mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

I will answer my own question.

A Grade Champion- Brad Hunter and Warren Parker ( 12 votes )
Bowling J. Mcgowan
Batting W. Parker

mmvca;216776 said:
Cmon all you pissheads! who won what last nite?

whatnogood, you must be up already?

Went looking for whatnogood last night for that beer he was going to shout me. But he was a no show.

cant bowl or bat;216870 said:
gday, im all new to this, but it looks like everyone here is a part of the mmvca.
anyone play against strathy heights this year on matting?

CBCB,

Unfortunately mate you will prob only find Turf players on this forum.

cant bowl or bat;216870 said:
gday, im all new to this, but it looks like everyone here is a part of the mmvca.
anyone play against strathy heights this year on matting?

CBCB,

Unfortunately mate you will prob only find Turf players on this forum.

joe magoocheeoo;216880 said:
just a question and your opinion what would the margin be between turf and a matting game

If your talking A Turf vs A Mats premiers, then St Andrews would flog RMIT. Im not trying to belittle RMIT, or A Mats, but the result would be pretty one sided.

Just in St Andrews side is prob the best bat in this comp over the last 10 years in Dave Jolley, Gav Tapner who has won 3 A Turf b&f's, and a quality bowling line up of, Tapner, Wernham, Newton and co.

mmvca;216996 said:
If your talking A Turf vs A Mats premiers, then St Andrews would flog RMIT. Im not trying to belittle RMIT, or A Mats, but the result would be pretty one sided.

Just in St Andrews side is prob the best bat in this comp over the last 10 years in Dave Jolley, Gav Tapner who has won 3 A Turf b&f's, and a quality bowling line up of, Tapner, Wernham, Newton and co.

i think u find some pretty handy cricketers in a mats but i personally dont think it would be that one sided barkly st proved a couple of years ago coming out of a mats and playing finals in a turf the next year ,there is clubs that would love to play turf but just cant get the grounds were they want

joe magoocheeoo;217000 said:
i think u find some pretty handy cricketers in a mats but i personally dont think it would be that one sided barkly st proved a couple of years ago coming out of a mats and playing finals in a turf the next year ,there is clubs that would love to play turf but just cant get the grounds were they want

Well said MMVCA, i have played both A mats and A turf in this comp in the last 4 years and yes you are right joe, barkly street came from A mats and had 1 good season but now are finding it hard to win games consistently, there would be no side in the A mats lats year that would be able to come up and finish in the top 7 next year the jump from B turf to A Turf is big but from A mats to A turf is to big for any club

joe magoocheeoo;216880 said:
just a question and your opinion what would the margin be between turf and a matting game

first slipper;217001 said:
Well said MMVCA, i have played both A mats and A turf in this comp in the last 4 years and yes you are right joe, barkly street came from A mats and had 1 good season but now are finding it hard to win games consistently, there would be no side in the A mats lats year that would be able to come up and finish in the top 7 next year the jump from B turf to A Turf is big but from A mats to A turf is to big for any club

Well I was part of this whole process at Barkly Street so I'll give an honest assessment.
The main reason we have struggled since our first turf season is that we lost a heap of players in one single off-season.
There was a difference between grades, I found turf alot easier for what its worth. Certainly from a form perspective personally. Simply because I found the competition much harder and it actually motivates me to concentrate alot more, because I am a competitor. I found that in matting, I kept getting myself out because I thought "No way this guy can get me out...", and maybe that's sad but thats the way I was and still am.
But in actual quality, most turf sides would win against the best from the mats.

mmvca;216996 said:

mmvca;216996 said:

Well said mmvca.wat a top bloke

joe magoocheeoo;217000 said:

first slipper;217001 said:

Well I was part of this whole process at Barkly Street so I'll give an honest assessment.
The main reason we have struggled since our first turf season is that we lost a heap of players in one single off-season.
There was a difference between grades, I found turf alot easier for what its worth. Certainly from a form perspective personally. Simply because I found the competition much harder and it actually motivates me to concentrate alot more, because I am a competitor. I found that in matting, I kept getting myself out because I thought "No way this guy can get me out...", and maybe that's sad but thats the way I was and still am.
But in actual quality, most turf sides would win against the best from the mats.

mmvca;216996 said:

Well said mmvca.wat a top bloke

whatnogood;217234 said:
Announced at the last delegates meeting he is resigning. Matt Cervetto has resigned as well.

As much as people want to bag Brett, i think he has done a pretty good job, especially since the passing of Allan Oakmen.

whatnogood;217281 said:
Next season will be very interesting with a new President, Treasurer and 2nd year Administrator and Registrar.

I agree with mmvca"s last comment but maybe thats what the league needs some new blood could be a blessing in disguise and not this hitler regime that T. Scott runs ATM keep us as MMVCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back