MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

topspot;368421 said:
Paker went bang alright we heard him down at cole res. Rumolr has they have got the strongest batting line up in the comp.... Are they good enough to go back2back.....?
Obviously another St Andy"s flog, would think so

My Captain said:
St Andrews played East coburg at Morris wicket a bit sticky at first but then played well. Result was St's 6 for 202 and East 10 for 95. Just an early statment and do not take this the wrong way "Rooboy" but I think East will be the wooden sponers this year. And well done to the council but will it last????

well we didnt put up a great effort on the weekend, plenty of new young guys trying to make there way in A turf.

Our stocks are alittle low, but we have to start from somewhere. Hopefully some our experienced guys get amongst the runs and wickets and we win enough games to avoid the wooden spoon.

RooBoy;368649 said:
well we didnt put up a great effort on the weekend, plenty of new young guys trying to make there way in A turf.

Our stocks are alittle low, but we have to start from somewhere. Hopefully some our experienced guys get amongst the runs and wickets and we win enough games to avoid the wooden spoon.

JUST KEEP AT IT ROO BOY, at least your club is prepared to give the young guys a crack at a turf even if it causes some short term pain in regards to ladder positions. in the end though it can only benefit your club in the future. goodluck.
showing more guts than another club in the mmvca that took the weak option and dropped to b grade for the same reason.

pelican player;368654 said:
JUST KEEP AT IT ROO BOY, at least your club is prepared to give the young guys a crack at a turf even if it causes some short term pain in regards to ladder positions. in the end though it can only benefit your club in the future. goodluck.
showing more guts than another club in the mmvca that took the weak option and dropped to b grade for the same reason.

Boys we are short on stocks at the moment but the kids will get first crack at a spot in my team this year. If they put the hard yards in at training, they will be rewarded.

Saints too good with some very good batting from Taylor and Woodhouse.

I thought we bowled well early but the guys were patient and batted really well.

We were in the same position as the Saints after 20 overs but did not have the class to chase down the runs. We leaked a few more in the field than I would like but hey thats cricket and thats also the first game.....

Thought their new bowler in Carroll bowled well and very consistent.

Looks like a handy pick up. Not quick but does all the right things. Could not ask for more.

Smoke and Scotty very reliable as usual.

Good game played in great spirit and man is it good to be out on the park again!

Congrats to the council for getting us out there.

Hey RooBoy, hows Brearley looking. Will it be up and going for this weekend? Heard there may have been a problem with the table.

bomber27;368701 said:
Hey RooBoy, hows Brearley looking. Will it be up and going for this weekend? Heard there may have been a problem with the table.

i wll check through the week, but last time i saw it, it was very under done and not a great deal of good grass on it. but im no expert

topspot;368905 said:
can anyone tell me who is going to win the flag this year and why....?

Glenroy and St Andrews are the only hopes

Glenroy have a good mixture of youth, middle-aged and older players in terms of cricket experience. Good depth on the batting side of things with very reliable openers who can either attack or defend. Middle order can be inconsistent but more often than not someone will bob up and make a decent score to add to the openers efforts. Their bowling relies heavily on Ward, but with Chisholm and Pipe chipping away all day with little variations and the young spinner coming on with every spell he bowls they look to have a decent attack. They are lead by an extremely well respected leader in Head and he conducts himself and the team in a tremendous manner. And of course they 'won' it last year so they deserve to be held in very high regard.

St Andrews will always be thereabouts because of their strong bowling line-up. Newton is a lock for 35+wickets and Wernham bowls that nagging line and length all day. With the new pick-up in Carroll and Tapner always in the background they should be able to defend most totals that Taylor and Tapner set. No Jolley is huge, not only for his batting prowess, but his presence out on the ground and how he tactically gets in the head of the opposition time after time. But Taylor has been around a long time and played a high standard of cricket to lead them well enough.

2 horse race

extracover;368954 said:
Glenroy and St Andrews are the only hopes

Glenroy have a good mixture of youth, middle-aged and older players in terms of cricket experience. Good depth on the batting side of things with very reliable openers who can either attack or defend. Middle order can be inconsistent but more often than not someone will bob up and make a decent score to add to the openers efforts. Their bowling relies heavily on Ward, but with Chisholm and Pipe chipping away all day with little variations and the young spinner coming on with every spell he bowls they look to have a decent attack. They are lead by an extremely well respected leader in Head and he conducts himself and the team in a tremendous manner. And of course they 'won' it last year so they deserve to be held in very high regard.

