MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

MVViper;380039 said:
Hey "pud" - is that short for Pudding? i see you've been grazing in a good paddock of late. No need to name names with the Umps mate - not good form

you've been running out of puff a bit lately - concentrate on the fitness son instead of taking cheap shots at the tonester !!!!!

MVViper..PLEASE!! not good form..IF i said the ump between st marys and glenroy was not upto scratch most people wouldve of know who i was talking about..more than anything..i was more frustrated with the MMVCA's inability to recruit umpires, espech when the NWCA can recruit so many and there stocks are so high..so MVViper..if you have any affilitation with the league PLEASE help them in recruiting umpires..and by the way.. i get along with umpires no worries and more than happy to have a beer and chat with them after the game..its great too see!!

mmvca;380342 said:
i just read that!!

Sunny YCW 126 off 77 overs. St Marys 1/24 off 9.

126 off 77. Marys @ the bar by t
Glenroy - early day
Vales - have enough
Wests/St.Francis - 16 wickets 136 runs in a day, must have been a great deck
St.Andrews - another with early day
Merlo - should have enough but will be rolled 4 batting

16cans;380480 said:
Glenroy - early day
Vales - have enough

surely u dont look at the scores heights would have to get bowled out for one the lowest score the have got this year if u are corect boyt this one

pelican player;376424 said:
and you have won how many? don't worry about us, yes we are winless so far this year ,but have been in winning positions in every game bar the current one. i was talking in general about the matting comp not just pacco vale united.

Pelican, Long time no speak. How are you my friend??? How is the season travelling? My season isn't too bad our teams are all competitive and I must say really enjoying the clubrooms and ground. Thanks for the donation.
Keep up the good work... By the way where are you guys playing now days? I would like to send a x-mas present over your way....
Have a merry christmas and a safe new year ...

FoPud you get on here and seem to tlk about everyone else and how bad they look or how bad they are going why dont you focus on yourself and i think you will find yourself in the nets more often or even so sleeping in a net best of luck FoPud you need it

justoutsideoff;380493 said:
surely u dont look at the scores heights would have to get bowled out for one the lowest score the have got this year if u are corect boyt this one

Very disappointing day for us with the bat. But, I will say that its been a very long time since I have played on a ground with so much grass. The outfield was extremely slow.
Saying this, we will need to bowl and field very well.
Two hundred on this ground is like three hundred on any other ground in the comp.

16cans;380480 said:
Glenroy - early day
Vales - have enough

Not if Pattcholi unleashes his thunder bolts,faced him a couple of years
ago does he still bowl smoke:D

Fresh_Prince;380516 said:
Pelican, Long time no speak. How are you my friend??? How is the season travelling? My season isn't too bad our teams are all competitive and I must say really enjoying the clubrooms and ground. Thanks for the donation.
Keep up the good work... By the way where are you guys playing now days? I would like to send a x-mas present over your way....
Have a merry christmas and a safe new year ...

From what I saw a couple of Sundays back at McDonald as a neutral observer your club is going nowhere fast. Some of the shots your 1st XI top-order were playing against a 2nd XI bowling attack were absolutely disgraceful and lacked respect for the opposition. Unfortunately this has been the trend at Haig for a number of years and goes a long way to explaining why you have been a rabble in A Turf. It appears as though a certain curly-haired fellow must be your batting coach, with the way your 'guns' were wielding the willow.

I'm struggling to work out why the council would agree to all the works at Mutton when Haig and Northern Saints will both fold within 3 years. Geez I hope Pacco United have the last laugh :D

century scorer;380537 said:

Not if Pattcholi unleashes his thunder bolts,faced him a couple of years
ago does he still bowl smoke:D

Hopefully he bowls quicker than they bat. Was hard to keep the boys awake on the weekend in the field with the negative batting from Sunshine YCW from 1.30 onwards. With the only goal St Marys had to work to was breaking Pat's record of 42 overs at tea the highlight of the first session. And then after tea only having to bowl 25 overs seeing who could waste the most time in between bowls was interesting.

extracover;380565 said:
From what I saw a couple of Sundays back at McDonald as a neutral observer your club is going nowhere fast. Some of the shots your 1st XI top-order were playing against a 2nd XI bowling attack were absolutely disgraceful and lacked respect for the opposition. Unfortunately this has been the trend at Haig for a number of years and goes a long way to explaining why you have been a rabble in A Turf. It appears as though a certain curly-haired fellow must be your batting coach, with the way your 'guns' were wielding the willow.

