mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Gladyboy;281814 said:
We didnt require one due to the length of time since he played we lodged it with NWCA

Thats fair enough then, I just thought seeing that he played for us last season that you might need one.

Gladyboy;281814 said:
We didnt require one due to the length of time since he played we lodged it with NWCA

Thats fair enough then, I just thought seeing that he played for us last season that you might need one.

As always some interesting results over the weekend.

Some big scores. East Coburg 292, St Francis 303, Glenroy 289, West Coburg 304. Their opposition will need to bat at their best to get back into those matches.

A great comeback by Sunshine after being 4/5 and recovering to 170. At stumps St Andrews 4/22 and have it all in front of them. St Marys also in a spot of bother against Merylo.

Some big scores. East Coburg 292, St Francis 303, Glenroy 289, West Coburg 304. Their opposition will need to bat at their best to get back into those matches.

A great comeback by Sunshine after being 4/5 and recovering to 170. At stumps St Andrews 4/22 and have it all in front of them. St Marys also in a spot of bother against Merylo.

Blow In;281906 said:

Its been a season or two since I have played in the competition but I remember that if you made 200 runs on day 1 you would win 8 out of 10 games but there seems to be especially so far this season alot of scores 250 - 300 +. What would you put it down to? Better pitches? Better batsmen? Poor bowlers?

Blow In;281906 said:

Its been a season or two since I have played in the competition but I remember that if you made 200 runs on day 1 you would win 8 out of 10 games but there seems to be especially so far this season alot of scores 250 - 300 +. What would you put it down to? Better pitches? Better batsmen? Poor bowlers?

upthesaints;281952 said:

no grass on the grounds for a start its either 1 run or 4 runs

upthesaints;281952 said:

no grass on the grounds for a start its either 1 run or 4 runs

good to see the performance of young rising star jack donohoe in a turf cricket down at our club

also i see that steven babo made 144 against pascoe vale yesterday he must be seeing them well - rumour has it the wheels at pascoe vale are very loose, r terranova large contributor

good to see the performance of young rising star jack donohoe in a turf cricket down at our club

also i see that steven babo made 144 against pascoe vale yesterday he must be seeing them well - rumour has it the wheels at pascoe vale are very loose, r terranova large contributor

Looks like St Francis are really back to being a force. Babo must be seeing them like a basketball. We played them in rd 1 and I think they really want to play for Matty. Interesting to see rep cap eilers back in 2....having him bat at 6 is a luxury.

Parker who is the best bat in the comp imo is smashing them 2...Glenroy may be right up there this year. Ward and Pipe are a pretty handy opening combo.

I still have huge question marks over St Marys. They had us in all sorts when we played them but our batting that day was atrocious...it had little to do with great bowling although I will admit their spinner is the best in the comp imo.
Interestingly, when we played them we were 6 for nothing and they were still sniping with one another.....how will they be if they chase leather all day?!

Id suggest write off St Andrews at ur own peril. They are def the oldest team in the comp but they have talent all the way through. You need to keep them in the field all day but easier said then done.

Merlyo are obviously on the right track 2, Great effort after losing Pitts. I thought they would really struggle without him. Punky is a great player and leader of that side

Looks like St Francis are really back to being a force. Babo must be seeing them like a basketball. We played them in rd 1 and I think they really want to play for Matty. Interesting to see rep cap eilers back in 2....having him bat at 6 is a luxury.

Parker who is the best bat in the comp imo is smashing them 2...Glenroy may be right up there this year. Ward and Pipe are a pretty handy opening combo.

I still have huge question marks over St Marys. They had us in all sorts when we played them but our batting that day was atrocious...it had little to do with great bowling although I will admit their spinner is the best in the comp imo.
Interestingly, when we played them we were 6 for nothing and they were still sniping with one another.....how will they be if they chase leather all day?!

Id suggest write off St Andrews at ur own peril. They are def the oldest team in the comp but they have talent all the way through. You need to keep them in the field all day but easier said then done.

