Money Shield 18/19

Well I can tell you why he left, and it was straight out of his mouth. He was wanting to test himself at the highest level, in Barclay Shield. You cannot begrudge anyone for wanting to play at the best possible level.
And wasn't prepared to back himself and his team-mates (including Mash) to be there in one season's time?

Well I can tell you why he left, and it was straight out of his mouth. He was wanting to test himself at the highest level, in Barclay Shield. You cannot begrudge anyone for wanting to play at the best possible level.

Before testing himself at the highest level, perhaps he should have some success at a lower level. He's never made a hundred in Money Shield in 81 games and has never made a hundred for Eltham in 200 games.

Perhaps he's not as good as people (or himself) think he is.

If this is the standard for $250 minimum a game, then LP have a lot of thinking to do in the off season. Paying blokes this type of cash will never get you anywhere..
(Note this isn’t a personal attack, just the first one that comes to mine, the keeper Maddox is nearly just as bad)

Attachments

• 7D5C21F2-DFB1-42B7-9370-E18422F6D62D.png
    7D5C21F2-DFB1-42B7-9370-E18422F6D62D.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 23
If this is the standard for $250 minimum a game, then LP have a lot of thinking to do in the off season. Paying blokes this type of cash will never get you anywhere..
(Note this isn’t a personal attack, just the first one that comes to mine, the keeper Maddox is nearly just as bad)

Where are you getting the $$$$ figures from? Are they all paid every week?

Lower spent $58000 this year on players & coaches..

Surely not. I find that very hard to believe, who (President, Treasurer, Exec, Committee) in their right mind would allow for that sort of incompetence to happen? Even if you do win the flag. That's sheer stupidity.

Jeez all that cash and their supporters couldn't even buy their own drinks on the day.
No cash here
Surely not. I find that very hard to believe, who (President, Treasurer, Exec, Committee) in their right mind would allow for that sort of incompetence to happen? Even if you do win the flag. That's sheer stupidity.
I know we don’t see eye to eye a lot mate, but believe me when I say this is gospel.

Imagine how Lower will be feeling when they find out Whitcher as CC is the only bloke that gets paid at Heidelberg. No incentives, nothing. And if I'm not mistaken I reckon most of the blokes in their side are HCC juniors. Not sure how they'll go in Barclay but still not a bad effort.

yes they are lucky that they have a young side with home grown talent but I don’t see them competing in barclay the depth isn’t there with 3 senior sides at their club they’ll drop straight back down

yes they are lucky that they have a young side with home grown talent but I don’t see them competing in barclay the depth isn’t there with 3 senior sides at their club they’ll drop straight back down
Well if they come back down, the first thing you’ll be doing ‘Easy’ is not going up to the stumps when your captain asks you not to.

Heidelberg - Hit their straps at the right time of the year and executed when it mattered. Suppose you're going to feature at the pointy end of the season when you have 3 blokes make over 450 in your team. Bowling was nothing special but did the job. Interesting that their 3 losses were against the 3 teams that didn't make the finals, and they were 3 pretty big losses.
Eltham - A lot has been said about Eltham and i guess rightfully so with the "big 3" but I guess if you rely on 3 blokes to get you up it's probably not going to end well for you. Bowling probably didn't seem that bad on paper as it gets said at times. Interested to see if the big 3 is still going to play and how they'll go next year. If Turns is getting paid, is it still a viable option?
Banyule - Probably a pass mark, pretty young group which at times looked as if they missed the leadership of an Occa type player throughout the season. 2 consecutive semi final departures in a row will motivate a young group like that. Need a gun bat.
Lower Plenty - Gun team on paper, took a while to gel but when they got on a roll looked unstoppable. Don't subscribe to the money figures getting splashed around on here but the guys who seemingly would have been on cash (Killa, Fielding, Wright) didn't stand up for them when they needed them most.
Bundoora United - The most surprising team of the year, beat up on the 2 Grand Finalist's and had a list which has done it all before, would have caused some damage had they played finals. Tipping they will be bouncing back pretty hard next season. Loss to Greensy had huge implications.
Lalor Stars - Stunning early season form and caught everyone off guard but couldn't maintain the form. The list is still a bit of a "dad's army". Must keep Steele.
Old Paradian's - The most disappointing season, given their status as flag favourites in November, a complete and utter bed soiling to finish where and how they did.
Mernda - Horror start to the year losing their boom recruit mid-way through round 1, did the coach get the sack early on as well? Can't sugar coat the season but I guess they did well not to get relegated after all that off field stuff happened.
Mill Park - Heard that their best 2 players (Castles) didn't even train from November. That can't be good, lucky not be relegated.
Greensy - Suppose it didn't come as a big surprise where Greensy finished up..

Welcome back to Research next season and Monty.

Research 4th comp in 4 years... Has to be a record!

Back