MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

MVViper;378756 said:
Justabystander - those two questions mate - you might as well have asked how long is a piece of string? Give us some suggestions make, don't just spell out the problem.

Umpires need to enjoy the actual act of umpiring, the involvement in the game, the banter with the players. If the players embrace the umpires, respect them at all times and show some empathy towards them then hey, you might find that more umps keep umpiring and you might start to attract ex players etc.

It all comes down to the players and in turn the clubs that they represent - how about bringing in a proactive umpiring policy throughout the association with some really good club incentives for meeting and exceeding expectations.

Start this week with all players shaking the Umps hand before play & and after play and then have a beer.

The Viper

I think you will find that most captains do this and there is not reason why the players should not.

I think it is a good start to letting the umps know that they are needed, respected and wanted.

weapons05/06;378255 said:
just a quick 1 lads how is east coburg going this year......

cheers.......

Weapons we are struggling this year.

Essentially it comes down to players being available.

We could fill 2 A grade teams from the blokes that have left.......

A grade players are hard to come by at any time let alone when you REALLY need them to make the difference.

What I can say is that the lads try hard every week and the young guys are getting some good experience.

It has been discussed on this thread a few weeks ago.

If you and or anyone else has got players looking to have a game and get a real opportunity then please by all means send them down.

Train hard / Play hard and the results will come.

Good Luck to all on the weekend.

putabellintheball;378795 said:
Weapons we are struggling this year.

Essentially it comes down to players being available.

We could fill 2 A grade teams from the blokes that have left.......

A grade players are hard to come by at any time let alone when you REALLY need them to make the difference.

What I can say is that the lads try hard every week and the young guys are getting some good experience.

It has been discussed on this thread a few weeks ago.

If you and or anyone else has got players looking to have a game and get a real opportunity then please by all means send them down.

Train hard / Play hard and the results will come.

Good Luck to all on the weekend.

kids,train hard,play hard your on the right track.........at least some 1 has got some trams and trains........

cheers

bomber27;377610 said:
Ok, thought I would let you guys know that the Umpires Association is not happy with some of the posts that have been put on this forum. They have put in an official complaint to the Association and have said they would follow this up if they believe any of thier members have been defamed. The Executive totally agrees with them and will support them.
As you should be aware everyones Big Cricket user name can be tracked quite easily.
If it ever gets to this stage (hope it doesn't), then I can gaurantee you that the player hiding behind their user name will have a very long rest from playing cricket.
As has been stated before, we are very short on umpires and just can't afford to lose anymore and plus this doesn't help to recruit them.
So lets forget about the umpires and discuss whats going on between the teams and players out on the park.

Cheers
Bomber 27 Before you get on here and tell all players to respect umpires you should first talk to your team. I do not think umpires like being told that I am going to kill you, and that person had to be held back by most of your team. The player in question should be on report and miss several weeks. Remember respect the umpires as they are human and if they make a mistake or not they will not change their minds.

My Captain said:
Bomber 27 Before you get on here and tell all players to respect umpires you should first talk to your team. I do not think umpires like being told that I am going to kill you, and that person had to be held back by most of your team. The player in question should be on report and miss several weeks. Remember respect the umpires as they are human and if they make a mistake or not they will not change their minds.

There is no player on report, so I will put this down as one of the dumbest quotes ever to hit big cricket. The game was played in great spirit and hard by both clubs, so don't disrespect your own club with comments like this. If the umpire had a problem or heard something he didn't like, then lay the report.
Yes, emotions did hit fever pitch after the game, but thats for the cricket field and not for here.
I'm extremely proud of the way our guys handled themselves in the circumstances. If our club got the ruling wrong then so be it.

the roomer around the grounds on satday was that one of the pipe boys was showing off a zimmer haircut..any truth

bomber27;379016 said:
there is no player on report, so i will put this down as one of the dumbest quotes ever to hit big cricket. The game was played in great spirit and hard by both clubs, so don't disrespect your own club with comments like this. If the umpire had a problem or heard something he didn't like, then lay the report.
Yes, emotions did hit fever pitch after the game, but thats for the cricket field and not for here.
I'm extremely proud of the way our guys handled themselves in the circumstances. If our club got the ruling wrong then so be it.