Merlyo are obviously on the right track 2, Great effort after losing Pitts. I thought they would really struggle without him. Punky is a great player and leader of that side

jontyfromsa;282229 said:

Merlyo are obviously on the right track 2, Great effort after losing Pitts. I thought they would really struggle without him.Punky is a great player and leader of that side

Jonty I don't think you can down play the influence of the new cc down there obviously the change of voice and message might be working. Having said that Punky is a gun and the measuring stick of how the side is travelling. They would be keen to have a bat over 75 overs after their poor showing against St Francis even though they got 240 odd.

jontyfromsa;282229 said:

Merlyo are obviously on the right track 2, Great effort after losing Pitts. I thought they would really struggle without him.Punky is a great player and leader of that side

Jonty I don't think you can down play the influence of the new cc down there obviously the change of voice and message might be working. Having said that Punky is a gun and the measuring stick of how the side is travelling. They would be keen to have a bat over 75 overs after their poor showing against St Francis even though they got 240 odd.

jontyfromsa;282229 said:

Dont worry about us lads we will be there come finals time and know what it takes to win the big one the best thing about our team is when one or two of us are down someone else steps up MARK MY WORDS WE WILL GET THE RUNS THIS WEEK!!!

jontyfromsa;282229 said:

Dont worry about us lads we will be there come finals time and know what it takes to win the big one the best thing about our team is when one or two of us are down someone else steps up MARK MY WORDS WE WILL GET THE RUNS THIS WEEK!!!

Hello All, just a quick follow up on this post. An individual has taken it upon himself to impersonate the president of our club and disciplinary action will be taken once we get to the bottom of the matter.

This behaviour is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

Firstly the name is spelt incorrecly and secondly - George (the real one) is as computer illiterate as they come so they is no way he would be on this site.

We extend our apologies to Pascoe Vale Cricket Club if any offence has been taken.

If this player is from another club and is trying to be funny - please refrain from further posting under our President's name. Use your own or find another username. Some of us are happy to put our REAL names out there - our usernames are just for humour.

Thanks again to the rest of the forums members who have been terrific towards our club.

Sean Cooray
A Grade Captain
East Coburg.

Hello All, just a quick follow up on this post. An individual has taken it upon himself to impersonate the president of our club and disciplinary action will be taken once we get to the bottom of the matter.

This behaviour is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

Firstly the name is spelt incorrecly and secondly - George (the real one) is as computer illiterate as they come so they is no way he would be on this site.

We extend our apologies to Pascoe Vale Cricket Club if any offence has been taken.

If this player is from another club and is trying to be funny - please refrain from further posting under our President's name. Use your own or find another username. Some of us are happy to put our REAL names out there - our usernames are just for humour.

Thanks again to the rest of the forums members who have been terrific towards our club.

Sean Cooray
A Grade Captain
East Coburg.

I don't need to remind you all that any member that is caught impersonating someone that they are not will have their account permanently banned. Assuming a fake identity is a serious offence and is a major breach of the BigCricket Terms and Conditions of Service.

Not only is it a stupid thing to do but the consequences could become much more serious than getting a ban from an internet discussion forum. Please do not post as someone else, it will not at all be tolerated.

I don't need to remind you all that any member that is caught impersonating someone that they are not will have their account permanently banned. Assuming a fake identity is a serious offence and is a major breach of the BigCricket Terms and Conditions of Service.

Not only is it a stupid thing to do but the consequences could become much more serious than getting a ban from an internet discussion forum. Please do not post as someone else, it will not at all be tolerated.

Komodo Dragon;281456 said:
Yeah but I think my spray is warranted MMVCA.

I think St Francis and West Coburg are the leading candidates, to answer your question. They seem to have solid bowling attacks to support their batting line-ups.
I am not sold on St Mary's yet as they don't seem to be beating anyone of substance at the moment.
Barkly Street could threaten and Glenroy have some decent bats.
Merlo lack quality batsmen but have guys who can hang around, but that won't win them games.
Sunshine Heights I can't really comment on because I know little about them, and don't want to speculate, or make an uneducated analysis of them. However I can confirm Socials are shit.
Haig are rebuilding but have nothing to build with.
East Coburg need their captain to lift. If he does they may sneak a finals place, particularly if he can find the form that saw him play premier cricket some time ago.
Pacco will pick up their fair share of points as long as this weather continues.
And finally St Andrews. I guess they still need to be respected. Three in a row will be a fair effort but not sure if they still have the hunger. Recent performances suggest they haven't, and that they just expect it to happen for them

Hope you appreciate my insight MMVCA

Come out and tell us who you are or at least who you play for and grade you play in stop sitting behind your computer screen.

