MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;335511 said:
Well well well..... If it is not he old saying "Catches win Matches"Johny Grant how do you feel, i would've thought that you would be on here apologizing to the rest of your team mates for the disgraceful effort in trying to catch that ball!
Kingy why is it you get on here and offer all your garbage advice when you have produced stuff all yourself this season. I think you should take some of your advice to others and makes some runs next season. You are nothing but a never has been........ Tool!
Well i will have to eat some humble pie as we were also knocked out of the finals. Should never have lost making the runs we did.
Cant wait for next season....

FFNB

You are correct in saying I have produced nothing this year and I may be a never has been as you said, But for people to have a go at a guy who busts his balls week in week out, its just not on.
You probably dont understand you win as team and you loose as a team and if you dont like it go and play tennis.
I had an average of about 8.00 batting in the top 5, maybe thats why we did not win, maybe its not but for FFS get off the blokes back.
If anything you should be having a go at blokes like myself and some other blokes who were suppose to make some runs that failed two weeks in a row (me all year).
I no you were at the other semi ( or maybe you were at our game who now's) but don't say that incident cost us the game, it was a lack of runs that cost us.
We all no you try and take the piss all the time which i enjoy reading by the way ( i am sick ) but your out of line on this subject.

Bite me;335435 said:
I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion...

What about finals experience do you think that counts for anything plus glenroy have a lot of young blokes which will get caught up in the moment.

You make a good point Bite me. You're right Glenroy do have some young players, but St Andrews also have a few guys in there that didnt play in the GF last year and they will no doubt have some nerves as well.

Like Hawthorn last year, some times not knowing what to expect is a good thing!

Komodo Dragon;335608 said:
Pull your head in FFNB. It is a bit harsh for you to be so critical of a bloke who has dropped the catch that would have got his side into the Grand Final. Perhaps the ball was spinning 'massively' when it approached him. I can't think of any other reason why it would have ended up on the carpet...So unless you know the facts you can spare us your assessment...

Obviously you didn't get enough runs to get your side home ya' smart c**t...

And by the way Komodo Dragon, I smashed Shane George that day!!

RooBoy;335615 said:
You make a good point Bite me. You're right Glenroy do have some young players, but St Andrews also have a few guys in there that didnt play in the GF last year and they will no doubt have some nerves as well.

Like Hawthorn last year, some times not knowing what to expect is a good thing!

There is only maybe three that i can think. No Plugger, fridge and Seaniger. In come Doidgey, Ferris and Woodhouse.

The only one who wouldnt be that experienced in A Grade would probably be Woodhouse. The other two have been around for years.

mmvca;335621 said:
There is only maybe three that i can think. No Plugger, fridge and Seaniger. In come Doidgey, Ferris and Woodhouse.

The only one who wouldnt be that experienced in A Grade would probably be Woodhouse. The other two have been around for years.

Anyone see Matt Woodhouse bat in the pressure of the Semi, he was sensational!!

He also got 50 plus last time against Glenroy, we are very lucky to have him in our team batting in the lower order.

Interesting to see people saying this and that will happen, Crystal balls must be working over board.

Good luck to all and lets hope the best team wins.

Lets hope the rain stays away.

Glenroy the in form side and must be favorites to win!!

kingy;335472 said:
Johny

You don't have to explain to anyone that you did drop a catch, every player that has played cricket has dropped a catch ( yes zimmer even me ).
I have only played 1 year at St.Mary's and I can tell everyone for a fact J.Grant trains harder than any player at our club and to you idiots posting on here saying the catch cost St.Marys a place in the GF, get a life.
If you have played Cricket at a decent level you should no there are numerous reasons why you win and loose cricket matches. Yes the catch was dropped at a bad time but everytime we lost a wicket through a bad shot that also cost us, everytime we bowled a bad ball that went for four that also cost us.
To everyone having a go at a player over one dropped catch, ask yourself about your own Cricket carrer and what a star you are.
In all grow up idiots.

Kingy

Kingy,

Agree mate we all play a team sport and we win and loose together, comments come from those who have never made it to the main game or one of them.

All we all ask for is the best effort possible, and if you give that you can be proud and if things don't go you way then shake hands with the opposition and congratulate them on their win.

We have some players who play some risky shots but if we as a team will stand up and applaude them when they hit a boundary we then have to stand up and except the fact that they got out playing their normal shots. Thats the game we play. We all win and loose together.

John keep your head up and no need to explain your self to people on here, you must be good enough to make it to the semi so you are way ahead of most people mate.

I wouldn't say we are friends but i respect your efforts to help your team so good luck to you and St Mary's next year. Always enjoy playing against you guys except for one dill. Who is a fringe player at best.

And yes you know who i am too. LOL

mmvca;335621 said:

MMVCA,

you helping with selection Mate???

kingy;335616 said:
And by the way Komodo Dragon, I smashed Shane George that day!!

Kingy if you go back and have a read i have put the blame on you as well, you have done nothing all season. I just dont understand why you get on here all the time a pump yourself up about playing in higher leagues, you are worse than a blind man trying to hit one out the middle....
Surely St.Marys will not be asking you to stick around next season, maybe you and mmvca can play backyard cricket with each other next season.
Anyway gotta go im teaching J.Grant how to catch, the way his going he could not even catch a cold at the moment.

mmvca;335621 said:

You would say that you are not a big time player, you would have to say last years grand final was not one of your better games lol lol lol lol

old hack;335783 said:
Kingy,

Agree mate we all play a team sport and we win and loose together, comments come from those who have never made it to the main game or one of them.

