MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Old School;361741 said:
They will have to play on the second ground, we will be fielding 2 one day sides this season.

we are looking forward to sharing the ground with your club. and would like to say goodluck for the coming season in the turf comp and lets hope you guys give the ex hosken res mob a hammering when you play them.

pelican player;361855 said:
we are looking forward to sharing the ground with your club. and would like to say goodluck for the coming season in the turf comp and lets hope you guys give the ex hosken res mob a hammering when you play them.

Maybe your 1st can play our 3rds mate.

pelican player;361853 said:
pascoe vale united will actually playing on the number 1 ground and using the soccer club rooms . it is there 50th year anniversarsy. while we would prefer to still be at mutton res where we have been for the past 19 yrs. we were kicked off the ground due to a deal done between northern saints footy club ,the moreland city council and a cricket club that used to play at hosken(you know who they are) the deal was done over winter without any correspondance with pascoe vale united at all. oh well them the breaks.

we just hope that the mmvca put us in one of the grades that that club is in so we get to play them.
looks like they are taking the easy way out by not playing a turf cause they lost a few players boo-hoo.

You were kicked off the ground because the council wanted to turn it into a Turf ground and you guys wanted to stay on Mats. Short memory you have. Your club had the opportunity to merge and stay on Mutton reserve last year and have a turf side but screwed us in an 11 hour deal to go it alone. what goes around comes around mate.we are playing on turf mate but hopefully B-Turf. Finally we are getting our act together off field. Great move by the club.
Your 1sts have a chance to play against our 3rds mate, so you would hope you give us a good hammering.. :)

pelican player;361853 said:
pascoe vale united will actually playing on the number 1 ground

Are you saying The Socials have been kicked off there own ground and will be using the 2nd ground?

pelican player;361856 said:
no thankyou, but we look forward to having a good relationship with our new co tentants

Hahahahaha, You don't know The Socials all that well do you!!!!

Fresh_Prince;361960 said:
Maybe your 1st can play our 3rds mate.

hey pal! i reckon there are a few teams playing in a mats that would be just as good as half the sides in turf. teams like aberfielde ,rmit, would be very competive in turf cricket.

Justabystander;361975 said:
Are you saying The Socials have been kicked off there own ground and will be using the 2nd ground?

i am sure it will all be worked out at the end of the day! we do reconize that the socials have had wallace res as there home ground for there one day sides. but now we are co tenants with them!

Fresh_Prince;361962 said:
You were kicked off the ground because the council wanted to turn it into a Turf ground and you guys wanted to stay on Mats. Short memory you have. Your club had the opportunity to merge and stay on Mutton reserve last year and have a turf side but screwed us in an 11 hour deal to go it alone. what goes around comes around mate.we are playing on turf mate but hopefully B-Turf. Finally we are getting our act together off field. Great move by the club.
Your 1sts have a chance to play against our 3rds mate, so you would hope you give us a good hammering.. :)

SCREWED YOU IN A 11TH HOUR DEAL? do you care to explain to all how we did that, i would love to know how!
you blokes approached us to see if we were interested in the possibilty of a merger ,but we voted against it mainly due to the chance of our great club losing its own identity and tradition(something that unlike you blokes we cherish). and also at the time we didn't think it was in our best interest to go to a turf grade.(its obvisous now that you really didn't give a rats clacker if the merge happened or not you just wanted to get onto mutton res.)
so don't get on here and sprout that we screwed you over, WE aren't the ones who went behind another clubs back and did a secret deal with the northern saints footy club during the off season with basically no respect to a fellow club in the mmvca by not informing them what was on the table.

droping down to b turf just because you lose a few players is taking the soft option really. why don't you guys take a few years of pain at the top and give these kids a crack at a turf and give them experience in that comp which would hold them in good stead in later years.

as for our 1sts playing your 3rds. with all these players you have now lost( which i think is good to see) i am fairly sure our firsts would very very much hold our own against you.
looking forward to your reply

pelican player;361994 said:
hey pal! i reckon there are a few teams playing in a mats that would be just as good as half the sides in turf. teams like aberfielde ,rmit, would be very competive in turf cricket.

