mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

The Accelerator;214127 said:
On the A Grade Final....

The underuse of J.Grant bewilders me. Hunters continual use of himself as a bowling option whilst not using Grant was pure self indulgence, fair enough he was economical with his bowling, though the all important wickets column for Sunday was empty for Hunter. This can also be said for the overuse of J.Cash as well; Cash was notably tired during a long spell in hot weather and was still being bowled. To have a team 7-70 and on the ropes and not to have used a strike bowler such as Grant until just before the tea break would have St. Andrews relatively happy, especially when Grant came on and got two edges into the slips that were dropped off his bowling. On the batting side of things, Grant was at number 11 in the 1st innings. Just for the record, Grant won the St.Mary’s batting average 3 seasons ago. Also... In the form he is in, K. Craddock deserves a rise up the order this weekend.

Why does Hunter continually bat and bowl his mates in front of other players? Is it a boys club down at St.Mary’s?

Over and Out.
hey granty if you have a problem with your capt go and talk to him face to face not in this forum thats the weak way out son

Well Done to both teams on the weekend. Definitely the best final I have watched for a very long time.

Should be a great 3rd and 4th day coming up. Will be very interesting if St Mary's can bat all day Saturday.

kingkong;214105 said:
Call me a ************, and your the one who calls himself younggun, no worries fitzy.

;) no problem mate ........... ((KINGKONG)) ????

everyone has there opinion on somebody its just many people have the same opinion as me :)

whatnogood;214210 said:
Well Done to both teams on the weekend. Definitely the best final I have watched for a very long time.

Should be a great 3rd and 4th day coming up. Will be very interesting if St Mary's can bat all day Saturday.

Hope you will remember the third and forth day, you looked a little under the weather leaning on the light pole after the game. maybe you should choose your drinking partners a bit more wisely.

superspin;213772 said:
A game full of interest, St Mary's 204, St Andrews 2/21,
A couple of King Kong errors I thought, who wins the toss and bowls in a Grand Final?? and why send in No 11 as nightwatchman for the last over pffff?? by golly how Jolly for St Marys.

Seems the result on first innings indicates it was the correct decision.

Although most people would have batted i agree, but the result for St Andrews was positive.

Heres hoping for a cracking 2 days of cricket.

good luck to all..........GO ST MARYS

whatnogood;214210 said:

Hope you will remember the third and forth day, you looked a little under the weather leaning on the light pole after the game. maybe you should choose your drinking partners a bit more wisely.

Well enough about the grand final. it is too close to call. all the st andrews supports r on here talking up their chances, st mary's r on here talking up their chances but it will come down to one good or bad bad by either side this saturday. it is really great to see hard cricket played between two evenly matched teams. hopefully it goes down to the last hour and we get a repeat of the excitement we had last sunday. anyway the real question i wanted to ask was who are some of your nominations for the player of the year or even your team of the year. im sure some of you keen followers of the game will have strong opinions about yourteam mates and opposition players. no bagging out just postive comments would be nice. For me G. Tapner showed his worth to any side on the weekend with a couple of wickets and some very handy runs. im sure all teams would like him in their ranks.
cheers

After reading a couple of my previous threads, i think i have not given St.Marys the respect they deserved.But after 2 days play where i think they were mostly on top, i now have changed my mind. I still think St.Andrews are a better side than St.Marys and will win, but what i am trying to say if i offended anyone from St.Marys then i apologise.St.Andrews all the way go sainters

superspin;213772 said:
A game full of interest, St Mary's 204, St Andrews 2/21,
A couple of King Kong errors I thought, who wins the toss and bowls in a Grand Final?? and why send in No 11 as nightwatchman for the last over pffff?? by golly how Jolly for St Marys.

Seems the result on first innings indicates it was the correct decision.

Although most people would have batted i agree, but the result for St Andrews was positive.

