Moises Henriques

Re: Moises Henriques

Moises should be worried. You can't continually be picked on potential. He's been in and around the team now for 3 or 4 seasons - and hasn't performed. I think a sabbatical in club cricket may be around the corner for Moises.

You've got to feel for him though - that level of expectation must be a burden and clearly not everyone can deal with it.

Sober Symonds;385288 said:
Ants, apart from the fact that you started this thread and left the rest of us to meander along without getting back to us, I want to remind you of something.

I watched a replay of the T/20 match between NSW and Trinidad & Tobago played last year during the IPL Champions League. I hadn't seen it before, only read about it. Is it realistically possible for anyone to be flogged as much as young Moises was? Perhaps a little more time is required.

Didn't think there was much to get back to, considering most of it was about Mitch Marsh and for some reason Pomersbach lol. Never seen that game, but throughout this seasons T20 Big Bash, he got smacked about a bit as well. I agree with the fact that Moises needs a bit more time, the reason I started this thread was simply to get peoples thoughts on future prospects.

I'm not prepared to write him off at 23 - bar fast bowlers most players don't reach their potential til their mid to late 20s - but including him in the preliminary WC squad is too much.

What about young Tom Stray from Ringwood?

Why is it that there is not one Ringwood player in the current Vic teams, when they have won the last two flags convincingly and ae on track for a threepeat?

Uh, no offence Mrs Stray, but that would be an even worse choice than Henriques. Which is saying a fair bit.

Anyone selected should at least be selected and performing at List A level.

No offence taken!

the point is that surely some of the Ringwood boys should be getting a chance to play state cricket instead of picking the old hands who will NEVER play for Australia!

Unless they move to NSW :)

Cubes;390499 said:
No offence taken!

the point is that surely some of the Ringwood boys should be getting a chance to play state cricket instead of picking the old hands who will NEVER play for Australia!

Unless they move to NSW :)

Stray should've played against Queensland instead of Lloyd Mash in the recent 4 dayer! However selection for the Australian T20 squad would be ludicrous.

thommy_rissole;390500 said:
Stray should've played against Queensland instead of Lloyd Mash in the recent 4 dayer! However selection for the Australian T20 squad would be ludicrous.

No doubt it would be, but the bigger prize needs to be looked at and without promoting youth in the set up it will be the Australian sides that will suffer in the end! I think having the u23 state comp. goes somewhere towards where we need to start, and the reasons for having this are primarily because CA were starting to get worried that the younger guys were not getting a go!

ants14;382900 said:
How good to people thing this bloke is going to be? He is 22 years old, and in the absence of the Australian representatives, he is the captain of New South Wales. I personally could see him breaking through in the next 5 years and becoming one of the world's best all rounders.
Thoughts?

Getting the easiest run out of all players in recent years, doesn't deserve to be there after playing so many games with nothing to show.

Moises should concentrate on batting and ditch the bowling as he really doesn't look all that when he's bowling. He's a pretty nice looking batsman though but really could try conentrating more. Is 20/20 stuffing up young players' concentration levels and techniques faster than we think?

Mitchell Marsh is being even more hyped for not a great deal to show, but for all that, when I watched him batting in the semi-final of the U19's WC I thought 'there's our future baggy green no 3'. I haven't seen a youngster with that much time to play his shots and that much presence at the crease since I can remember. He's got the toys that's for sure, but Mark Waugh praising him is the kiss of death probably.

He needs some time to settle into state cricket and score some big runs.

Beeswax;396914 said:
Moises should concentrate on batting and ditch the bowling as he really doesn't look all that when he's bowling. He's a pretty nice looking batsman though but really could try conentrating more. Is 20/20 stuffing up young players' concentration levels and techniques faster than we think?

Mitchell Marsh is being even more hyped for not a great deal to show, but for all that, when I watched him batting in the semi-final of the U19's WC I thought 'there's our future baggy green no 3'. I haven't seen a youngster with that much time to play his shots and that much presence at the crease since I can remember. He's got the toys that's for sure, but Mark Waugh praising him is the kiss of death probably.

He needs some time to settle into state cricket and score some big runs.

He may have to get past the previous U19's captain if he wants the No3, Mick Hill will have it one day I reckon.

I haven't seen Hill bat, I'll have to keep an eye open for any highlights I can find then.

I saw Khawaja bat at U19 level for Aus and I thought he looked the goods even then.:cool:

If Victoria don't give Hill a decent run at first class level next season, he needs to move interstate. Personally I think it's disgraceful that he only debuted in February.

Caesar;397625 said:
If Victoria don't give Hill a decent run at first class level next season, he needs to move interstate. Personally I think it's disgraceful that he only debuted in February.

Well that is a step they are uwilling to take.

Wonder who he will play with in 11-12?

Back