Money Shield 18/19

Season predictions anyone?

Will be a tight finish between the top 7 imo.

Being bias... Udhara Hewa Wellalage to win the medal and OP's to go back up

Lower Plenty
Old Paradians
Banyule
Heidelberg
Eltham
Mernda
Bundoora United
Mill Park
Greensborough
Lalor Stars
That'd be great for the comp, another import winning a medal. Wait until the points system comes in, a few clubs will be scurrying then.

Everyone very very bullish about OP's. I'd be very wary, not many come down and go straight back up. I think this will be the case with OP's. They may scrape in but history suggests they will be a midway club at best.

That'd be great for the comp, another import winning a medal. Wait until the points system comes in, a few clubs will be scurrying then.
Whats wrong with bringing "imports" in? You sitting on your ass here whinging about it incessantly achieves far less than when someone like Hewa Wellage send thunderbolts down on a Saturday and is actually doing good for the local game.

Good and emphatic first up win for the Stars v Eltham. I for one had them in my bottom two, if not relegation material. Eltham look to be very light on in the bowling department, once again relying on a lot of overs from Turner for not much reward but certainly economical. You’d expect Eltham to get plenty of wins when Mash plays, but will it be enough for them to make finals?

Good and emphatic first up win for the Stars v Eltham. I for one had them in my bottom two, if not relegation material. Eltham look to be very light on in the bowling department, once again relying on a lot of overs from Turner for not much reward but certainly economical. You’d expect Eltham to get plenty of wins when Mash plays, but will it be enough for them to make finals?

Thought the exact same thing. The Mash factor will be the one that gets them wins, can’t see them winning a game without him in the side. A few other teams under performed Eg Mernda & Lower.. taking nothing anyway from OPs and HCC.
Alarm bells for Mernda especially with the news of Gardiner going back to Lower... watch this space

Back