Heres hoping for a cracking 2 days of cricket.

good luck to all..........GO ST MARYS

A.Hussey;214247 said:
Well enough about the grand final. it is too close to call. all the st andrews supports r on here talking up their chances, st mary's r on here talking up their chances but it will come down to one good or bad bad by either side this saturday. it is really great to see hard cricket played between two evenly matched teams. hopefully it goes down to the last hour and we get a repeat of the excitement we had last sunday. anyway the real question i wanted to ask was who are some of your nominations for the player of the year or even your team of the year. im sure some of you keen followers of the game will have strong opinions about yourteam mates and opposition players. no bagging out just postive comments would be nice. For me G. Tapner showed his worth to any side on the weekend with a couple of wickets and some very handy runs. im sure all teams would like him in their ranks.
cheers
Anybody who can come on and get wickets or go out and get some runs would be welcome in any side. Where just lucky we have a few of them.On there day it could be Scotty, the tapner brothers Joshy can get wickets and im sure nifty can stil bowl. And now you can even throw smoke in the mix.lol Go Paulie.

cheers

kingkong;214264 said:
Anybody who can come on and get wickets or go out and get some runs would be welcome in any side. Where just lucky we have a few of them.On there day it could be Scotty, the tapner brothers Joshy can get wickets and im sure nifty can stil bowl. And now you can even throw smoke in the mix.lol Go Paulie.

vernon
parker
hunter
tarek
brown
johnson
g tapner
summerfield
d harris
perera
newton
best umpire not 1 of the 2 doing a grade

After reading a couple of my previous threads, i think i have not given St.Marys the respect they deserved.But after 2 days play where i think they were mostly on top, i now have changed my mind. I still think St.Andrews are a better side than St.Marys and will win, but what i am trying to say if i offended anyone from St.Marys then i apologise.St.Andrews all the way go sainters

kingkong;214262 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHEHE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this a case of "I'm scared someone will hurt me if I don't pay them some respect"

So tell us Kong, did you get an offence email or something, threatening text message maybe??

A.Hussey;214247 said:
cheers

ya knobjockey;214304 said:

Is this a case of "I'm scared someone will hurt me if I don't pay them some respect"

So tell us Kong, did you get an offence email or something, threatening text message maybe??
Yeah right,im ********scared, what a knobjockey. You really do take after your namesake.

kingkong;214264 said:

vernon
parker
hunter
tarek
brown
johnson
g tapner
summerfield
d harris
perera
newton
best umpire not 1 of the 2 doing a grade

Nothing to do

A.Hussey;214247 said:
cheers

Player of the year will go to W Parker
Bowling to J McGowen
Batting to W Parker
Flag to St Marys

kingkong;214262 said:

People pay money for what we have seen and what we hopefully will see this weekend.
Last weekend was a sensational two days of cricket with both sides showing the character to be down and fight back with both bat and ball and to lose first innings by the smallest margin is a testament to that statement.
This weekend has many twists and you would expect the St Marys boys to have a go and set a target they think will be enough to get the St Andrews boys out.
This in itself sets the game up and i am sure the St Andrews bowlers will be doing their best to ensure the total is not that many.

What total is enough(if not bowled out) and what time is the question and then the senario of making the runs or batting the innings out.

The weather is no issue,so we will some time see the premiership handed over to the best team over the two weekends on Sunday.

To finish off it will be good to sit back next week and go through the game in its entirity and look at the individual efforts and twists that have made this a great grand final.(St Andrews win)

ya knobjockey;214304 said:

Yeah right,im ********scared, what a knobjockey. You really do take after your namesake.

