MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Hit 4 6;393924 said:
My opinion Merlo cost themselves this grand final by batting like the way they did, Being in trouble so early in the game they would of been better off having a swing late sat and scoring as much as possible and if they got out they lose 1st innings which they will anyway and then they will have a decent timeframe to win on 2nd innings, where as now they have to take 20 wickets against 1 of the best batting sides in the comp not impossible but Merlo dont have the attack to do so.

As for the ground condition the ground is great and yes the ball is travelling slow along the deck but there is more space in the air. But as a cricketer wouldn't you realise that if your not scoring runs along the ground be more aggresive or at least push for more singles where as Merlo more than happy to play for time, MAYBE just MAYBE they are doing raindances as i type.;)

Are you serious?:confused:
Have a swing late and get as many as posible?:confused:
To win premierships you have to bat for as long as you can!
Not get bowled out for 200 in 40 overs!
Im sure Cameron White didnt say that to Wade and Hastings??????

Maybe Merlo just werent/ aren't good enough?
Woods' excellent season aside, they seemed to be a good ordinary side!
The reigning premiers are exactly that for a reason!

Reggie Jackson;393961 said:
Are you serious?:confused:
Have a swing late and get as many as posible?:confused:
To win premierships you have to bat for as long as you can!
Not get bowled out for 200 in 40 overs!
Im sure Cameron White didnt say that to Wade and Hastings??????

Maybe Merlo just werent/ aren't good enough?
Woods' excellent season aside, they seemed to be a good ordinary side!
The reigning premiers are exactly that for a reason!

Reggie, if they did make 200 in 40 overs, they would still be in the game. 150 off 127 overs pretty much cancels you out of winning. Glenroy now have the luxury of batting for as long as the want once they pass the runs.

Saying that batting as long as you can wins flags, no offence but if they made 350 off 127 then i would agree. But 1 and a bit an over isnt going to win you many games, especially when your up against Head and co.

When we played St Andys a couple of yrs ago, our aggresive style almost won us a flag against the odds. If it wasnt for our aggresive style, we wouldnt have got close to them. Merlo wouldve been much better off getting bowled out for 150 off 40 overs, than 150 off 127 overs.

mmvca;394039 said:
Reggie, if they did make 200 in 40 overs, they would still be in the game. 150 off 127 overs pretty much cancels you out of winning. Glenroy now have the luxury of batting for as long as the want once they pass the runs.

Saying that batting as long as you can wins flags, no offence but if they made 350 off 127 then i would agree. But 1 and a bit an over isnt going to win you many games, especially when your up against Head and co.

When we played St Andys a couple of yrs ago, our aggresive style almost won us a flag against the odds. If it wasnt for our aggresive style, we wouldnt have got close to them. Merlo wouldve been much better off getting bowled out for 150 off 40 overs, than 150 off 127 overs.

Spot on & correct

Opening Batsman;393681 said:
Around What time will the game fininsh on Saturday? Tea Time? Glenroy will win easily

Could be interesting finish 2day. How many overs do Merlo give themselves?
Drizzle or 2 overcast 45/50 maybe if they go @ a good clip @ start.
Parker a must & 1 or 2 others go quick, pressure on 2 bat out day. OMO if this scenario plays out, will back Merlo but logic says will regret snail pace that cost them a flag. Good Luck.

16cans;394341 said:
Parker a must & 1 or 2 others go quick, pressure on 2 bat out day. OMO if this scenario plays out, will back Merlo but logic says will regret snail pace that cost them a flag. Good Luck.

Merlo would prob have to treat it like a 20/20 game today and hope they get enough runs to get glenroy into a situation where they cant win (outright), but they can lose. IMO if they do set them say 150 of 40 overs it will be very tempting to have a crack at, as guys like Head wont hold back i wouldnt think.

But hopefully it goes down to the wire and we get a full days cricket.

