Mohammad Asif Tests Positive for Drugs during IPL

Re: Mohammad Asif Tests Positive for Drugs during IPL

If Asif had been caught once then fair do's, serve your ban and come back. Everyone makes mistakes. He's been caught 3 times now so frankly he deserves everything he gets and tbh, it should be a ban of some considerable length.

Life ban? Why should he be able to play cricket again when he has failed to respond to prior warnings? The AFL's drug policy is 3 strikes and you're out for good and that copped big media criticism because everyone thought it was too relaxed, and now the ICC are even worse. He's had 3 strikes and I doubt he will be out for good. Wake up and take a look at yourselves ICC.

Afridi_fan;29328 said:
If you must know I am close to Asif cus his cousin is my very good friend. I talked to him about all this and I will take his word above all you people. Asif bhai feels that this is all a conspiracy to keep him down. He doesnt even know anything about drugs. Its very disappointing that a innocent man has to face all this crap
The results prove this. Why do the two samples have different readings? How can that be possible? I can smell a conspiracy. Someone obviously planted the samples. And who was behind this? Thats right the IPL which is headed by BCCI so dont get me started on Indians and BCCI. They are two faced
If you're so close to Asif, why don't you just tell him to make some calls and get you in the team instead of playing "in the local parks" for free? :rolleyes:

Seriously, how can someone be this obsessed?

Ok so we know that Mohammad Asif has tested positive to drugs. Why ban him for life, I think that would be going too far. Why not just deregister him from all forms of cricket until he is clean and is ready to come back to play cricket again.
The ICC should look at going the same way as the AFL did with Ben Cousins.

schwab2clarkson;269755 said:
Ok so we know that Mohammad Asif has tested positive to drugs. Why ban him for life, I think that would be going too far. Why not just deregister him from all forms of cricket until he is clean and is ready to come back to play cricket again.

There has to be some form of deterrent. If someone thinks they can do what they want until they get caught, then get a slap on the wrist and just go back to playing clean again - it's a dangerous system. If someone knows that getting caught means getting kicked out for good, they're less likely to chance it in the first place.

I agree that people deserve a second chance - everyone makes mistakes and there is a lot of pressure on international athletes. But there has to be a line, that, once you've crossed it there's no coming back. Asif has had plenty of chances as far as I can see.

schwab2clarkson;269757 said:
Trust me the PCB have nothing to do with this.

Of course the PCB has something to do with it. Cricket on the whole has nothing to do with WADA and instead rely on the individual international boards to administer punishment.

In this case the BCCI/IPL will also have a say but they'll be leaned on by the PCB to go easy.

schwab2clarkson;269755 said:

Why not ban for him life? As with many things there are drugs and then there are drugs. Being caught for a recreational drug (cocaine/hash) is one thing but when it's a performance enhancing drug it's a totally different case, especially when it's not the first offence.

He got off the first incident because of his 'stupidity' so that defence is out of the question this time. If your a professional athlete you have responsibilities and if you fail to live up to them then you should lose the right to be an athlete. Or do we just have a free reign on drugs in cricket and let whoever take whatever?

All things being equal, if Asif had shown genuine remorse then served his time people would be a little more lenient with him, as it is they just think he's taking the piss.

Afridi_fan;264737 said:
If you must know I am close to Asif cus his cousin is my very good friend. I talked to him about all this and I will take his word above all you people. Asif bhai feels that this is all a conspiracy to keep him down. He doesnt even know anything about drugs. Its very disappointing that a innocent man has to face all this crap
The results prove this. Why do the two samples have different readings? How can that be possible? I can smell a conspiracy. Someone obviously planted the samples. And who was behind this? Thats right the IPL which is headed by BCCI so dont get me started on Indians and BCCI. They are two faced

This made me laugh. Ssly, here is my official "LOL!"...

Back