Money Shield 18/19

I don't think so. Surely they're no worse than Mill Park, who, outside of Mash Potato Shield have been perennial cellar dwellers for a decade.

Was just winding them up.

But if you look closely at their results - they won 7 games and in 5 of those games the top scorer was Minney, Mash or Turner.

And 4 of those wins were against just 2 teams, Mill Park and Greensborough.

If they lose all three, it could be a tough season for them.

It’s Time for the panthers to wipe it all back give Matty the captaincy and start again they’ll win enough games to stay up
If Matty got the captaincy it would be a step forward, although having someone whos head and heart is in it 100% would be best and unfortunately I don't think his is after they way that club acts and after his brother left.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Won’t go anywhere with that type of mantra. It’s either you’re in for the start to finish or your not in at all. Nothing good comes from blokes only committed to the cause when it suits their schedule. I don’t care how good you are.

Absolutely ludicrous thing to say.

Lloyd Mash has working commitments with the Melbourne Renegades which surprise surprise is during the cricket season, Mark Minney as most know is a local Police Officer who will at times be scheduled to work. There is not a club in the DVCA or any other local club in Victoria that would knock back either of them. So stop trying to sensationalise it. Having either or both is a massive boost for Eltham.

Absolutely ludicrous thing to say.

Lloyd Mash has working commitments with the Melbourne Renegades which surprise surprise is during the cricket season, Mark Minney as most know is a local Police Officer who will at times be scheduled to work. There is not a club in the DVCA or any other local club in Victoria that would knock back either of them. So stop trying to sensationalise it. Having either or both is a massive boost for Eltham.

My opinion mate.

Whenever these players come in, someone comes out. Out one week, in the next whenever the schedule suits. Tough going for your fringe players to get any continuity and confidence. In my ludicrous opinion, this set up is not conducive to creating a healthy team culture when guys come in and out like this. There becomes such a significant reliance on these guys.

If the team loses without them, the thoughts amongst the players become"we would have won it with them" rather than addressing the issues which caused the loss. It never helps as well when the opposition teams probably say to them after the game "probably would have been different result had they played". You will only need to look at the semi final result to see how bad it goes when they actually play and it doesn't pay off. It turns to sh%t.

My opinion would be exactly the same for any individual players or club who plan to operate with part time players not just Eltham or Skips/Mash.

My opinion mate.

Whenever these players come in, someone comes out. Out one week, in the next whenever the schedule suits. Tough going for your fringe players to get any continuity and confidence. In my ludicrous opinion, this set up is not conducive to creating a healthy team culture when guys come in and out like this. There becomes such a significant reliance on these guys.

If the team loses without them, the thoughts amongst the players become"we would have won it with them" rather than addressing the issues which caused the loss. It never helps as well when the opposition teams probably say to them after the game "probably would have been different result had they played". You will only need to look at the semi final result to see how bad it goes when they actually play and it doesn't pay off. It turns to sh%t.

My opinion would be exactly the same for any individual players or club who plan to operate with part time players not just Eltham or Skips/Mash.

I agree. Having players come and go as they please is bad for team morale.

Even if they are superstars, if they fail after they have pushed someone out of the team then it creates murmurs.

My opinion mate.

I agree. Having players come and go as they please is bad for team morale.

Even if they are superstars, if they fail after they have pushed someone out of the team then it creates murmurs.

Can you both honestly say that if either of those two (Mash/Minney) walked in off the streets and said "I want to play at your club this year, money isn't an issue, but I will miss 4 games", you would say thank you but not thank you. You're kidding yourself.

Can you both honestly say that if either of those two (Mash/Minney) walked in off the streets and said "I want to play at your club this year, money isn't an issue, but I will miss 4 games", you would say thank you but not thank you. You're kidding yourself.

IN MY OPINION it's not a sustainable way for a club in 2nd Division to approach things if they want to grow, create a culture and have success ultimately in the top tier. Unless of course they don't want to do the above that are happy with how things are currently, in that case, good luck to them. It's a failed and flawed system which Eltham continue to employ. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

It's a forum for opinions, if you don't that's agree with mine that's fine, it's open for discussion however you should part ways with the tone and sly personal digs with your retorts, it's honestly embarrassing.

But that's not what's happening.

Mash and Minney aren't walking off the street. They played the previous season.

"Money is not an issue". These two aren't playing for nothing. I doubt they're paying subs and ball money!

As Savage RN has said, Eltham would be doing the same thing as the previous season, but hoping for a different result. If you're going to fork out cash, why not recruit players that will play every match.

But that's not what's happening.

Mash and Minney aren't walking off the street. They played the previous season.

"Money is not an issue". These two aren't playing for nothing. I doubt they're paying subs and ball money!

As Savage RN has said, Eltham would be doing the same thing as the previous season, but hoping for a different result. If you're going to fork out cash, why not recruit players that will play every match.

“It’s amazing to have him. Just his knowledge of cricket and field placements is unbelievable,” Eltham captain-coach Keith Davidson said of Mash.

“Even if he is not making runs, he is still worth every dollar.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...2fzQaXlWTsJXZ519iRTOhABGe56qKN8Wg_xbL8oQIjILQ

- Link for reference. Don't peddle the narrative that it's not costing Eltham anything.

Last edited:
IN MY OPINION it's not a sustainable way for a club in 2nd Division to approach things if they want to grow, create a culture and have success ultimately in the top tier. Unless of course they don't want to do the above that are happy with how things are currently, in that case, good luck to them. It's a failed and flawed system which Eltham continue to employ. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

It's a forum for opinions, if you don't that's agree with mine that's fine, it's open for discussion however you should part ways with the tone and sly personal digs with your retorts, it's honestly embarrassing.

And yet in all that waffle, you didn't answer my question. Would you turn them both away if they came knocking at your door to play 80% of games?

“It’s amazing to have him. Just his knowledge of cricket and field placements is unbelievable,” Eltham captain-coach Keith Davidson said of Mash.

“Even if he is not making runs, he is still worth every dollar.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...2fzQaXlWTsJXZ519iRTOhABGe56qKN8Wg_xbL8oQIjILQ

- Link for reference. Don't peddle the narrative that it's not costing Eltham anything.

Money wasn't the debate (The cost for both, is minimal as they are Eltham bred guys). The debate was that its wrong they don't play every game. Are you saying that you would not have them at your club?

Any team would love to at least one of those three playing each week, but as mentioned it is difficult when life gets in the way. As said, a fringe player suddenly finds themselves playing a game in the 1sts, to be dropped the next week.
Mash obviously will find it difficult to commit with his schedule for the renegades; common knowledge police officers always have rotating shifts in Minney's case; and until the season starts you can't be sure with Turner

Back