Money Shield 2012/13

Jason Arnberger had a highest first class score of 239*. :rolleyes:
spot on! Name 1 lankan or indian (or overseas player or so called gun ex district player) who has either a) hung around more than 2 years b) actually been any good or consistent or c) not cost a packet and been worth the investment? 2nd best bat in comp! Geez, thats an insult to mark minney cos i thought daylight was 2nd!!! For goodness sake you blokes. Put your gun back in the holster. We should change the name of the comp to the Diamond Valley Flash In The Pan Cricket Association!! Maybe A.Mcginty or S.gibbs but otherwise struggling to think of many more..

spot on! Name 1 lankan or indian (or overseas player or so called gun ex district player) who has either a) hung around more than 2 years b) actually been any good or consistent or c) not cost a packet and been worth the investment? 2nd best bat in comp! Geez, thats an insult to mark minney cos i thought daylight was 2nd!!! For goodness sake you blokes. Put your gun back in the holster. We should change the name of the comp to the Diamond Valley Flash In The Pan Cricket Association!! Maybe A.Mcginty or S.gibbs but otherwise struggling to think of many more..
I don't care if he plays next year, or the year after! The guy can bat..

I think it's great to see some batting imports ( hurstbridge no 3 plus what looks like a couple at greensborough). The comp has a serious lack of quality batsmen and aside from Minney how many batsmen walk out there trying to bat all day. Hopefully if these guys are doing well everybody makes the most out of watching them play. Not to say after watching them bat you'll be on the way to making runs but you'd be stupid not to watch the way they go about it.

It's much better than everyone loading up on fast opening bowlers. On another point that's been discussed, I think it's awesome that Mill Park have picked up hodge for a game. Fair play to them. I wonder what the reaction would have been like if they'd picked up a dirk nannes or Shaun tait to bowl on hard wickets for a night. Lets hope we stay on the batsmen/ part time spinner route!

I think you're a little harsh. Bubis and Pavey both came from district clubs.

It is good seeing imported bats for once, you don't see them often. Whilst I, like most, put Skips and then daylight, Elliot Smale has to be fairly close. Has consistently for years been in outstanding form. A very very quality bat, who doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon.

Gl
I think you're a little harsh. Bubis and Pavey both came from district clubs.

It is good seeing imported bats for once, you don't see them often. Whilst I, like most, put Skips and then daylight, Elliot Smale has to be fairly close. Has consistently for years been in outstanding form. A very very quality bat, who doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon.
Glen Turner has a 40 plus average in Barclay Shield over 10 years and played 3 seasons of district ones!

Gl
Glen Turner has a 40 plus average in Barclay Shield over 10 years and played 3 seasons of district ones!

No doubt a gun batsmen, keeper and handy bowler. But when you compare batting at 6 vs opening the batting or batting at 3, there's a big difference in averages. But still a great batsmen.

No doubt a gun batsmen, keeper and handy bowler. But when you compare batting at 6 vs opening the batting or batting at 3, there's a big difference in averages. But still a great batsmen.

I don't think Brutal was comparing Turner with Minney, but rather with Smale.
Both of them have generally batted 4/5/6. While Turner has never monstered attacks in the way Smale has sometimes done, Turner has undoubtedly been the more reliable and consistent performer, and over a longer period.

G
I don't think Brutal was comparing Turner with Minney, but rather with Smale.
Both of them have generally batted 4/5/6. While Turner has never monstered attacks in the way Smale has sometimes done, Turner has undoubtedly been the more reliable and consistent performer, and over a longer period.
Glad I could start such a virile conversation however while I agree with the status of the names mentioned I was more about the comment made about how good this import is for hb. It's not personal just an opinion that most who come here are overpaid and overrated. Would rather see homegrown kids get a game. Anyway anyone land the cup trifecta? If yes, Your shout knackers...

Under 21s Rep squad announced Mitch McAuley (c)
Epping
Nathan Chrimes (vc) Eltham
Ryan Eley Bundoora
Matthew Chrimes Eltham
Jaedeyn Kearney Epping
Robert Tinsley Epping
Nick Biscontin Heidelberg
Will Knight Heidelberg
Brad Nihill Heidelberg
Jack Ridewood Heidelberg
William Steward Lower Eltham
Nick Rowe Lower Plenty
Niall Smith Lower Plenty
Daniel Watson South Morang
Nathan Gardiner Whittlesea

Under 21s Rep squad announced Mitch McAuley (c)
Epping
Nathan Chrimes (vc) Eltham
Ryan Eley Bundoora
Matthew Chrimes Eltham
Jaedeyn Kearney Epping
Robert Tinsley Epping
Nick Biscontin Heidelberg
Will Knight Heidelberg
Brad Nihill Heidelberg
Jack Ridewood Heidelberg
William Steward Lower Eltham
Nick Rowe Lower Plenty
Niall Smith Lower Plenty
Daniel Watson South Morang
Nathan Gardiner Whittlesea

Only 5 from BS (and only 3 clubs), perhaps they aren't taking it seriously.

Only 5 from BS (and only 3 clubs), perhaps they aren't taking it seriously.

Or maybe they don't have any quality kids who tried out?
Or maybe they did, but just didn't get selected?
Or maybe their clubs were too slack to nominate them?

Rather than look at it in a negative light, how about you congratulate the kids that will be representing OUR comp. Good luck to all the boys, should be a great experience for them all.

Back