i think watever St. Mary's posts over 200 will be hard to chase down for st. andrews on a deteriorating pitch. they have been cocky and confident all year st.andrews and i think wont be able to resist chasing any total! we will see how confident they feel if they loose a few early ones????? smokes celebration was like he won the world cup! he is a bunny anyone can swing the bat he was just lucky a couple came off! the game is only 2 days through and that celebration i think will just add fuel to the fire for st. mary's and wont help the st. mary's batsmens temprement (esp. d harris) next time he comes out to bat or while he is bowling! the weather will be boiling and the st. andrews bodies wont want to get too tired or fatigued in the field if they are chasing over 200 with the bat!
ST MARY's take confidence into the 2nd half and out of last week. i saw what happened from the boundary a few quick st. andrews wickets and the gallery went really quiet and that confidence disappeared! U had the upperhand and still do! 25 infornt already and the conditions will only get harder as the day goes on! Run over them st. mary's be confident show them the saint mary's heart and soul!!!!! U can do it!!! All for 1 and 1 for all remember that fellars!!! GO MARY's! P.S WATS THE LATEST PREDICTION BANNO and wat about fielder of the year any suggestions?

Nothing to do

A.Hussey;214247 said:
cheers

Player of the year will go to W Parker
Bowling to J McGowen
Batting to W Parker
Flag to St Marys

bcricket;214553 said:
i think watever St. Mary's posts over 200 will be hard to chase down for st. andrews on a deteriorating pitch. they have been cocky and confident all year st.andrews and i think wont be able to resist chasing any total! we will see how confident they feel if they loose a few early ones????? smokes celebration was like he won the world cup! he is a bunny anyone can swing the bat he was just lucky a couple came off! the game is only 2 days through and that celebration i think will just add fuel to the fire for st. mary's and wont help the st. mary's batsmens temprement (esp. d harris) next time he comes out to bat or while he is bowling! the weather will be boiling and the st. andrews bodies wont want to get too tired or fatigued in the field if they are chasing over 200 with the bat!
ST MARY's take confidence into the 2nd half and out of last week. i saw what happened from the boundary a few quick st. andrews wickets and the gallery went really quiet and that confidence disappeared! U had the upperhand and still do! 25 infornt already and the conditions will only get harder as the day goes on! Run over them st. mary's be confident show them the saint mary's heart and soul!!!!! U can do it!!! All for 1 and 1 for all remember that fellars!!! GO MARY's! P.S WATS THE LATEST PREDICTION BANNO and wat about fielder of the year any suggestions?[/QUO
Good Summary !!!
Still a long way away from 200 and stating what over 200 is optomistic at this early stage.
Good to see the passion and the shoe would be on the other foot, i am sure if the one run was the other way,buts thats life and in the end we will see if the excitement was warranted.(f--k i was excited)
Our excitement was the reverse of your guys dissapointment,so why would the one run cause that if it wasnt so important??????
I taught the bunny to cover drive(hahahah)and will look forward to our top order making sure we get the job done.
All for 1 and 1 for all (sounds like something out of the three muskateers) and i am sure they dont need reminding of that as they have played well.

St Andrews motto is "We are one"

I would say good luck but think the side that is able to perform at their best will win.

Luck will not come into it!!!!!!!!!!!!

People pay money for what we have seen and what we hopefully will see this weekend.
Last weekend was a sensational two days of cricket with both sides showing the character to be down and fight back with both bat and ball and to lose first innings by the smallest margin is a testament to that statement.
This weekend has many twists and you would expect the St Marys boys to have a go and set a target they think will be enough to get the St Andrews boys out.
This in itself sets the game up and i am sure the St Andrews bowlers will be doing their best to ensure the total is not that many.

What total is enough(if not bowled out) and what time is the question and then the senario of making the runs or batting the innings out.

The weather is no issue,so we will some time see the premiership handed over to the best team over the two weekends on Sunday.

To finish off it will be good to sit back next week and go through the game in its entirity and look at the individual efforts and twists that have made this a great grand final.(St Andrews win)

Still a long way away from 200 and stating what over 200 is optomistic at this early stage.
Good to see the passion and the shoe would be on the other foot, i am sure if the one run was the other way,buts thats life and in the end we will see if the excitement was warranted.(f--k i was excited)
Our excitement was the reverse of your guys dissapointment,so why would the one run cause that if it wasnt so important??????
I taught the bunny to cover drive(hahahah)and will look forward to our top order making sure we get the job done.
All for 1 and 1 for all (sounds like something out of the three muskateers) and i am sure they dont need reminding of that as they have played well.