h/l

bomber27;379016 said:
There is no player on report, so I will put this down as one of the dumbest quotes ever to hit big cricket. The game was played in great spirit and hard by both clubs, so don't disrespect your own club with comments like this. If the umpire had a problem or heard something he didn't like, then lay the report.
Bomber27 If you read my post properly I did not say there was a report, I said the player should be on report. So before you get on here and have a go at me, please read things properly. By the way if you are proud of the way your players handled themselves,(threatening to kill and wanting to punch the umpire up and having to be held back by several players) and you being on the comp board god help the comp and the umpires. Like I said in my post before if an umpire makes a mistake he will not change it, looks like your club has put in a dispute so it should be left up to the board, and not taken out on the umpire there and then, that is all I am saying.

My Captain said:
Bomber27 If you read my post properly I did not say there was a report, I said the player should be on report. So before you get on here and have a go at me, please read things properly. By the way if you are proud of the way your players handled themselves,(threatening to kill and wanting to punch the umpire up and having to be held back by several players) and you being on the comp board god help the comp and the umpires. Like I said in my post before if an umpire makes a mistake he will not change it, looks like your club has put in a dispute so it should be left up to the board, and not taken out on the umpire there and then, that is all I am saying.

Bit of passion between the old rivals, rumour has it the dispute is about overs bowled in the day. any1 willing 2 put money on the ump being right? & the other matter if correct & no report laid no more should be said. Merlo are smart enough 2 lay down the law to the person involved if any threatening words were used. Early call but both sides should make finals.

Other games.
Heights should have got 10 points, Well done Easts
Glenroy 8 down did enough 2 have early day. bit close though
Vales, pathetic lost on the ground & at the bar. well done Marys
St.Francis, going along swimmingly, being very quiet
Barkly, what happened Jason? cant chase 170 going under 3 an over, had the overs to get them

16cans;379226 said:
Other games.
Barkly, what happened Jason? cant chase 170 going under 3 an over, had the overs to get them

It was very disappointing not being able to chase down 170. We had a reasonable start however a couple of wickets down and we shut up shop. The lower order made a dash for it but ran out of overs.

My Captain said:
Bomber27 If you read my post properly I did not say there was a report, I said the player should be on report. So before you get on here and have a go at me, please read things properly. By the way if you are proud of the way your players handled themselves,(threatening to kill and wanting to punch the umpire up and having to be held back by several players) and you being on the comp board god help the comp and the umpires. Like I said in my post before if an umpire makes a mistake he will not change it, looks like your club has put in a dispute so it should be left up to the board, and not taken out on the umpire there and then, that is all I am saying.[/QUOT

Double standards they apply for many people when it suits them.
At my old club we would not stand for sh1t like that, we liked to be pricks all the time.

jsonnn;379244 said:
It was very disappointing not being able to chase down 170. We had a reasonable start however a couple of wickets down and we shut up shop. The lower order made a dash for it but ran out of overs.

Disappointing, are you serious????
Lower order made a dash for it!!!!
Shut up shop!!
OMG WTF, Ive heard it all now.

jsonnn;379244 said:

Disappointing, are you serious????
Lower order made a dash for it!!!!
Shut up shop!!
OMG WTF, Ive heard it all now.

Very even comp this year I believe, highlighted by Pascoe Vale losing and also Glenroy coming very close to losing to West Coburg even though they had the better conditions as most teams batting this week did.

16cans;379226 said:
Bit of passion between the old rivals, rumour has it the dispute is about overs bowled in the day. any1 willing 2 put money on the ump being right? & the other matter if correct & no report laid no more should be said. Merlo are smart enough 2 lay down the law to the person involved if any threatening words were used. Early call but both sides should make finals.

Other games.
Yes i believe the dispute is over overs and I think the umpire got it right, I believe that a side has to bowl 75 overs in the time of a days cricket, so as we got bowled out early the first day we had to bowl 75 overs at the time we started bowling the first week. Then have to bowl to 6 o'clock the time of the end of play. I think we were 1 short at the time of when we started bowling the week before then there was time wasted arguing about the overs then when the arguing was over we got to bowl two more overs in the time till the end of play. So I believe that St Andrews should still have the win. Also even if the umpire did get it wrong I believe that the comp can not change a games outcome on maybes and the umpire decision should stand anyway. That is only what I think but as I am not on any rules committee I would not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back