MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

kingkong;393009 said:
well the fella upstairs has def been on your side the last couple of years, just for this weekend i hope his on Merlos side.

I'll except that, but what can anyone do about it.

i just cant belive some blokes on here mostly from st (andrews) sookies wishing a team better then them to lose causethey were not good enough to get to the big game everyone works hard and does there best to get there and if you dont get there then work on it next year on things you need to improve like your manners

i just want to let everyone no that even tho merlo batted like snails the glenroy boys stuck together and toughed it out like a team should then we just came out and showed them what we do.......because thats just what we do:D

blow in;392953 said:
as his face contorts from all the sour grapes stuck in his gob!

Just like 2009 and semi final 2010 glenroy have got on the blower to god this week and told him to hold off on the torrential downpours.

That's the depth of influence down at jp, even god listens. Or so some would have you think.

lol

Headlines;393039 said:
i just cant belive some blokes on here mostly from st (andrews) sookies wishing a team better then them to lose causethey were not good enough to get to the big game everyone works hard and does there best to get there and if you dont get there then work on it next year on things you need to improve like your manners

I am from St Andrews and have no problem with the current system,we have in place for finals and the two most consistant sides for the year are playing in the Grand Final.
The rules have been there when Moses was a pup(new him well)and thats the bottom line.
My problem is the two issues that happened prior to the Finals and during the finals.
The first was dealt with by the tribunal properly,but the leadup before and how it came to fruition was blatanly wrong.
To hear certain people during and after admit in front of independant witnesses that they mis-interpreted the truth is outright wrong and will never be forgiven from my part. As i said in an earlier post,you make your bed and have to sleep in it.
The second issue i have is with a certain person who again blatanly didnt do what we would call the best, in the interests of the game.
Would not made any difference to the result but leaves a bad taste in your mouth,from someone who presumably should know better.
These comments are my own and are in no way reflective on anyone else.
I hope the grand final does play out the weekend and the better team wins.
Back to the cricket,good news we have our two one day sides in the Grand final with a big chance and our 2nds have fought back very well and are right in their grand final.

I have had my say and will not comment on this any more but everyone had plenty to say about us,maybe the truth might make people think a little more.

F.O.S

F.O.S;393113 said:
I am from St Andrews and have no problem with the current system,we have in place for finals and the two most consistant sides for the year are playing in the Grand Final.
The rules have been there when Moses was a pup(new him well)and thats the bottom line.
My problem is the two issues that happened prior to the Finals and during the finals.
The first was dealt with by the tribunal properly,but the leadup before and how it came to fruition was blatanly wrong.
To hear certain people during and after admit in front of independant witnesses that they mis-interpreted the truth is outright wrong and will never be forgiven from my part. As i said in an earlier post,you make your bed and have to sleep in it.
The second issue i have is with a certain person who again blatanly didnt do what we would call the best, in the interests of the game.
Would not made any difference to the result but leaves a bad taste in your mouth,from someone who presumably should know better.
These comments are my own and are in no way reflective on anyone else.
I hope the grand final does play out the weekend and the better team wins.
Back to the cricket,good news we have our two one day sides in the Grand final with a big chance and our 2nds have fought back very well and are right in their grand final.

I have had my say and will not comment on this any more but everyone had plenty to say about us,maybe the truth might make people think a little more.

F.O.S

F.O.S, totally agree with what you said re: the current system in place - they have been there for years, people need to deal with it!

Your second comment re: the issue between St Andrew's and Glenroy has been put to bed. As you said, a lot of people have made their comments on that matter; let's hope all involved can move on and not hold grudges, we're all adults aren't we?

Good luck to your one dayers and the 2's this weekend. The weather (as it stands) predicts 28 (60% chance of 1-5mm of rain) for Friday, Saturday is 25 (50% chance of less than 1mm) and Sunday is predicted to be 21 (with an 80% chance of 5-10mm). Should be an interesting weekend of cricket for all levels!