16cans;394341 said:

just shows the importance of always trying to play positive cricket, gotta back yourself

If I was captain of merlo id be batting 20 overs as an absolute max and then have a crack at rolling Glenroy. But, just cant see Glenroy folding and losing 10 wickets in 50 odd overs.
Good luck to both sides

jontyfromsa;394348 said:
just shows the importance of always trying to play positive cricket, gotta back yourself

If I was captain of merlo id be batting 20 overs as an absolute max and then have a crack at rolling Glenroy. But, just cant see Glenroy folding and losing 10 wickets in 50 odd overs.
Good luck to both sides

We had them 1/60 in the S/F last year chasing 130 and we shouldve won. They do lose wkts in big clumps sometimes. Yesterday was a perfect example.

mmvca;394353 said:
We had them 1/60 in the S/F last year chasing 130 and we shouldve won. They do lose wkts in big clumps sometimes. Yesterday was a perfect example.

As I could not get to game could someone tell me what has happened this weekend and final result iff possible tonight

F.I.T Cricket;394374 said:
As I could not get to game could someone tell me what has happened this weekend and final result iff possible tonight

Glenroy won by 6 wkts.

FoPud11;393934 said:
without knowing the facts i would think dav mckay would by pass this comp..still playing district ones for the majority of the year..would need armaguard each week too help him take home his nice lil pay pack to play at sunshine heights!!!!

(Hit 4 6) if merlo were doing a raindance for the week it may be working..just started raining in g/park..covers not down yet!!

also, sainters 3 peat..any names or clubs these blokes use are interviewing?? are these signs that some blokes are moving on from your club?? retirements??

cheers

Yes mate we have had three blokes hang the spikes up at the end of this season after what has been a very successful 3 to 4 years for our club. Not naming names on departures or arrivals you will just have to wait and see for yourself..Maybe you would be interested in playing in a winning side???;)

Sainters_3_Peat;393916 said:
Heard on the weekend that sunshine heights have approached Dave McKay from essendon. (yes clints brother) lol on a possible player coach role, just wondering if anyone else has started there recruitment drive yet. i know we have 3 or 4 to interview next week with the fos just putting the fine print together now!!!;)

This is 100% not true he is captain/coach of brunswick subbies.

Congratulations to Glenroy! Very enjoyable game to be involved in and in the end the best side over the 4 days won. Brett Chisholm deserving winner of the best player medal, but young Chris Pipe probably got them over the line after trying to run out the entire Glenroy side. Once again well done and hopefully we will see you next year!

Bobby Dazzler;392094 said:
Ward will be player of the final. Looked under done last year and will be raring to get involved. The best bowler in the comp (no disrespect to the other good ones out there). Gets batsman out (unlike most who wait on the batsman to get themselves out). Great record against Merlyo. Chisolm the dark horse.

Went with Ward as my player of the match but put Chisolm in as a dark horse. I'll claim that one.

He seems to like finals (took 7 against St Marys in last years semi) and bowled some very long spells. A hattrick in a GF would be pretty special.

Well done to him and his team mates. Well done to Pipe (the batsman) for toughing it out yesterday along with King who didn't score much but stuck to the task.

Well done to Merlynston for changing the game on Saturday afternoon. Not quite there but a great effort from a young team with a massive upside.

Congratulations to Glenroy on winning the flag. Deserved winners, and silences all the critics from last year by actually winning the granny.

Well done to the West Coburg 1 dayers who won our first flag for a long time, particulary Limpy, was great to see him get his medal

Now the finals are over next is the presentaion night were we all let our hair down...... JUST LIKE FEV...

Whos going to win what is everyones opinon??????????

justoutsideoff;394739 said:
Now the finals are over next is the presentaion night were we all let our hair down...... JUST LIKE FEV...

Whos going to win what is everyones opinon??????????

If Head brings his tackle bag - he is in for a big night and no one will come close!

Sorry Head....

:p

putabellintheball;394752 said:
If Head brings his tackle bag - he is in for a big night and no one will come close!

Sorry Head....

:p

Yes, yes, good work boys. Very impressed.:p:p

So now onto the some more important things, cricket trips. Where is everyone heading? :)

GeeCeeCee;394857 said:
Yes, yes, good work boys. Very impressed.:p:p

So now onto the some more important things, cricket trips. Where is everyone heading? :)

Head have you been to work yet mate, or still on the p*ss? I'm to scared to ask what the Pipe boys have been doing. See you this weekend!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back