayed out of arguments & played it accordinaly 2 allow time 2 erase.

Tips this week

YCW/Marys - marys confident win last week 2 strong
Easts/Glenroy - glenroy easy
Socials/Vales - vales stung last week
Wests/St.Francis - st.francis 2 keep rolling along
Barkly/St.Andrews - st.andrews comfortably
Heights/Merlo - game of round, merlo in close 1

Best of luck

jsonnn;379244 said:
It was very disappointing not being able to chase down 170. We had a reasonable start however a couple of wickets down and we shut up shop. The lower order made a dash for it but ran out of overs.

jsonnn can you tell me if that Kyle Sandlands look alike Rubble Patcholi rolled his arm over and did he trouble the scorers.;)

FoPud11;374427 said:
tony villani???? what to say

worst thing is..that the NWCA has 24 senior umpires and we have 12?? had to get back pat campbell to umpire due to the decrease in numbers

also, good to see that the St Marys blokes stay behind saturday for a few beers..good to see!!

Hey "pud" - is that short for Pudding? i see you've been grazing in a good paddock of late. No need to name names with the Umps mate - not good form

you've been running out of puff a bit lately - concentrate on the fitness son instead of taking cheap shots at the tonester !!!!!

FoPud11;379137 said:
the roomer around the grounds on satday was that one of the pipe boys was showing off a zimmer haircut..any truth

Pud - its yer old inglish teecher heer !!! good ta sea me spalling lesuns rubd orf on ya - good luk fa Satday

everyone knows sainters are sooks and try to find the dirtiest way to win thats how they play cricket like ur self

YoungGun;380417 said:
no one cares little man lol

good work MMVCA boys..espech the st franny bloke taking 5 and C.P backing up after yesterday..just shows the needed ability required to play on turf at the end of the day ;)..where to now for the u21s??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back