Komodo Dragon;281456 said:
Yeah but I think my spray is warranted MMVCA.

I think St Francis and West Coburg are the leading candidates, to answer your question. They seem to have solid bowling attacks to support their batting line-ups.
I am not sold on St Mary's yet as they don't seem to be beating anyone of substance at the moment.
Barkly Street could threaten and Glenroy have some decent bats.
Merlo lack quality batsmen but have guys who can hang around, but that won't win them games.
Sunshine Heights I can't really comment on because I know little about them, and don't want to speculate, or make an uneducated analysis of them. However I can confirm Socials are shit.
Haig are rebuilding but have nothing to build with.
East Coburg need their captain to lift. If he does they may sneak a finals place, particularly if he can find the form that saw him play premier cricket some time ago.
Pacco will pick up their fair share of points as long as this weather continues.
And finally St Andrews. I guess they still need to be respected. Three in a row will be a fair effort but not sure if they still have the hunger. Recent performances suggest they haven't, and that they just expect it to happen for them

Hope you appreciate my insight MMVCA

Come out and tell us who you are or at least who you play for and grade you play in stop sitting behind your computer screen.

Ljp86;282407 said:

Thanks Ljp86 for your prompt attention to this!

Guys - this forum is well looked after!

Ljp86;282407 said:

Thanks Ljp86 for your prompt attention to this!

Guys - this forum is well looked after!

Sainters_3_Peat;282371 said:

what has happened to the st. andrews top order in te last couple of weeks?
any obvious reason for the poor form two games running?

Sainters_3_Peat;282371 said:

what has happened to the st. andrews top order in te last couple of weeks?
any obvious reason for the poor form two games running?

Babo is obviously seeing them pretty well, any ideas on how to dismiss him at the moment? It looks as though he was run out last ball of the innings last week, batted through the innings the other week and was not out first week last round. He has really turned things around after struggling and playings 2's last year. Well Done.

So if there is anyone who plays for Merlo or Pacco that has watched him bat this year, and ideas? favourite shots? areas where he hits in the air? weaknesses (if any at the moment)?

I think if Babo maintains his good form, maybe not to this extreme, and Phil Eilers can bat down at 6 (what a luxury that is), St Francis can do some damage this. Especially if Matty Costello and co and do the work with the Ball. I think St Francis could be a big danger to St Andrews, West Coburg & St Mary's. Hopefully are another couple of game producing results, things will sort themselves out.

Merlo seems to have turned the corner also and are playing very well at the moment with some new players, does anyone know anything about Bacon, Hayter, Murray & Sundar. I'm not sure when we played them last year they were there. Also i notice T Gleisner is not playing this game, dropped or unavailable?

Babo is obviously seeing them pretty well, any ideas on how to dismiss him at the moment? It looks as though he was run out last ball of the innings last week, batted through the innings the other week and was not out first week last round. He has really turned things around after struggling and playings 2's last year. Well Done.

So if there is anyone who plays for Merlo or Pacco that has watched him bat this year, and ideas? favourite shots? areas where he hits in the air? weaknesses (if any at the moment)?

I think if Babo maintains his good form, maybe not to this extreme, and Phil Eilers can bat down at 6 (what a luxury that is), St Francis can do some damage this. Especially if Matty Costello and co and do the work with the Ball. I think St Francis could be a big danger to St Andrews, West Coburg & St Mary's. Hopefully are another couple of game producing results, things will sort themselves out.

Merlo seems to have turned the corner also and are playing very well at the moment with some new players, does anyone know anything about Bacon, Hayter, Murray & Sundar. I'm not sure when we played them last year they were there. Also i notice T Gleisner is not playing this game, dropped or unavailable?

thought Babo was solid when he played us. Strong through the offside especially square. Did not get to see too much thankfully as we were washed out but a very very solid batsman. Plays only what he needs to.

