MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

cdca;325831 said:
Merlo very lucky to win saturday,i would be worrying about your own club goose.

No luck involved, we just held our nerve at the end.

After an easy game the week before, it was good to have a tough game.

Bite me;325696 said:
I think you have the wrong Info there mate St Mary's won on the weekend and if they beat St Andrew's this game and glenroy win St Andrew's will be out of the finals.

Looks like St Andrews are gone - AGAIN

Lucky they were saved by all those washout outs when they were beaten.

cdca;325831 said:
Merlo very lucky to win saturday,i would be worrying about your own club goose.

cdca, I can see how can get offended by the above comments???? Your kidding! Our win on Saturday was one of the best I have been involved in, we were gone on a couple of occassions and the boys fought back. Our kids were absolutely fantastic on the weekend and not for the first time this year we showed some real passion about our cricket- It was great to be involved in. you worry about yourself champ and I'll worry about merlo numb nuts

old hack;325874 said:
Looks like St Andrews are gone - AGAIN

Lucky they were saved by all those washout outs when they were beaten.

I sense a bit of sarcasm them Old Hack.....

Round 11 in general should be a cracker no matter what the outcomes are good luck to all teams...

Just a question to you boys

How much of an impact was the loss last week to West Coburg mentaly? Surely they know that there batting isn't the strongest and if there bowling doesn't hold up they surely struggle which was shown last game....

Guru14;326051 said:
cdca, I can see how can get offended by the above comments???? Your kidding! Our win on Saturday was one of the best I have been involved in, we were gone on a couple of occassions and the boys fought back. Our kids were absolutely fantastic on the weekend and not for the first time this year we showed some real passion about our cricket- It was great to be involved in. you worry about yourself champ and I'll worry about merlo numb nuts

Here we go!!!!!

Bite me;326052 said:

Round 11 in general should be a cracker no matter what the outcomes are good luck to all teams...

How much of an impact was the loss last week to West Coburg mentaly? Surely they know that there batting isn't the strongest and if there bowling doesn't hold up they surely struggle which was shown last game....

I think West Coburg will tell you that their batting is their weak link but so far this year they've been goos and the ladder reflects that- Was it the loss they had to have?????????? No loss is a good loss, but it might just get their heads right leading into the finals- I'm sure cal will agree their batting is the biggest concern this year. good side though

Guru14;326070 said:
I think West Coburg will tell you that their batting is their weak link but so far this year they've been goos and the ladder reflects that- Was it the loss they had to have?????????? No loss is a good loss, but it might just get their heads right leading into the finals- I'm sure cal will agree their batting is the biggest concern this year. good side though

Very well put guru
Wests batting isnt our strength but we are hardly a bunch of bunnies either.
if you look at the runs for versus wickets lost we are pretty comparable to most good teams.
Our bowling is at least equal with St Andrews and our fielding is the best in the comp IMO.
Glenroy played great cricket, they bowled really tight, which put us under the pump and then Parker came out and batted brilliantly.
Ive said for a long time he's the best bat in the comp.
If he misses out though I reckon their batting will struggle.
But well done to them last weekend, they outplayed us, simple as that.

I think it is a good loss to have. West coburg arent miles above the other teams, and if we dont play at our best of course we are beatable.
I guarantee in a 2day game this week Sunshine will find out first hand what a good side Westys are though.

Good luck to all teams vying for positions in the 4 this week

jontyfromsa;326122 said:
Very well put guru
if you look at the runs for versus wickets lost we are pretty comparable to most good teams.
Our bowling is at least equal with St Andrews and our fielding is the best in the comp IMO.
Glenroy played great cricket, they bowled really tight, which put us under the pump and then Parker came out and batted brilliantly.
Ive said for a long time he's the best bat in the comp.

I think it is a good loss to have. West coburg arent miles above the other teams, and if we dont play at our best of course we are beatable.
I guarantee in a 2day game this week Sunshine will find out first hand what a good side Westys are though.

Jonty I would think comfortably. I guess Wests only have to make more than the opposition which is what they've done this year. I honestly think you guys are the side to beat IMO. St Andrews are very close and the reason they have won back to back but maybe there's just a hunger at Wests that makes me think they are the one's. Would love Merlo to make it but we have done what we intended to do this year and if there's a game in march or even a couple happy to be involved and it would be a massive bonus for the club.Still round 11 to win- Will be interesting at Pacco

jontyfromsa;326122 said:
Very well put guru
[B]Ive said for a long time he's the best bat in the comp.[/B]

I would say G Tapner and N Taylor are as good if not better and have been a long time. Never seen him make runs agianst us so cant be definative.

