Money Shield 18/19

Savage RN

No, you said that you wouldn’t if you were Eltham. The question I asked was would you tell Mashy that you don’t want him at your club because he’s going to miss four games.
My point is clear and I stand by it. I don't like players playing part time, whoever they are. Seen first hand how it badly damages a clubs fabric and I don't like it. If I was in the 2nd division and the decision was with me I would say thanks but no thanks.

Where's the end game? Hypothetically speaking, the team rises to Barclay . Does the player continues to be part time? Does he stop playing ? One things for sure he aint going to become full time. So all of a sudden the team is in the top tier, without their main man and the fringe players who were burnt the previous season (and possibly missed out on a flag) are all of a sudden required to stand up and perform in a top grade, that's of course if they are even still playing?**

IF I was Eltham, a club well known in the DV to have a poor culture, no recent success of note and a history of part timers (training and playing), it'd be a more resounding NO, reasons stated previously in my posts. We know even with this system in place in 18/19 the Panthers failed miserably so it's not even like it's a successful model to continue to use.

** I'm speaking as if it was my clubs intention to gain promotion and consolidate/compete in the top flight. Not just to win Money Shield and deal with the rest later.

Warwick Todd

Every single club in the DVCA would take him. To say any wouldn’t, would be foolish.
There'd be plenty that wouldn't want him. Cashes in against bottom side Mill Park, but when it comes to a pressure semi-final he's found out.

I've always thought that you're better off spending your cash on a couple of decent players than to put it all in one basket on a gun player. Particularly one that can't bowl.

BMW

What's the alternative for blokes who are 1st XI cricketers that can't commit to the majority of the season ?

There are plenty of decent cricketers lost to the game because their competitive juices aren't quenched in a lower grade
Then there are the ones that play a lower grade and get 'caned' for playing at a standard well below their abilities

Local Cricket boys - as long as these guys are getting to training and educating the next wave - play on I say

Agree with the last point from BMW - if they are educating the next wave - play on! Let's remember Mash returned to the club he played with as a junior. That's a big plus when he could have got huge money elsewhere. Let's give him a rap instead of bagging him

Part time players have worked wonders for clubs in the past, Mill Park won a flag and saved themselves from relegation on the back of a guy playing a couple of games in crunch time.

If it works and helps the club win and or maintain the position they are in until it can produce or bring in some full time players is it not a good thing?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Savage RN

Part time players have worked wonders for clubs in the past, Mill Park won a flag and saved themselves from relegation on the back of a guy playing a couple of games in crunch time.

If it works and helps the club win and or maintain the position they are in until it can produce or bring in some full time players is it not a good thing?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Where are they now?

Savage RN

Agree with the last point from BMW - if they are educating the next wave - play on! Let's remember Mash returned to the club he played with as a junior. That's a big plus when he could have got huge money elsewhere. Let's give him a rap instead of bagging him
Never was bagging him! Want to make that very clear. It’s the system in place which I was talking about.