All we all ask for is the best effort possible, and if you give that you can be proud and if things don't go you way then shake hands with the opposition and congratulate them on their win.

We have some players who play some risky shots but if we as a team will stand up and applaude them when they hit a boundary we then have to stand up and except the fact that they got out playing their normal shots. Thats the game we play. We all win and loose together.

John keep your head up and no need to explain your self to people on here, you must be good enough to make it to the semi so you are way ahead of most people mate.

I wouldn't say we are friends but i respect your efforts to help your team so good luck to you and St Mary's next year. Always enjoy playing against you guys except for one dill. Who is a fringe player at best.

And yes you know who i am too. LOL

Hope the tears have cleared from your eyes after writing that emotional post. Hopefully you can catch up wit Johny Grant and give a nice big cuddle.
Dont worry about catching up with Kingy his just a fat no good never has been...

first slipper;335548 said:
Just an observation- why was Tuffers batting at 8. Was he injured or was it a measured tactic

It was all tactical.
Been very edgey after christmas and with 12 runs at an average of 4 i think that it worked well with me making 2 runs more than my average in the semi final. Remember a Captain will never allow himself to bat below John Cacchione. When i bat the only injury that can happen is the keeper breaking a finger when he is attempting to catch the ball i have played and missed at or one i have final got bat too.[/QUOTE]

Is that what you call it?
As they say always look on the bright side of life...

FoUr MoRe;335799 said:
anyyy chance of paul newton doing anything this weekend????..

5 For 48 off 18 and 12 not out to steer the team to victory not enough for you mate you obviously dont know alot about cricket... Sorry mate ill try and put in a bigger effort for you this week just tell me one thing you'll be there to see the FIREWORKS!!! good luck to glenroy this week couldnt of asked for a better bunch of blokes to play against and to the pipe brothers no excuses now YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! see you on the weekend and just to let everyone know Scotty got off and will be ready to fire this weekend go sainters

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;335835 said:
Kingy if you go back and have a read i have put the blame on you as well, you have done nothing all season. I just dont understand why you get on here all the time a pump yourself up about playing in higher leagues, you are worse than a blind man trying to hit one out the middle....
Surely St.Marys will not be asking you to stick around next season, maybe you and mmvca can play backyard cricket with each other next season.
Anyway gotta go im teaching J.Grant how to catch, the way his going he could not even catch a cold at the moment.

How do I pump myself, I have just told you I have an av of around 8.00 for the year. If thats pumping myself up I will eat shit.
As far as a higher leagues what are you on about? I have played in the WDCA for the now defunct MCC and a couple of games in the VTCA A1 section, If you class that a high standard cudos to you.
I find your comments regarding my physical condition interesting, as I did not play against West Coburg, so how do you no what I look like? do you and the boys sit in the change room and have a chat about the condition of all the players you have never played against?
My tip is at a certain time we have played together.

Hi boys, firstly what about the outlook weather wise! bearing in mind there should be some rain around what effect will this have on the granny, if any. Do you as captains leave the start as long as you can given the conditions you might face- would hate to think the granny is decided by the toss. It would be great to get the thoughts of a few blokes on here, as captain I would be doing everything I could to ensure that if there is any chance of the wicket being significantly wet that I would postpone the start for as long as i could. Even to a point that the granny comes back to a 2 day game the following week. Whats your thoughts?

Guru14;335913 said:
Hi boys, firstly what about the outlook weather wise! bearing in mind there should be some rain around what effect will this have on the granny, if any. Do you as captains leave the start as long as you can given the conditions you might face- would hate to think the granny is decided by the toss. It would be great to get the thoughts of a few blokes on here, as captain I would be doing everything I could to ensure that if there is any chance of the wicket being significantly wet that I would postpone the start for as long as i could. Even to a point that the granny comes back to a 2 day game the following week. Whats your thoughts?

I could not agree more. I would not want to loose the GF on a toss of the coin. You can still have a great game if it is a 2 dayer.

If this happens I think Saints will get up. Finals experience will count for a lot here as there will be no second innings to recover with.

PS - looks like my call on the weather slightly off :p LOL

Sainters_3_Peat;335885 said:
5 For 48 off 18 and 12 not out to steer the team to victory not enough for you mate you obviously dont know alot about cricket... Sorry mate ill try and put in a bigger effort for you this week just tell me one thing you'll be there to see the FIREWORKS!!! good luck to glenroy this week couldnt of asked for a better bunch of blokes to play against and to the pipe brothers no excuses now YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! see you on the weekend and just to let everyone know Scotty got off and will be ready to fire this weekend go sainters

Looking forward to seeing you run in with your back up mate. Newton / Parker battle is one of the highlights for me.

Guru14;335913 said:

Forget about postponing the Grand Final for another week Guru. The way your team is going I reckon you could postpone any thoughts of starting a Grand Final for about 14 years

bomber27;335433 said:
Whats wrong with Hosken?

Obviously this is already decided but which of the 4 grounds mentioned have the best wicket / grass cover on the ground?

I think Hosken has it over Brearley here but I think Brearley is better than Hosken for spectators watching the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back