mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Dont want to drone on too much but Pas is a great young bloke. He's actually not arrogant one bit, particulary being so young. I was a million times more cocky than him at that age.
His greatest attribute is that he listens to older blokes and really wants to learn and improve. He fully knows he has some defieciencies on his game but all he wants to do is develop. He will end up making piles of runs in this comp in future years.
Like a lot of older blokes in this comp, playing with young guys is half the reason we keep playing. Its great to see them develop and helps keep me young mentally as well.

To the St Andrews blokes trust your instincts, they have played plenty of senior cricket and would no doubt have 1 the kids best interests at heart and 2 the knowledge to know if this kid should be fast tracked.
There are so few good spinners around anywhere and of course he will be hit a bit if he plays turf cricket, but so what. He will develop much quicker playing against guys who have some technique.

Cheers and good luck to all sides except Haig lol...

Dont want to drone on too much but Pas is a great young bloke. He's actually not arrogant one bit, particulary being so young. I was a million times more cocky than him at that age.
His greatest attribute is that he listens to older blokes and really wants to learn and improve. He fully knows he has some defieciencies on his game but all he wants to do is develop. He will end up making piles of runs in this comp in future years.
Like a lot of older blokes in this comp, playing with young guys is half the reason we keep playing. Its great to see them develop and helps keep me young mentally as well.

To the St Andrews blokes trust your instincts, they have played plenty of senior cricket and would no doubt have 1 the kids best interests at heart and 2 the knowledge to know if this kid should be fast tracked.
There are so few good spinners around anywhere and of course he will be hit a bit if he plays turf cricket, but so what. He will develop much quicker playing against guys who have some technique.

Cheers and good luck to all sides except Haig lol...

old hack;289801 said:
We have done all those things you have suggested. This should/will and has be done.

Do you think he would be picked without asking him, or speaking to his parents and junior coaches. We have done all that.

Him playing with his mates and enjoying his cricket is the most important thing here. Not filling a whole that we have.

I do agree with everything you have said and we have naturally done this. I have lots of friends at district level and he will be helped to get to that level.

I get the feeling that everyone thinks they know better than us and the are in a very poor position to judge as they have not even seen him, Trust me you will. If he isn't any good then everyone can get some easy runs. But interesting to get peoples opinion, that is what this forum is for. Better than reading some guy having a go at another.

Good luck to you on your game mate and if you are around love to have a beer after the game and discuss it further. come over and say hello.

Too much talk on this topic really, I am sorry.

I find it puzzling that everyone thinks we have no clue in judging a cricketers ability. Most people in leadership positions in clubs and have been around for many years do know a bit about cricket, just interesting that everyone thinks I don't. And thats ok too. We will keep our own house in order and wish everyone luck with theirs. This was not a response from your post, just others.

Not one team seemed to care about it when the rule was proposed. As a parent I believe the rule is good and should stay as is but then if clubs want to change it then that's up to them.

old hack;289801 said:
We have done all those things you have suggested. This should/will and has be done.

Do you think he would be picked without asking him, or speaking to his parents and junior coaches. We have done all that.

Him playing with his mates and enjoying his cricket is the most important thing here. Not filling a whole that we have.

I do agree with everything you have said and we have naturally done this. I have lots of friends at district level and he will be helped to get to that level.

I get the feeling that everyone thinks they know better than us and the are in a very poor position to judge as they have not even seen him, Trust me you will. If he isn't any good then everyone can get some easy runs. But interesting to get peoples opinion, that is what this forum is for. Better than reading some guy having a go at another.

Good luck to you on your game mate and if you are around love to have a beer after the game and discuss it further. come over and say hello.

Too much talk on this topic really, I am sorry.

I find it puzzling that everyone thinks we have no clue in judging a cricketers ability. Most people in leadership positions in clubs and have been around for many years do know a bit about cricket, just interesting that everyone thinks I don't. And thats ok too. We will keep our own house in order and wish everyone luck with theirs. This was not a response from your post, just others.

Not one team seemed to care about it when the rule was proposed. As a parent I believe the rule is good and should stay as is but then if clubs want to change it then that's up to them.

Bugsy;289803 said:
I would like to say that i have been reading all this Bull S#%t on here about West Coburg and feel that a lot of you guys are being a bit harsh on guys like Pas, yes he is young and needs a bit of work but who doesnt as a 16 yr old in this comp.I hear people describe him as cocky tell me how many 16 yr olds arent but remember they learn from us older guys so really think where he gets this attitude from. Cricket is all about confidence and at times the West Coburg batsmen lack this exception to a few older more experienced guys. In the year I captained their last flag in 02/03 with Dave Hall we worked well as a team and I am sure Callum and Dave will work well and find what they are looking for to get that flag in the coming years hopefully sooner than later.
Good Luck to Callum and the boys and lets leave them to get on with it....

Kyle Adams = SUPERSTAR
well done big fella.

