MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

justoutsideoff;406681 said:
time for some predictions for the year ahead.................

premier?????

top 4?????

team to watch?????

OMO

Top 4 - Glenroy, St.Andrews, Heights, Barkly
Flag - Glenroy
Side 2 watch - Socials

Throw in a few others

Spoon - Easts ( sorry boys )

Side u like 2 c in - Marys

Side u like 2 c out - Glenroy

16cans;406737 said:
OMO

Top 4 - Glenroy, St.Andrews, Heights, Barkly
Flag - Glenroy
Side 2 watch - Socials

Throw in a few others

Spoon - Easts ( sorry boys )

Side u like 2 c in - Marys

Side u like 2 c out - Glenroy

Top 4 - Glenroy, St.Andrews, Socials, Barkly
Flag - Glenroy
Side 2 watch - St Mary's

Throw in a few others

Spoon - Haigh (sorry!)

Side u like 2 c in - East (sorry - very biased here lol!)

Side u like 2 c out - not bothered.

Most Improved - St Mary's.

Most promising - Easts.

OK these lists can get out of hand so I might stop there. :D

See on the VTCA website that they are looking at setting up a Sunday one day under 17's futures comp both north and south to introduce juniors to turf cricket which allows up to 3 overage players to play with restrictions for coaching purposes etc. It is open to all Clubs not just VTCA affiliates. Any Clubs interested ??

top 4> glenroy, barkly st, st andrews, heights,

Premier> glenroy but aint we all sick of that.

watch out for socials this year......

justoutsideoff;406681 said:
time for some predictions for the year ahead.................

premier?????

top 4?????

team to watch?????

Premier; unfortunately glenroy

Top 4: Glenroy, Socials, Barkly St, Sunshine

Team to watch: Sunshine, if coached well the most talented club in the comp

Drifter: St Andrews......been ok for a long time but everything come to an end

Big improver: St Marys....cant be that bad 2 years in a row

Spoon: Haig, if they cant make a gf in b grade, no chance to win many games in a grade.

Any truth Ascot Vale have changed their mind & want back in B grade because they dont want 2 play C Turf on Sundays?

? mark with them could be on the money.

12 in A Grade, 13/14 in B Grade & back 2 byes in C Grade.

16cans;407083 said:
Any truth Ascot Vale have changed their mind & want back in B grade because they dont want 2 play C Turf on Sundays?

? mark with them could be on the money.

12 in A Grade, 13/14 in B Grade & back 2 byes in C Grade.

Surely the League wont allow them to change their minds?

If they want to go to C Turf because they think they will struggle, then they realise that they have to play Sundays, then want to go back to B Turf because of it, then i say tough shit. You want to drop a grade so suck it up.

Also apparently Haig delegates were very unhappy at the meeting the other nite about being put back into A Grade?

mmvca;407138 said:

If they want to go to C Turf because they think they will struggle, then they realise that they have to play Sundays, then want to go back to B Turf because of it, then i say tough shit. You want to drop a grade so suck it up.

Also apparently Haig delegates were very unhappy at the meeting the other nite about being put back into A Grade?

Agree, bad luck every1 new C turf would be most Sundays.
Club should have looked into it more b4 making a decision.

Hosken Reserve in Nth. Coburg who plays there?

mmvca;407138 said:

From what I've heard they will only need to play in A Grade for this season as there will be a bye the following season, so they then can go back down to B Grade to eliminate the bye.

LOLL;406915 said:
Premier; unfortunately glenroy

Top 4: Glenroy, Socials, Barkly St, Sunshine

Team to watch: Sunshine, if coached well the most talented club in the comp

Drifter: St Andrews......been ok for a long time but everything come to an end

Big improver: St Marys....cant be that bad 2 years in a row

Spoon: Haig, if they cant make a gf in b grade, no chance to win many games in a grade.

It's nice to know the sainters sides have been written off completely both will make the top 4 guaranteed...
Top 4: St Andrews, Glenroy,St Francis,Barkly St
Team To Watch:Sunshine Heights could potentially finish on top but who knows what side turns up???
Drifter:Socials to end the season nearly last and retire the club!!!
Big Improver:St Marys-Will go close to making the top 4 might sneak in front of Barkly and Heights...
Spoon:Fight between Haig/Easts and Wests for bottom spot look out for opening bowler at easts Tancredi will take 30 plus with plenty of A-Grade experince with Amateurs!!!

