MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Hit 4 6;367459 said:
Well if thats the case when will we know if there is cricket this sat or not?
I assume Round 1 would be played at a later stage?

May find out at the Delegates meeting tonight whether we are playing. The word I have is that the council was not going to have the wickets ready in time, after speaking to them yesterday, but that may change.

bomber27;367468 said:
May find out at the Delegates meeting tonight whether we are playing. The word I have is that the council was not going to have the wickets ready in time, after speaking to them yesterday, but that may change.

Brearely is looking under done too. what is the chance that A turf will play and other grades miss out? i know the comp has done this in the past but not sure with current committee??

bomber27;367455 said:
I've heard no Adams, Barker, Portelli, Triculo (young guy). Any others?.

Just to quell all the rumours, yes we have lost a few experienced players. you are correct about Adams and Barker. Portelli is only missing the first 3 games and Pas ( Triulcio ) has been injured but is expected to be right for if not Rnd 1 then Rnd 2. The other loss is Ben Whiteside ( tuney ) who has given cricket away.. A couple of others are still yet to make their commitment to play this season. But as always at West we have some very talented youngsters keen to play and this will give them the chance to experience cricket in A grade.

on good authority that A turf is going ahead this weekend with the other turf grades not playing..due to only enough grounds ready for A turd games to start..more than likely the first round for the other grades will be scrapped if A turf do get the start this weekend becoz it will be too hard to rescedule later in the year

From what ive heard from a good source is that glenroy have only only picked up a couple of gun cricketers, Not lost any so definately deserve the top spot prior to the season!!!

3D-503;367467 said:
Not real sure who but a few of the lads were saying they have hird 2 good players have left one overseas. Who knows its all speculation at this time of year we all will know soon enough once sat gets here. Raeburn looks good to go 2 of the 3 pitches are ready to be played on.

I have it on good authority that no one will be missing at JP Fawkner this season from last season's GF side (Other than the 12th man, he's having a season off after birth of first child).

Heard on the grapevine late last night that A turf will on this week, just a whisper.

GeeCeeCee;367592 said:
I have it on good authority that no one will be missing at JP Fawkner this season from last season's GF side (Other than the 12th man, he's having a season off after birth of first child).

Heard on the grapevine late last night that A turf will on this week, just a whisper.

Same info I have. A Turf definitely on. I suggest checking the grounds you are supposed to play on as we have had a change to Morris reserve for our game against St Andrews.

So I assume the West Coburg / Pacco game is also re-located.

12.30 start.

putabellintheball;367623 said:
Same info I have. A Turf definitely on. I suggest checking the grounds you are supposed to play on as we have had a change to Morris reserve for our game against St Andrews.

So I assume the West Coburg / Pacco game is also re-located.

12.30 start.
The West Coburg/Pacoe game is at raeburn according to fixture and at last look at pitch i doubt they would change that, Pitch is looking good.

3D-503;367647 said:
The West Coburg/Pacoe game is at raeburn according to fixture and at last look at pitch i doubt they would change that, Pitch is looking good.

Ah yeah - mycricket had defaulted to B grade fixture.

Bit of rain forecasted for Friday but Saturday looks good.

We might get on the park this week.

My tips round 1

Merlo v Sunshine YCW. Merlo will be too good

Glenroy v Sunshine Heights. Glenroy easily Parker 60 odd runs

West Coburg v Pascoe Vale. West Easy Pascoe are just s***

Socials v Barkly street. Dont care really no danger of playing finals for both these sides But Socials

St Mary's v St Francis. Great game game of the round draw cant pick

ST Andrews v East Coburg. Andrews with smoke taking 4 for to start the season.

Early market for flag :

Glenroy 5/2 eq fav
St Andrews 5/2 eq fav
St Francis 5/1
West Coburg 6/1
Sunshine Heights 8/1
St Mary's 10/1
Merlo 20/1
Barkly St 33/1
Pascoe Vale 50/1
Socials 100/1
East Coburg (Not Applicable)
Sunshine YCW (Not Applicable)

Smoke My Bat;367495 said:
Just to quell all the rumours, yes we have lost a few experienced players. you are correct about Adams and Barker. Portelli is only missing the first 3 games and Pas ( Triulcio ) has been injured but is expected to be right for if not Rnd 1 then Rnd 2. The other loss is Ben Whiteside ( tuney ) who has given cricket away.. A couple of others are still yet to make their commitment to play this season. But as always at West we have some very talented youngsters keen to play and this will give them the chance to experience cricket in A grade.

how is ivan rakic going at west? very handy on the field but more off the field.