Good luck!! ;)

paperboy;392503 said:
well guys its anybodys game i think glenroys young guns will play a big part in this one.. Well done to my team mates who stuck together all year also to merlo...... Just happy to say the game will be played in good spirit.. Merlo good bunch of blokes but not enough exp. In finals for me glenroy played alot of finals last 6yrs glenroy to win for back2bac good luck to everyone parker to lead from the front and bring it home

god paperboy your knees must be dirty!!!!

I have been wondering if the current game position would have been different if the grass on Raeburn was cut for cricket and the ground was not being protected for football?

Or even played at a different ground completely.

Merlo are stroke players while Glenroy are hitters.

Don't read sloggers - they are just stronger hitters.

Not taking anything away from glenroys bowling attack who have bowled really well.

Has Merlo been a little hard done by here considering that none of the games this year have been played on a ground like that?

Just posing a question.

putabellintheball;393327 said:
I have been wondering if the current game position would have been different if the grass on Raeburn was cut for cricket and the ground was not being protected for football?

Or even played at a different ground completely.

Merlo are stroke players while Glenroy are hitters.

Don't read sloggers - they are just stronger hitters.

Not taking anything away from glenroys bowling attack who have bowled really well.

Has Merlo been a little hard done by here considering that none of the games this year have been played on a ground like that?

Just posing a question.

Well where do you want to play it?
Play it at the ground with the best facilities and the best surface and wicket!
Which ground ticks all the boxes?
Not too many out there!

Reggie Jackson;393383 said:
Well where do you want to play it?
Play it at the ground with the best facilities and the best surface and wicket!
Which ground ticks all the boxes?
Not too many out there!

I dont know Reggie but the question was not questioning Raeburn (which miracously was available 1 week after we were told it was not) it was posing the question if the ground was more suited to cricket and hence Merlo's bats who play differently to Glenroy - would the game balance be different?

I dont remember Raeburn's grass being like that last year.

We all know the decks in our comp can be good if the council put the time in - they dont so lets not go there.

I think at this stage the Roys are in front but if Merlo can get a couple early - the pressure might be put on the middle order.

I am enjoying watching both these teams play. Great blokes on both teams and it is a shame one has to go home this weekend empty handed.

Good luck to both teams.

paperboy;393391 said:
hey paul doesnt matter how dirty they are im still playing this weekend are you...?:confused:

lol, what an interesting comment, sums you up to a tee............what you dont realise champ is that in life in the real world your actions follow you and when you do something you should actually want to stand by your actions.

This has nothing to do with cricket. Its called charachter. Cricket has winners and losers, that is the game, and i would rather be known as a hot hea who may step over the line oiccassionally (as paul may have done) than what a few a you boys have become.

At least puch him in the face (not that you boys would face to face anyway) after you boys knifed him rather than piss in his pocket and say the club forced you boys into it. One day you will grow and realise what a c%%k you are.

I would back newts 100% and even though he may have stuffed up when people speak to him off the ground they would call him a great bloke.

I hate writing something like this in gf time as it takes focus off the game of crciket. I actually mean good luck to both sides and i hope the best side wins and if it is glenroy cant wait for the sts to knock em over next year.

LOLL;393601 said:
At least puch him in the face (not that you boys would face to face anyway) after you boys knifed him rather than piss in his pocket and say the club forced you boys into it. One day you will grow and realise what a c%%k you are.

I would back newts 100% and even though he may have stuffed up when people speak to him off the ground they would call him a great bloke.

I hate writing something like this in gf time as it takes focus off the game of crciket. I actually mean good luck to both sides and i hope the best side wins and if it is glenroy cant wait for the sts to knock em over next year.

More dribble. I thought everyone had moved on from this world changing event. Unfortunately, there still seems to be a few on here who wish to play my d@!# is bigger than yours. Move on. Life's short.

Back to the cricket.

Interesting comments from putabellintheball.