G Tapner won the batting and bowling last year in a premiership side. Enough said

Deano;326141 said:
I would say G Tapner and N Taylor are as good if not better and have been a long time. Never seen him make runs agianst us so cant be definative.

G Tapner won the batting and bowling last year in a premiership side. Enough said

Is the best Deano, this year anyway

Guru14;326051 said:

You struggled to beat a side that has not won a game all year you fkn goose! dont try and justify your position! You need to worry about scoring some runs yourself NUMBNUTS!

Deano;326141 said:

Made 107 out of 159 tonite in the 20/20 final. Absolute freak who is a legend of this comp. I doubt anyone would disagree.

His last 5 or 6 hits have been absolute quality that this comp hasnt seen for a long time. And not far behind is Nev Taylor.

Hes making a stack of runs, no doubt, about that.
He bangs the ball very very hard, I just wonder how technically correct he is and if that makes him vulnerable against quality fast bowling??

Parker plays technically correct, can hit the ball HARD in the air and more importantly on the carpet.
Some of his cover drives hit on the up against quality fast bowling on the weekend were a pleasure to watch.

Mind you Tapner goes on more often and makes big 50s and I cant really remember parker ever making a ton, I may be wrong?

At the end of the day the 2 most dangerous batsmen in the comp.

Neville is a quality player, no doubt, made runs for years and years and years but is particulary strong off his pads. I rekn you can dry him up outside offstump

Well done to everyone who made the effort to attend the 20/20 and help raise money for the bushfires. Great night, congratulations to St Francis who won the 20/20 flag.

Amazing effort from Gavin Tapner, 107 wow your a champ.

I believe $8000 plus was raised. This is a rough figure.

$50 per six was also paid so there was a few of them.

Great spirit shown by all involved players and spectators alike and I wish everyone all the best in rebuilding there lives as we recover from the bushfires.

It really puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Guys enjoy the last round and good luck to those who make finals.

Bite me;326052 said:

West Coburg have been fantatsic all year and sometimes when a team is so dominant as they have been they can be just waiting for finals rolling around.

And with Glenroy playing for their season they may have been hungrier.

This said I have no idea as i was not at the game but i expect West Coburg to march on there merry way and that loss can only help them going forward.

God luck to all playing finals and lets hope the teams that make it deserve it.

cdca;326285 said:
You struggled to beat a side that has not won a game all year you fkn goose! dont try and justify your position! You need to worry about scoring some runs yourself NUMBNUTS!

This is why it was a pleasure to beat you blokes on Saturday! Hope the comp doesn't bring in a relegation rule this year if Sunshine YCW win the B turf flag as it will be a long season next year- Numb Nuts!:eek:

massive round this week boys

St Marys v St Andrews
Sunshine Heights v West Coburg
The Socials v East Coburg
Pascoe Vale v Merlynston Hadfield
Haig Amateurs v Glenroy
Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v St Francis de Sales

Marys vs Andrews- Unbelievable, tough one. maybe St Andrews just, obviously the better batting side on the day will win this game. Westy to get back on the winners list. easts to beat The socials. merlo to win and give themselves every chance of playing on the 1st weekend in march. Glenroy will prove too strong for Glenroy but heres hoping. St Franny's to finish with a win against barkly. good luck to everyone and hopefully as the hackster has said hopefully the final represents the best 4 sides this year.

Guru14;326498 said:
massive round this week boys

St Marys v St Andrews
Sunshine Heights v West Coburg
The Socials v East Coburg
Pascoe Vale v Merlynston Hadfield
Haig Amateurs v Glenroy
Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v St Francis de Sales

Marys vs Andrews- Unbelievable, tough one. maybe St Andrews just, obviously the better batting side on the day will win this game. Westy to get back on the winners list. easts to beat The socials. merlo to win and give themselves every chance of playing on the 1st weekend in march. Glenroy will prove too strong for Glenroy but heres hoping. St Franny's to finish with a win against barkly. good luck to everyone and hopefully as the hackster has said hopefully the final represents the best 4 sides this year.

At least this way Glenroy is guaranteed a victory lol...

Guru14;326474 said:
This is why it was a pleasure to beat you blokes on Saturday! Hope the comp doesn't bring in a relegation rule this year if Sunshine YCW win the B turf flag as it will be a long season next year- Numb Nuts!:eek:

Guru just curious how long have you played in this Comp i.e the CDCA / MMVCA?

Bite me;326512 said:
At least this way Glenroy is guaranteed a victory lol...

Nice pick up, obviously a bit slow this Wednesday morning, I still think they will be too strong for Haig but it should be an even contest against Glenroy:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back