St Andrews will always be thereabouts because of their strong bowling line-up. Newton is a lock for 35+wickets and Wernham bowls that nagging line and length all day. With the new pick-up in Carroll and Tapner always in the background they should be able to defend most totals that Taylor and Tapner set. No Jolley is huge, not only for his batting prowess, but his presence out on the ground and how he tactically gets in the head of the opposition time after time. But Taylor has been around a long time and played a high standard of cricket to lead them well enough.

2 horse race

Gee after reading that the other 10 clubs may as well not even turn up this season.........go straight the grand final next weekend! :rolleyes:

Well a "BIG HELLO" out there to all my friends on here from last season...
After going through a few posts i still see my GNOME MATE is still looking to make some new friends, Good luck with this year MMVCA.
Well i better get going, thought i would just let you all know that i am still around and hope to catch up with a few of you again in the coming weeks!
For those of you that attended my end of year wash up early this year i thank you, MMVCA i did not see you there, maybe you were on the other side of the bar and hiding!!
MMVCA is it true that you are taking your local council to court and trying to get money off them as they made the footpaths to close to your a s s??

Have a great day all.....

RooBoy;369050 said:
Gee after reading that the other 10 clubs may as well not even turn up this season.........go straight the grand final next weekend! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I agree ROOBOY!
We may as well all head to the races for the rest of the season!
Seriously how can you be making a call like that after round 1 when conditions may not have been equal for everyone?

Reggie Jackson;369110 said:
:rolleyes: I agree ROOBOY!
We may as well all head to the races for the rest of the season!
Seriously how can you be making a call like that after round 1 when conditions may not have been equal for everyone?

Yes i totally agree with rooboy and you, I would say this season will be the most even season for some years with most teams around the same standed. Granted St andrews & Glenroy being very good teams i think they will not have things all their own way this year, which will be good for cricket..

Tips for this weekend then boys?

My tips:
Merlo (V Easts)
Glenroy (v Socials)
St Francis (v Sunshine YCW)
St Marys (v Wests)
Pacco (v Barkly St)
St Andrews (v Sunshine Heights)

Good luck to all this weekend, should make for some interesting cricket.

GeeCeeCee;369216 said:
Tips for this weekend then boys?

My tips:
Merlo (V Easts)
Glenroy (v Socials)
St Francis (v Sunshine YCW)
St Marys (v Wests)
Pacco (v Barkly St)
St Andrews (v Sunshine Heights)

Good luck to all this weekend, should make for some interesting cricket.

my tips for Round 2

Easts def Merlo (i hope)
Glenroy over Socails
St Francis def Sun YCW
Wests def St Marys
Pacco def BSU
Sun Hghts def St Andrews

good luck all

A Turf - East Coburg v Merlo has been moved from Brearley to Hallam Reserve. Not official, but Brearley ruled out until after Xmas.

Socials too good for us (Glenroy) yesterday. We made 175 and they chased them down with a couple of overs to spare and 4 wickets in hand. Good game.

This proves that there are definitely more than 2 teams in the hunt, or possibly now there is only one team, St Andrews.

GeeCeeCee;369669 said:
Socials too good for us (Glenroy) yesterday. We made 175 and they chased them down with a couple of overs to spare and 4 wickets in hand. Good game.

This proves that there are definitely more than 2 teams in the hunt, or possibly now there is only one team, St Andrews.

A good win by Pacoe on weekend, I watched them chase down 194 with the loss of 4 wickets and 4 overs to spare. From what i saw it was played in great spirit by both teams. A big well done to barklys Captain who in the true spirit of cricket recalled a batter after being given out runout when he wasnot out that is a example of true sportsmanship.

GeeCeeCee;369669 said:

21 balls to spare and a lot of tears after the game! and poor form by Pipey not shaking hands after telling us how bad we were during the game!! OOH BYTHE WAY WELL BATTED KINGY you showed us why you left our club! Glenroy will get used of you failing we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back