mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

jake j;277065 said:
listen here roo girl the socials are one of a kind ,everyone hates us but would love to be one of us so dont pretend like you no us.We dont need big names all they do is let us down, socials are rebuilding from top to bottom, we have had our glory days and ill tell you now we will have them again.And just off this topic thanks St Marys for sticking arond for a beer last week.
Sorry from Johno

kingkong;276864 said:
Gday old hack, now that you have a new Gav, am i right to say the old Gav is heading out to past.:D
Not at all mate, GAV is a legend in many more ways than just cricket.

WE cannot afford to loose him anytime. There might be a mass retirement if he leaves.

But we can ride this wave as long as we can, even if we are old and no good and Gav has to carry us.

Good luck to all this week.

West Coburg 126, St Marys 3/48.

And FFNB, you made me smile when i got to the ground this morning.

For those that dont know, FFNB promised me a surprise when we played West Coburg. For the last couple of weeks, he has said that he will put me back on the shelf at bunnings, as im a garden gnome. Well when we got to the ground this morning and lifted the covers, there was not one but two gnomes under the covers! Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to do that.

Please meet meet Bangers and Mash.

West Coburg/St Marys game marred by a follicly challenged umpire who made three glaring errors for the day. Still evenly poised and hopefully the result is not determined by the man in charge who lacks credibility

Komodo Dragon;277653 said:
West Coburg/St Marys game marred by a follicly challenged umpire who made three glaring errors for the day. Still evenly poised and hopefully the result is not determined by the man in charge who lacks credibility

it was only a matter of time before the West Coburg boys started crying about poor umpiring decisions and blaming others for a shocking batting performance!!

You were lucky to get 226 against Pacco after being 6/95, only thanks to a good knock by Callum and now you're true batting ability has been shown up by a better bowling attack!!

Stop making excuses!

bomber27;277340 said:
St Andrews 117, Merlo 2 for 31

East Coburg 115 with St Francis 1 for 106. Costello bowled really well but deck was a minefield :eek: . As always - settles down in the arvo to be a road...lol :eek:

I think St Andrews deck was worse though.

Any other notable performances from the weekend?

What were the errors?

it was only a matter of time before the West Coburg boys started crying about poor umpiring decisions and blaming others for a shocking batting performance!!

You were lucky to get 226 against Pacco after being 6/95, only thanks to a good knock by Callum and now you're true batting ability has been shown up by a better bowling attack!!

Stop making excuses!

judd;277676 said:
East Coburg 115 with St Francis 1 for 106. Costello bowled really well but deck was a minefield :eek: . As always - settles down in the arvo to be a road...lol :eek:

Unfortunately boys the rain might ruin any results for this week, outlook doesn't look bright at all. :eek:

bomber27;277340 said:
St Andrews 117, Merlo 2 for 31

RooBoy;277671 said:

Stop making excuses!

is komodo even from west coburg???

What were the errors?

judd;277676 said:

No excuse for a poor batting performance. To be 6/29, the batsmen must not have wanted to hang around and take responsibility yet blame it on a pitch that was said to be a minefield? It mustve dried up when the Saints took their 6th wicket bc partnerships started to develop. Its good to see East Coburgs lower order teaching their top order how to bat.

All it takes is a little more concentration and right choice of shot selection to get through the tough periods on a track not playing as well as youd like it to.

Matty Costello is in the top 3 bowlers in the comp and it looks like he did what he pleased. Im tipping a few play and misses to him with figures of 5/19 off 16.

judd;277676 said:

Unfortunately boys the rain might ruin any results for this week, outlook doesn't look bright at all. :eek:

Lenko;277752 said:
No excuse for a poor batting performance. To be 6/29, the batsmen must not have wanted to hang around and take responsibility yet blame it on a pitch that was said to be a minefield? It mustve dried up when the Saints took their 6th wicket bc partnerships started to develop. Its good to see East Coburgs lower order teaching their top order how to bat.

All it takes is a little more concentration and right choice of shot selection to get through the tough periods on a track not playing as well as youd like it to.

Matty Costello is in the top 3 bowlers in the comp and it looks like he did what he pleased. Im tipping a few play and misses to him with figures of 5/19 off 16.

It depends on whether they were throwing there wickets away. Sometimes on those wickets its just a matter of time before you get one to take off, no matter how prepared you are to knuckle down.
You only had to watch the days play on Cole #1 to see that. The wicket was a disgrace and was just as bad from the first ball to the last ball of the day.

Matty would be in my top 6 but not top 3.

RooBoy;277671 said:

Stop making excuses!

is komodo even from west coburg???

bomber27;277759 said:
It depends on whether they were throwing there wickets away. Sometimes on those wickets its just a matter of time before you get one to take off, no matter how prepared you are to knuckle down.
You only had to watch the days play on Cole #1 to see that. The wicket was a disgrace and was just as bad from the first ball to the last ball of the day.

Why is are the wickets in that state Bomber?

judd;277676 said:

D Black fronted up for The Socials on Saturday. Came off about 8 steps, compared to the 15 - 20 he use too. Still had the ball around the batsmens ears. I believe he hit the opening batman in the head first over!

Oh the memories.....

Lenko;277752 said:

Hirdy05_;277768 said:
D Black fronted up for The Socials on Saturday. Came off about 8 steps, compared to the 15 - 20 he use too. Still had the ball around the batsmens ears. I believe he hit the opening batman in the head first over!

Oh the memories.....
claimed 2 victims with bouncers to the scone which unfortunately was the highlight for the day for the socials. Still none the less not bad for 41 years of age

bomber27;277759 said:

Why is are the wickets in that state Bomber?

bomber27;277759 said:

If matty isnt in your top 3 then give me 3 bowlers in our comp that are?? id have matty top 2 easy!!!

Oh the memories.....

bomber27;277759 said:

Apparantly it was just slow off the pitch. I think frustration got the better of those batsman from tight partnership bowling.

Matty top 6??

Id say top 2 along with Appleyard and Newton, Ward, Adams, Barker not far behind

Hirdy05_;277768 said:

Oh the memories.....
claimed 2 victims with bouncers to the scone which unfortunately was the highlight for the day for the socials. Still none the less not bad for 41 years of age

bomber27;277759 said:

If matty isnt in your top 3 then give me 3 bowlers in our comp that are?? id have matty top 2 easy!!!

Sainters_3_Peat;277805 said:
Paul Newton and Matty Costello are the best bowlers and are good blokes too.

I could not be any more proud to play along side Paul each week.

And playing against Matty I find him to be a great bloke also.

bomber27;277759 said:

Apparantly it was just slow off the pitch. I think frustration got the better of those batsman from tight partnership bowling.

Matty top 6??

Id say top 2 along with Appleyard and Newton, Ward, Adams, Barker not far behind

i must say i am so proud of east coburg cricket club and announcing our 500th player Lister Cooray! i believe our results on field prove what a strong club we are and that we are a force in this competition

i am also extremely happy that our association is getting fantastic exposure from this site!

well done MMVCA

bomber27;277759 said:

Top 3 bowlers (no particular order)

Wardy
Newton
Costello

Followed by -

Wernham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back