Bugsy;289803 said:
I would like to say that i have been reading all this Bull S#%t on here about West Coburg and feel that a lot of you guys are being a bit harsh on guys like Pas, yes he is young and needs a bit of work but who doesnt as a 16 yr old in this comp.I hear people describe him as cocky tell me how many 16 yr olds arent but remember they learn from us older guys so really think where he gets this attitude from. Cricket is all about confidence and at times the West Coburg batsmen lack this exception to a few older more experienced guys. In the year I captained their last flag in 02/03 with Dave Hall we worked well as a team and I am sure Callum and Dave will work well and find what they are looking for to get that flag in the coming years hopefully sooner than later.
Good Luck to Callum and the boys and lets leave them to get on with it....

Kyle Adams = SUPERSTAR
well done big fella.

U21's results:

Played WDCA today and batted on a road down at Williamstown. Made 225 in our 45 overs. Ev Long 113* Babo 39 M Pell 37 B Harding 27

In reply they were all out for around 200.

Very good win. Playing at Coburg City Oval next week.

U21's results:

Played WDCA today and batted on a road down at Williamstown. Made 225 in our 45 overs. Ev Long 113* Babo 39 M Pell 37 B Harding 27

wetdeck;290050 said:
U21's results:

ey lets get things right here babo made 29 lol Pelly second top scored. Great win by us, Pas snared 4 and mick costello, ev long and benny harding all bowled really well against some big hitting.

Sour note though, some c&%$ decided he'd walk into the rooms while we were bowling and pinch mick costello's and my bat!!! fkn shatted man atm. If anyone has a decent bat they don't use and feel generous enough to donate it, i would be more than welcoming, i don't feel like forking out another 400 for a fisher. :mad:

wetdeck;290050 said:
U21's results:

ey lets get things right here babo made 29 lol Pelly second top scored. Great win by us, Pas snared 4 and mick costello, ev long and benny harding all bowled really well against some big hitting.

Sour note though, some c&%$ decided he'd walk into the rooms while we were bowling and pinch mick costello's and my bat!!! fkn shatted man atm. If anyone has a decent bat they don't use and feel generous enough to donate it, i would be more than welcoming, i don't feel like forking out another 400 for a fisher. :mad:

wetdeck;283772 said:
No doubting it's a good side. But there could be a couple added to it.
Blokes like Pipe from Glenroy is on fire at the moment after making a ton last week.
Long is a good player, but has played the last few years and hasn't made a run on the turf...[/QUOTE]

Would you like them words to be put in the microwave and heated up?

And frontfootnoball, where are you you maggot? Gone into hiding a little bit this week. You obviously didnt have a good time yesterday!

Arsewipe.

wetdeck;283772 said:
Blokes like Pipe from Glenroy is on fire at the moment after making a ton last week.
Long is a good player, but has played the last few years and hasn't made a run on the turf...[/QUOTE]

And frontfootnoball, where are you you maggot? Gone into hiding a little bit this week. You obviously didnt have a good time yesterday!

Arsewipe.

kingkong;290084 said:
Does anyone know how Paulie Newton went on the weekend.

Paulie got a hat trick. ended up with six for not many. dunno how much help he got from the deck though but what a performance!!!

St. francis can now be written off as well!

kingkong;290084 said:
Does anyone know how Paulie Newton went on the weekend.

Paulie got a hat trick. ended up with six for not many. dunno how much help he got from the deck though but what a performance!!!

wal05;290086 said:

How are St.Andrews looking now does anyone still think there to old and over the hill.

wal05;290086 said:

How are St.Andrews looking now does anyone still think there to old and over the hill.

DonPavillion;290057 said:

Got an old county...in pretty good nick. Don't use it these days but it's had plenty of runs come off it so it's pretty well knocked in. I can give it to Milky to give to you next sunday if you like.

Never say West coburg blokes are a bad bunch!

We had a super win saturday....Haig were 5-96 chasing 105, then went to 9-103 (Adams and Apples were outstanding). Un-beknown to us the 10th wicket and his car were in disagreement some between brighton and Coburg....in the end the car won out and he didn't make it in time to have a bat.

Then went and had a look at St.Andrews towel up St.Francis. Newton's hat trick was all class. St.Andrews vs West should be a cracker!

DonPavillion;290057 said:

Got an old county...in pretty good nick. Don't use it these days but it's had plenty of runs come off it so it's pretty well knocked in. I can give it to Milky to give to you next sunday if you like.

Never say West coburg blokes are a bad bunch!

We had a super win saturday....Haig were 5-96 chasing 105, then went to 9-103 (Adams and Apples were outstanding). Un-beknown to us the 10th wicket and his car were in disagreement some between brighton and Coburg....in the end the car won out and he didn't make it in time to have a bat.