Not sure whether it would have changed the shape of the match greatly but it may have. If Merlynston were able to score quicker earlier perhaps their middle order may have been able to capitalise on the start. They will tell you that the loss of early wickets changed their focus to consolidation so I'll put that down to good bowling rather than a slow outfield.

On the state of the outfield, yes it's lush but there still needs to be a willingness to score. Merlynston didn't show a lot of that whereas Glenroy did. In their short innings so far they have been willing to go. And I'm guessing that on a normal outfield those 3 boundries hit by Parker may have increased considerably. So would Glenroy's 69 have been 89 or more at stumps.

The first 10 overs this Saturday will tell the story. If the bowlers can break through early, put pressure on the middle order, then game on. If not I think Glenroy may be on the road to their third premiership in 6 seasons.

Bobby Dazzler;393630 said:
More dribble. I thought everyone had moved on from this world changing event. Unfortunately, there still seems to be a few on here who wish to play my d@!# is bigger than yours. Move on. Life's short.

Back to the cricket.

Interesting comments from putabellintheball.

Not sure whether it would have changed the shape of the match greatly but it may have. If Merlynston were able to score quicker earlier perhaps their middle order may have been able to capitalise on the start. They will tell you that the loss of early wickets changed their focus to consolidation so I'll put that down to good bowling rather than a slow outfield.

On the state of the outfield, yes it's lush but there still needs to be a willingness to score. Merlynston didn't show a lot of that whereas Glenroy did. In their short innings so far they have been willing to go. And I'm guessing that on a normal outfield those 3 boundries hit by Parker may have increased considerably. So would Glenroy's 69 have been 89 or more at stumps.

The first 10 overs this Saturday will tell the story. If the bowlers can break through early, put pressure on the middle order, then game on. If not I think Glenroy may be on the road to their third premiership in 6 seasons.

Thats a pretty valid point. Glenroy certainly came out with a goal in mind to pile on some quick runs and it has worked so far. Merlo need those early wickets. If Parker gets settled - he could be in for a big one.

LOLL dnt get me wrong i think paul is a great bloke and i think we play cricket like each other.. Were both bowlers and hate losing he wears hes heart on his sleeve every game and is the only reason st andrews have gone as good as they have thats my thought anyway... good luck on the weekend to merlo and glenroy..

Heard on the weekend that sunshine heights have approached Dave McKay from essendon. (yes clints brother) lol on a possible player coach role, just wondering if anyone else has started there recruitment drive yet. i know we have 3 or 4 to interview next week with the fos just putting the fine print together now!!!;)

Sainters_3_Peat;393916 said:
Heard on the weekend that sunshine heights have approached Dave McKay from essendon. (yes clints brother) lol on a possible player coach role, just wondering if anyone else has started there recruitment drive yet. i know we have 3 or 4 to interview next week with the fos just putting the fine print together now!!!;)

McKay is captain-coaching Brunswick I think you'll find

My opinion Merlo cost themselves this grand final by batting like the way they did, Being in trouble so early in the game they would of been better off having a swing late sat and scoring as much as possible and if they got out they lose 1st innings which they will anyway and then they will have a decent timeframe to win on 2nd innings, where as now they have to take 20 wickets against 1 of the best batting sides in the comp not impossible but Merlo dont have the attack to do so.

As for the ground condition the ground is great and yes the ball is travelling slow along the deck but there is more space in the air. But as a cricketer wouldn't you realise that if your not scoring runs along the ground be more aggresive or at least push for more singles where as Merlo more than happy to play for time, MAYBE just MAYBE they are doing raindances as i type.;)

without knowing the facts i would think dav mckay would by pass this comp..still playing district ones for the majority of the year..would need armaguard each week too help him take home his nice lil pay pack to play at sunshine heights!!!!

(Hit 4 6) if merlo were doing a raindance for the week it may be working..just started raining in g/park..covers not down yet!!

also, sainters 3 peat..any names or clubs these blokes use are interviewing?? are these signs that some blokes are moving on from your club?? retirements??

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back