Will be interesting to see if any of us get out on the park this weekend. I dont think we will.

Hell of a recovery by Sunshine and if it rains - I think St Andrews have a professional rain dancer on the payroll! :D

Notable bowling performances the weekend - O'Brien with 6 / Summerfield with 4 and Newton with another 4.

thought Babo was solid when he played us. Strong through the offside especially square. Did not get to see too much thankfully as we were washed out but a very very solid batsman. Plays only what he needs to.

Will be interesting to see if any of us get out on the park this weekend. I dont think we will.

Hell of a recovery by Sunshine and if it rains - I think St Andrews have a professional rain dancer on the payroll! :D

Notable bowling performances the weekend - O'Brien with 6 / Summerfield with 4 and Newton with another 4.

GeeCeeCee;282790 said:

Just keep away from Babo's pads. :D

Bacon - played all his juniors at the club, played in our back 2 back B Turf flags, second year in A Turf.
Hayter - new player, from England.
Murray - new player, Captain Coach and doing a great job
Sundar - Very talented young player, had a season off last year.
Gleisner - Unavailable this game (work), will be back next game.

GeeCeeCee;282790 said:

Just keep away from Babo's pads. :D

Bacon - played all his juniors at the club, played in our back 2 back B Turf flags, second year in A Turf.
Hayter - new player, from England.
Murray - new player, Captain Coach and doing a great job
Sundar - Very talented young player, had a season off last year.
Gleisner - Unavailable this game (work), will be back next game.

Old School;282412 said:

Now hang on there for one moment old school. Now 'shit' may be a pretty strong word to use, particularly if you are slightly sensitive, but unless I am missing something pretty obvious then my synopsis would be fairly accurate. And I aren't just talking about your side.
If you read my review of the sides again you would find that I have made a pretty measured and meticulous account of all teams' performances to date, and the form on the weekend would certainly validate that.
So I would have expected some credit or indeed some praise for my analysis from you instead of any criticism you would care to lodge.
You may not like my perception of your team, but at the end of the day I don't really give a shit.
Fortunately, you have plenty of time to turn things around but lets be honest, you aren't really travelling too well at the moment and there is a ladder on my-cricket that supports this. So don't get pissed of with me.

Old School;282412 said:

Now hang on there for one moment old school. Now 'shit' may be a pretty strong word to use, particularly if you are slightly sensitive, but unless I am missing something pretty obvious then my synopsis would be fairly accurate. And I aren't just talking about your side.
If you read my review of the sides again you would find that I have made a pretty measured and meticulous account of all teams' performances to date, and the form on the weekend would certainly validate that.
So I would have expected some credit or indeed some praise for my analysis from you instead of any criticism you would care to lodge.
You may not like my perception of your team, but at the end of the day I don't really give a shit.
Fortunately, you have plenty of time to turn things around but lets be honest, you aren't really travelling too well at the moment and there is a ladder on my-cricket that supports this. So don't get pissed of with me.

Komodo Dragon;282918 said:

KOMODO DRAGON they may be having a bad patch atm but ur a tosser

Komodo Dragon;282918 said:

KOMODO DRAGON they may be having a bad patch atm but ur a tosser

Babo did bat well on sat was very very lucky early and did well to survive, but once set was solid anything on legs is delt with. A weekness for him is he does not play the medium pace bowling that goes away from off stump well was dropped at 2nd slip on about 65 and edged 4 or 5 times throuh slips he much perfures the ball coming on to him. Also does not like it when you talk to him sooked up really well. some innocent comments to him will have him running to the umpire.

Babo did bat well on sat was very very lucky early and did well to survive, but once set was solid anything on legs is delt with. A weekness for him is he does not play the medium pace bowling that goes away from off stump well was dropped at 2nd slip on about 65 and edged 4 or 5 times throuh slips he much perfures the ball coming on to him. Also does not like it when you talk to him sooked up really well. some innocent comments to him will have him running to the umpire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back