Then went and had a look at St.Andrews towel up St.Francis. Newton's hat trick was all class. St.Andrews vs West should be a cracker!

kingkong;290102 said:

kk, I think that St Andrews was being put under pressure due to their lack of runs this year. They get 185 off 30 odd and the bowlers can come with a little pressure off. Don't get me wrong PN hatrick was unbelievable to watch, right from the ball he bowled Mi Costello (what was he thinking) surely given the situation and ones lack of ability his shot selection was not only ordinary but one who's clearly mixed up his ability with his ambition! The ball to PE was a gem, enough said. Good games this week St A vs Westy and Merlo vs Glenroy............... nice

kingkong;290102 said:

kk, I think that St Andrews was being put under pressure due to their lack of runs this year. They get 185 off 30 odd and the bowlers can come with a little pressure off. Don't get me wrong PN hatrick was unbelievable to watch, right from the ball he bowled Mi Costello (what was he thinking) surely given the situation and ones lack of ability his shot selection was not only ordinary but one who's clearly mixed up his ability with his ambition! The ball to PE was a gem, enough said. Good games this week St A vs Westy and Merlo vs Glenroy............... nice

wal05;290086 said:

you get more stupid by the day
st andrews smacked st francis...no doubt...but they will learn a lot from that defeat and being such a young side will most probably bounce back very quickly.
You've written west off and we're on top of the ladder. Your as weak as piss, crowing everywhere but wont even say who you play for.
If we knock off St Andrews this week does that mean they can be written off as well?!

wal05;290086 said:

st andrews smacked st francis...no doubt...but they will learn a lot from that defeat and being such a young side will most probably bounce back very quickly.
You've written west off and we're on top of the ladder. Your as weak as piss, crowing everywhere but wont even say who you play for.
If we knock off St Andrews this week does that mean they can be written off as well?!

jontyfromsa;290226 said:

Good Response !!!

I have been very busy lately,but it is time to make a comment on some of the crap that is being written on here at the moment.

We either(as i do)watch or play park cricket,no more no less.

To sit and read bagging of individuals and teams is a joke and to all concerned who have nothing better to do,get a life.

Let me tell you what our cricket is about,this Saturday,i stood on the boundary watching a good game with guys from 4 or 5 different sides who are not only cricketers but good blokes.

This is what our game is about,play hard but enjoy each others company off the ground.

Could go on,but enough said !!!!

F.O.S

jontyfromsa;290226 said:

Good Response !!!

I have been very busy lately,but it is time to make a comment on some of the crap that is being written on here at the moment.

We either(as i do)watch or play park cricket,no more no less.

To sit and read bagging of individuals and teams is a joke and to all concerned who have nothing better to do,get a life.

Let me tell you what our cricket is about,this Saturday,i stood on the boundary watching a good game with guys from 4 or 5 different sides who are not only cricketers but good blokes.

This is what our game is about,play hard but enjoy each others company off the ground.

Could go on,but enough said !!!!

F.O.S

mmvca;290081 said:
wetdeck;283772 said:

Arsewipe.

Ev Long is a great bloke.

Good to see him getting runs, just wished he had made some for us last season

mmvca;290081 said:
wetdeck;283772 said:

Arsewipe.

mmvca;290081 said:
wetdeck;283772 said:

Arsewipe.

Did West Coburg win?

mmvca;290081 said:
wetdeck;283772 said:

Arsewipe.

Did West Coburg win?

7/564;290343 said:
mmvca;290081 said:

agreed mate, longie is a top bloke. went down and had a little watch yesty, hit an unbelievable ton. was a great knock, sent them to all parts.

on a completely different note mmvca is predom only a bunch of old blokes havin a hit in the park or what some call "pitches".

7/564;290343 said:
mmvca;290081 said:

agreed mate, longie is a top bloke. went down and had a little watch yesty, hit an unbelievable ton. was a great knock, sent them to all parts.

on a completely different note mmvca is predom only a bunch of old blokes havin a hit in the park or what some call "pitches".

cya champ;290346 said:
7/564;290343 said:

And how's this different from any other local comp.

Hope you didn't spend all day trying to come up with that one.

cya champ;290346 said:
7/564;290343 said:

bomber27;290371 said:
cya champ;290346 said:
[/B]

haha don't need to champ, hope you dont spend your life playing in this comp!

ok iam going to name a few players in the league and i would like some honest opinions about them and their games if thats alright.

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

bomber27;290371 said:
cya champ;290346 said:
[/B]

ok iam going to name a few players in the league and i would like some honest opinions about them and their games if thats alright.

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

hardings very underrated, will ton up this year

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

hardings very underrated, will ton up this year

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Can't be to bad a comp if your happy to play in it.

I'm not planning on going anywhere. This comps as good as any local comp for what I'm looking for. As far as I'm concerned there is only two levels to play, District level or local comps.

So if your not playing District, then your in the same boat as me, whether its this comp or any other local comp.

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Can't be to bad a comp if your happy to play in it.

I'm not planning on going anywhere. This comps as good as any local comp for what I'm looking for. As far as I'm concerned there is only two levels to play, District level or local comps.

So if your not playing District, then your in the same boat as me, whether its this comp or any other local comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back