I'm struggling to work out why the council would agree to all the works at Mutton when Haig and Northern Saints will both fold within 3 years. Geez I hope Pacco United have the last laugh :D

I take it you are referring to Mark Winkle??? He has done well over the years, so I wouldn't have a crack at him mate. The man is in his mid 40 and captaining our 2's and helping out the club. We have 3 junior sides and 4 senior sides, and things are building off the park. Our 2nds are full of kids, which is a great experience for them. We just need to weed out some of the old culture but that may take a while.
Thanks for your concern and I also hope that Pacco United have a laugh as they are are the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. I have a feeling that Haig will be around longer then Pacco United. Should of taken up that Merger when it was offered....
Merry x-mas to you extra cover and lets hope that you ain't playing with our 3rds next year..

Fresh_Prince;380599 said:
I take it you are referring to Mark Winkle??? He has done well over the years, so I wouldn't have a crack at him mate. The man is in his mid 40 and captaining our 2's and helping out the club. We have 3 junior sides and 4 senior sides, and things are building off the park. Our 2nds are full of kids, which is a great experience for them. We just need to weed out some of the old culture but that may take a while.
Thanks for your concern and I also hope that Pacco United have a laugh as they are are the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. I have a feeling that Haig will be around longer then Pacco United. Should of taken up that Merger when it was offered....
Merry x-mas to you extra cover and lets hope that you ain't playing with our 3rds next year..

YOU ARE A GOOSE! YOU KNOW JACK SH$T ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH PASCOE VALE UNITED THIS YEAR.

and as for us being the LAUGHING STOCK of the competition. are you for real?
quick ? for you fresh pansy! can you you name the club for me that just cause they lost a couple of players decided to drop to a lower grade of cricket to glory hunt instead of trying to GUTS it out in the grade that they were in the previous year? we at pascoe vale united never take or have took the soft and weak option and even though this year we have struggled to get players on the park for 2 weeks in a row(which we knew was going to be the case at the start of the year) we still maintained that we would stay in the premier grade in non-turf cricket and still put in 100% win lose or draw and unlike a certain weak as pi$$ club that we all know , think oh no lets hide away in the 2nd grade and try and be competitive .
as for thanking us for mutton res. your welcome. our rooms at wallace res are actually quite good and a few clubs that we have played against this year have said that the rooms are quite nice aswell, so you don't need to concern yourself with how we are travelling, we will still be around for years to come. as for you thinking that we should of taken the merger when we were offered it, well as i said earlier we at PASCOE VALE UNITED always have and always will stand and fight in the highest grade we can weather we win ,lose or draw and won't shy and run scared from teams that have more talent than us. (something we proved the other week when we defeated the top team marby park) with 6 regular A grade players missing. and 1 other player breaking his jaw in week one ,but still getting out of his hospial bed 2 days before week 2 to still turn up and play on the saturday(thats cause we play for the club ,and don't give a flying fk weather we are playing on the mcg,mutton or anyway else) ,so why would we want to merge with a team that at the FIRST SIGHT of not being as competive as they would like take he easy option of running away from A turf and playing 2nds cricket? i hope this helps fresh pansy!!!!!! merry xmas to you too

pelican player;380620 said:
YOU ARE A GOOSE! YOU KNOW JACK SH$T ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH PASCOE VALE UNITED THIS YEAR.

and as for us being the LAUGHING STOCK of the competition. are you for real?
quick ? for you fresh pansy! can you you name the club for me that just cause they lost a couple of players decided to drop to a lower grade of cricket to glory hunt instead of trying to GUTS it out in the grade that they were in the previous year? we at pascoe vale united never take or have took the soft and weak option and even though this year we have struggled to get players on the park for 2 weeks in a row(which we knew was going to be the case at the start of the year) we still maintained that we would stay in the premier grade in non-turf cricket and still put in 100% win lose or draw and unlike a certain weak as pi$$ club that we all know , think oh no lets hide away in the 2nd grade and try and be competitive .
as for thanking us for mutton res. your welcome. our rooms at wallace res are actually quite good and a few clubs that we have played against this year have said that the rooms are quite nice aswell, so you don't need to concern yourself with how we are travelling, we will still be around for years to come. as for you thinking that we should of taken the merger when we were offered it, well as i said earlier we at PASCOE VALE UNITED always have and always will stand and fight in the highest grade we can weather we win ,lose or draw and won't shy and run scared from teams that have more talent than us. (something we proved the other week when we defeated the top team marby park) with 6 regular A grade players missing. and 1 other player breaking his jaw in week one ,but still getting out of his hospial bed 2 days before week 2 to still turn up and play on the saturday(thats cause we play for the club ,and don't give a flying fk weather we are playing on the mcg,mutton or anyway else) ,so why would we want to merge with a team that at the FIRST SIGHT of not being as competive as they would like take he easy option of running away from A turf and playing 2nds cricket? i hope this helps fresh pansy!!!!!! merry xmas to you too

That's real nice Pelican & it's Fresh_prince... I hope you guys can show that type of courage next season against our 3rds... Might be an interesting game.
How many season sides have you guys got? So your rooms are "quite nice", oh how cute.. Maybe I can come down for a beer and we can be all 'nice' together...