I would say good luck but think the side that is able to perform at their best will win.

Luck will not come into it!!!!!!!!!!!!Now fos, i know your a st.andrwes man but it sounds like you are sitting on the fence half the time.Best side will win, who ever plays to there ability bla bla bla, Mate St.Andrews had 1 bad week and still got up they will show this weekend why they will be the 1st back to back champs of the mmvca. Now your a top bloke fos but for f..ksake get of the fence and get on our side. Ha ha ha Go sainters

ST MARY's take confidence into the 2nd half and out of last week. i saw what happened from the boundary a few quick st. andrews wickets and the gallery went really quiet and that confidence disappeared! U had the upperhand and still do! 25 infornt already and the conditions will only get harder as the day goes on! Run over them st. mary's be confident show them the saint mary's heart and soul!!!!! U can do it!!! All for 1 and 1 for all remember that fellars!!! GO MARY's! P.S WATS THE LATEST PREDICTION BANNO and wat about fielder of the year any suggestions?

kingkong;214573 said:

Luck will not come into it!!!!!!!!!!!!Now fos, i know your a st.andrwes man but it sounds like you are sitting on the fence half the time.Best side will win, who ever plays to there ability bla bla bla, Mate St.Andrews had 1 bad week and still got up they will show this weekend why they will be the 1st back to back champs of the mmvca. Now your a top bloke fos but for f..ksake get of the fence and get on our side. Ha ha ha Go sainters

Keeping you on your toes mate,no question who i want to win !!!!!!

bcricket;214553 said:
ST MARY's take confidence into the 2nd half and out of last week. i saw what happened from the boundary a few quick st. andrews wickets and the gallery went really quiet and that confidence disappeared! U had the upperhand and still do! 25 infornt already and the conditions will only get harder as the day goes on! Run over them st. mary's be confident show them the saint mary's heart and soul!!!!! U can do it!!! All for 1 and 1 for all remember that fellars!!! GO MARY's! P.S WATS THE LATEST PREDICTION BANNO and wat about fielder of the year any suggestions?[/QUO
Good Summary !!!

Luck will not come into it!!!!!!!!!!!!

F.O.S;214576 said:
I know who ya want to win, im just messing with you. The club has become a better place since yourself and your 1000 kids have turned up. But ya know what they say 1000 kids = 1000 jiggidy bobs.lol Go sainters

kingkong;214577 said:
I know who ya want to win, im just messing with you. The club has become a better place since yourself and your 1000 kids have turned up. But ya know what they say 1000 kids = 1000 jiggidy bobs.lol Go sainters

how did this nutter get to be captain???

kingkong;214573 said:

F.O.S;214576 said:

What a great weekend of cricket just gone and what an intriguing position this game finds itself in. Some real hard-nosed cricket with both teams digging deep to scrounge some lower-order runs. Cracker of a first-innings, lets hope the 2nd maintains that level. Well done to Newts, who is making a habit of making the odd run in a GF and proving a nuisance (must've been some sort of celebration). However I've swung around and am now thinking that might be his only celebration. I reckon St.Marys are good enough to get a nice lead up and heap the pressure on St.Andrews. What is a nice lead?? 230-240 would be comfortable but I reckon 200 might be enough on a deteriorating deck to roll St.Andrews. This means St.Marys will have to bat smart and as long as they can on Day 3 (with Brown the key wicket), with every run worth gold as this game will definitely get a result. I believe the draw wont be an option, with St.Marys spinners' coming into their own on Sunday, and crowding the bat if St.Andrews are forced to become defensive. Yes, St.Andrews are good enough, but a few quick wickets will cause panic in the camp and they will go back into their shells, meaning they might not play their natural game and get out to half-hearted strokes. Good luck to all involved. My tip = St.Mary's by 8 runs. Odds = St.Marys $1.85 St.Andrews $1.85 haha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back