3D-503;367215 said:
Im sure glad KS has gone to st andrews watch all the trouble that club will now have...

deep deep deep down ken is a great bloke good family man was a major sponsor at pascoe vale might be the reason so many have followed him not just kids they have also pick up their best and fairest from the twos and looks like more will follow

black cobra;367792 said:
deep deep deep down ken is a great bloke good family man was a major sponsor at pascoe vale might be the reason so many have followed him not just kids they have also pick up their best and fairest from the twos and looks like more will follow

After what has been posted on here, k.s. sounds like a bit of a tossa a middle age egotistical short person syndrome [chip on shoulder] everyone seems to have a negitive opinion of him except the blind folded St andy crew. about a year ago some one from out keilor way hung poo,poo on him too not sure if it was, east, park regions or what, so black cobra, do tell... who else is going to follow ? let us know, my Cpt Coach would like to know so we can trump St andy's and Pascoe, wouldn't mind picking up some of pascoe Jnrs or Snrs for ourselves. snrs more so as i reckon it's a ***** act to denegrate a clubs jnr section, snrs - cool, but leave the kids alone... wonder why he hasn't responded to any of these posts, if you've been observent over the last couple of years, you can figure out who's who in the zoo... Glad my club hasn't got the problem these two have, we have to many sides in our club to let this situation get this far, good luck to you both, haha

Komodo Dragon;367750 said:
Early market for flag :

Glenroy 5/2 eq fav
St Andrews 5/2 eq fav
St Francis 5/1
West Coburg 6/1
Sunshine Heights 8/1
St Mary's 10/1
Merlo 20/1
Barkly St 33/1
Pascoe Vale 50/1
Socials 100/1

Give me 15's for St Mary's Glenroy Grand final and i'll have $100 on it

Komodo Dragon;367750 said:
Early market for flag :

Glenroy 5/2 eq fav
St Andrews 5/2 eq fav
St Francis 5/1
West Coburg 6/1
Sunshine Heights 8/1
St Mary's 10/1
Merlo 20/1
Barkly St 33/1
Pascoe Vale 50/1
Socials 100/1

Have St Mary's lost some players this year? Because no body seems to rate them. They have been unlucky in the last 2 finals campaigns and could nearly have easily had 2 flags, but people seem to keep writing them off. They have been consistent performers for 2 seasons and are reliable with the ball and OK with the bat. Your thoughts guys?

eureka;367829 said:
After what has been posted on here, k.s. sounds like a bit of a tossa a middle age egotistical short person syndrome [chip on shoulder] everyone seems to have a negitive opinion of him except the blind folded St andy crew. about a year ago some one from out keilor way hung poo,poo on him too not sure if it was, east, park regions or what, so black cobra, do tell... who else is going to follow ? let us know, my Cpt Coach would like to know so we can trump St andy's and Pascoe, wouldn't mind picking up some of pascoe Jnrs or Snrs for ourselves. snrs more so as i reckon it's a ***** act to denegrate a clubs jnr section, snrs - cool, but leave the kids alone... wonder why he hasn't responded to any of these posts, if you've been observent over the last couple of years, you can figure out who's who in the zoo... Glad my club hasn't got the problem these two have, we have to many sides in our club to let this situation get this far, good luck to you both, haha

I do not get involved in club politics. As far as if I know who is leaving Pascoe Vale.... That I do not know and if I did I would not mention it on a chat room... I just go and watch then leave pretty much straight away. one thing I will say, as far as ks is concerned, if he does or doesn't respond that's entirely upto him

GeeCeeCee;367935 said:
Have St Mary's lost some players this year? Because no body seems to rate them. They have been unlucky in the last 2 finals campaigns and could nearly have easily had 2 flags, but people seem to keep writing them off. They have been consistent performers for 2 seasons and are reliable with the ball and OK with the bat. Your thoughts guys?

As far as my mail goes they have lost Kingy who batted at 5 for them but not a great season. Cashie there opening Bowler went to NWCA back to his old club. I still rate them just depends on how there batsmen travel through out the year they need Brad Brownie Harry and Zimmer to have a good season for them to be competitve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back