Fresh_Prince;380622 said:
That's real nice Pelican & it's Fresh_prince... I hope you guys can show that type of courage next season against our 3rds... Might be an interesting game.
How many season sides have you guys got? So your rooms are "quite nice", oh how cute.. Maybe I can come down for a beer and we can be all 'nice' together...

SORRY FRESH PANSY( oops i did it again). all i got to say is BRING IT ON. unless you guys lose a couple more players and decide to drop down and hide again.
We have 2 sides which is all we need.

pelican player;380624 said:
SORRY FRESH PANSY( oops i did it again). all i got to say is BRING IT ON. unless you guys lose a couple more players and decide to drop down and hide again.
We have 2 sides which is all we need.

So you guys have 2 sides... I think you guys might aswell have a shed or a large van for club rooms, you might be able to save $$$. All you have to do is pay petrol and you'll be right... Nah our 2nds are playing in C-TURF. Turf you know the stuff that real cricket is played on. You know the stuff that Mutton reserve has now....
Why don't you guys try you luck on TURF, since your a big and passionate club at Pacco...

Fresh_Prince;380626 said:
So you guys have 2 sides... I think you guys might aswell have a shed or a large van for club rooms, you might be able to save $$$. All you have to do is pay petrol and you'll be right... Nah our 2nds are playing in C-TURF. Turf you know the stuff that real cricket is played on. You know the stuff that Mutton reserve has now....
Why don't you guys try you luck on TURF, since your a big and passionate club at Pacco...

nah mate ,we would rather play every week! and i will make sure that i mention your comments about with only 2 sides we should have a shed only to the socials cricket club who by the way only have 2 sides aswell, but at least they have a bit of ticka and stay in a turf and have a go.
just wondering where all your teams are positioned on there ladders at the moment? for such a strong club are any of them in the 4 i wonder????????????????????

pelican player;380627 said:
nah mate ,we would rather play every week! and i will make sure that i mention your comments about with only 2 sides we should have a shed only to the socials cricket club who by the way only have 2 sides aswell, but at least they have a bit of ticka and stay in a turf and have a go.
just wondering where all your teams are positioned on there ladders at the moment? for such a strong club are any of them in the 4 i wonder????????????????????

Ask me next week mate, when the games are complete.. Socials, who metioned Socials on here??? This is about Pacco United and Haig.
I believe West Coburg went down to B-Turf a couple of years ago and came back bigger and stronger.
Anyway, I have enjoy my monthly slagging match with you Pelican. Have a safe and merry x-mas and I'll stay in touch in the next couple of months..

Fresh_Prince;380630 said:
Ask me next week mate, when the games are complete.. Socials, who metioned Socials on here??? This is about Pacco United and Haig.
I believe West Coburg went down to B-Turf a couple of years ago and came back bigger and stronger.
Anyway, I have enjoy my monthly slagging match with you Pelican. Have a safe and merry x-mas and I'll stay in touch in the next couple of months..

YOUR REFERENCE TO IF YOU ONLY HAVE 2 SIDES THEN YOU SHOULD BE IN A SHED OR VAN.
going by the scores already for this round i already know the answer anyway. 0.
MERRY XMAS

first slipper;380588 said:
Hopefully he bowls quicker than they bat. Was hard to keep the boys awake on the weekend in the field with the negative batting from Sunshine YCW from 1.30 onwards. With the only goal St Marys had to work to was breaking Pat's record of 42 overs at tea the highlight of the first session. And then after tea only having to bowl 25 overs seeing who could waste the most time in between bowls was interesting.

Well if you had of attacked the stumps and made us play at more balls
that we could reach it might have been a different story.:rolleyes:
Watch this week with the local Sunshine soaking on thursday night
that will wake you up on saturday:D

century scorer;380664 said:
Well if you had of attacked the stumps and made us play at more balls
that we could reach it might have been a different story.:rolleyes:
Watch this week with the local Sunshine soaking on thursday night
that will wake you up on saturday:D

Soak the pitch if that i what you have to do to win a game. As for bowling at the stumps there were 4 wides for the game and 3 came in one over, your guys just didn't know or want to play a shot on a road. Just woundering is your captain still walking laps around the oval or has he stopped after a soft shot to get out. Funny that he has a go in front of everyone at your number 3 bat for playing his shot and then he plays that shot, did anyone say anything to him after that. PS good luck getting the fielding position you want as a bowler this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back