Final Note: I love you blokes writing us off every year and we keep proving you blokes wrong we will only improve on last year with a few more quality editions!!! Can't wait for the upcoming season...

Sainters_3_Peat;407199 said:
It's nice to know the sainters sides have been written off completely both will make the top 4 guaranteed...
Team To Watch:Sunshine Heights could potentially finish on top but who knows what side turns up???
Big Improver:St Marys-Will go close to making the top 4 might sneak in front of Barkly and Heights...
Spoon:Fight between Haig/Easts and Wests for bottom spot look out for opening bowler at easts Tancredi will take 30 plus with plenty of A-Grade experince with Amateurs!!!

Final Note: I love you blokes writing us off every year and we keep proving you blokes wrong we will only improve on last year with a few more quality editions!!! Can't wait for the upcoming season...

Don't write off the Redbacks this early, the loss of Appleyard will hurt, but with Barker returning to add to the bowling stocks and some youngsters stepping up the Redbacks will suprise a few sides this year.

Sainters_3_Peat;407199 said:

What makes you say that?

Can anyone give us an idea of when the fixtures for this season are going to come out? I know there are some issues at the association but the season is a month away from starting and having a fixture out by now would be expected.

Cheers

PS: Have heard a rumour Wests are going to have a team as good if not better than the team that narrowly lost to St Andrews in the 08/09 semi final. Many players coming back plus some good recruits. If they have that team (obviously other than Appleyard) they will be hard to beat!

I am coaching at Wests this year. We finished 2nd or 3rd last last year from memory and the main thing we are looking for is to gain respect back in this comp and to give a better account of ourselves in every game.

Should be a even and tough competition this year, can't wait for it to start

bomber27;407163 said:
[/B]

From what I've heard they will only need to play in A Grade for this season as there will be a bye the following season, so they then can go back down to B Grade to eliminate the bye.

Just a question to you bomber as a representative for your club.

What are the main reasons you guys decided to go to vtca?

I understand it may be seen as a step up with better grounds and the like but i thought the history of the club and travel factors may have played a part in staying.

Also, merlo have not won an a grade flag for a while so I would have thought the team would have wanted to try and go 1 better this year.

No criticism of your clubs decision, but would like to understand your clubs reasoning.

I am sure travelling to all parts of melbourne wont be fun on those hot summer days, anyway best of luck, guys like yourself putting in time on the exec should not underestimated. Hopefully the comp can replace you as volunteers are hard to find.

merlo, the team we love to hate

jontyfromsa;407400 said:
I am coaching at Wests this year. We finished 2nd or 3rd last last year from memory and the main thing we are looking for is to gain respect back in this comp and to give a better account of ourselves in every game.

Should be a even and tough competition this year, can't wait for it to start

Coaching or Captain/Coach?

For all the people out there that have the Socials written off not gonna happen we are still here & will be strong in all grades we are playing so beware the Socials are comin to get ya

LOLL;407414 said:
Just a question to you bomber as a representative for your club.

What are the main reasons you guys decided to go to vtca?

I understand it may be seen as a step up with better grounds and the like but i thought the history of the club and travel factors may have played a part in staying.

Also, merlo have not won an a grade flag for a while so I would have thought the team would have wanted to try and go 1 better this year.

No criticism of your clubs decision, but would like to understand your clubs reasoning.

I am sure travelling to all parts of melbourne wont be fun on those hot summer days, anyway best of luck, guys like yourself putting in time on the exec should not underestimated. Hopefully the comp can replace you as volunteers are hard to find.

merlo, the team we love to hate

If I could answer on Woodsy's behalf having spent 5 years in that comp:
- Batting is probably their strength & the wickets are all fairly consistant to suit batsmen & good luck come finals if you are a bowler cause they are absolute roads to bat on.
- A Turf always has 2 association umpires every week & come GF sub district umpires (even in North B) take charge...Which is a good thing as they are two guys you haven't seen or heard of for the whole season.
- Common sense prevails 95% of the time when games should or shouldn't be played due to the condition of the wicket...even more so come finals!!

16cans;407434 said:
Coaching or Captain/Coach?

Talking of coaches, I hird today that Pacoe are in strife that Dom has resigned and players are not happpy lots of infighting been away so ill find out more not happy down at pacoe.

3D-503;407704 said:
Talking of coaches, I hird today that Pacoe are in strife that Dom has resigned and players are not happpy lots of infighting been away so ill find out more not happy down at pacoe.

Not ideal 3 weeks out from the start of the season.... There is alsways something going on with Pacoe

Back