Yeah we had 2 players from RMIT last year. Lets say they ain't up to A-Turf standard.

pelican player;362000 said:
SCREWED YOU IN A 11TH HOUR DEAL? do you care to explain to all how we did that, i would love to know how!
you blokes approached us to see if we were interested in the possibilty of a merger ,but we voted against it mainly due to the chance of our great club losing its own identity and tradition(something that unlike you blokes we cherish). and also at the time we didn't think it was in our best interest to go to a turf grade.(its obvisous now that you really didn't give a rats clacker if the merge happened or not you just wanted to get onto mutton res.)
so don't get on here and sprout that we screwed you over, WE aren't the ones who went behind another clubs back and did a secret deal with the northern saints footy club during the off season with basically no respect to a fellow club in the mmvca by not informing them what was on the table.

droping down to b turf just because you lose a few players is taking the soft option really. why don't you guys take a few years of pain at the top and give these kids a crack at a turf and give them experience in that comp which would hold them in good stead in later years.

as for our 1sts playing your 3rds. with all these players you have now lost( which i think is good to see) i am fairly sure our firsts would very very much hold our own against you.
looking forward to your reply

What happened was you guys voted 'yes' the frist time and then changed your mind because of that very reason which is fair enough. But now your club can enjoy your proud history and Identity in a soccer club while we develop ours at Muton Reserve :). Not really fussed about your club, we are here to develop our club and whats' right for our club.
You thoughts on playing kids on A-turf is considered and I'm sure to pass it onto someone who might care what you think.
I'll be playing in the turds this year (i hope), so might be able to face the quickest bowler your club has. Hopefully we play at home because I don't feel like drinking out of an eskay :).
Unlike you I wish your club the very best and plenty of preimerships

Fresh_Prince;362011 said:
What happened was you guys voted 'yes' the frist time and then changed your mind because of that very reason which is fair enough. But now your club can enjoy your proud history and Identity in a soccer club while we develop ours at Muton Reserve :). Not really fussed about your club, we are here to develop our club and whats' right for our club.
You thoughts on playing kids on A-turf is considered and I'm sure to pass it onto someone who might care what you think.
I'll be playing in the turds this year (i hope), so might be able to face the quickest bowler your club has. Hopefully we play at home because I don't feel like drinking out of an eskay :).
Unlike you I wish your club the very best and plenty of preimerships

the quickest bowler we have is still probably quicker than anything you clowns have.

we never voted yes at any stage, to the merger, as i said we are a proud club who are good enough to stand on there own two feet and don't need to put themselves out there to merge just so they can get some success which by the way haig has tried to do over the last couple of years you need to do cause you can't get any of your own players to bring you that success!

i am fairly sure that we won't be drinking out of an esky either, i am pretty sure we will have some form of bar facility.
hope you enjoy your b grade turf, kids or no kids its still taking the soft option!

Interesting stuff. Good to hear from an "A Matting Club" on this site. Both Haig and PVU will not be clashing in any grades this season.

bomber27;362022 said:
Interesting stuff. Good to hear from an "A Matting Club" on this site. Both Haig and PVU will not be clashing in any grades this season.

thats very unfortunate,surely the one day grade would of been a chance though ,maybe pacco could go into div 2.

pelican player;362039 said:
thats very unfortunate,surely the one day grade would of been a chance though

what a shame. Maybe the juniors might play against each other? Pelican, have you guys got juniors?

bomber27;362022 said:

any news on gradings as yet??? Will Sun YCW take Haigs spot?

Fresh_Prince;362103 said:
Maybe thats one reason why you guys ain't at Mutton anymore?
We are pushing 4 Junior sides this year

i wouldn't think so.

we start training this sunday 30th august at 12pm at our new home wallace res justin ave glenroy.

anyone looking for a new club to play for are most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back